Traveling with Dogs - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
Shortly after we pick up our new escape next spring we are planning to escape for 3 weeks! We have 2 small dogs who are also going with us. Our plan is to travel east to Yellowstone and then down to Vegas, then over and up the coast. When we get to Vegas we will want to go on a couple of excursions into the city to see the sites. we have been thinking that if the weather is hot we might consider leaving the dogs in a "doggy daycare" run by pet stores like petcetera. What kinds of things do others do to manage their dogs when they want to leave them behind for a day?

jen
Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Te one time I had to leave the critters like that, I asked for recommendations from folks on this board and found a GREAT hotel for them.

evryone was very helpful and I trusted thier personal experience over a website or brochure.

Maybe the Vegas faction will chime in.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #3

Registry
Speaking of which...

Can any costal Oregon dwellers recommend a good kennel for my two pups during the Oregon Rally?

I will be on a holiday before I get there, so they will be with me, but I am afraid that there will be too much activity for them at Bullards.

I will have to find a good sitter in the area. Bandon, Coos Bay...
Old 11-19-2006, 10:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft Escape
So Gina, when you mentioned a hotel were you talking about dog services offered for guests? For a minute I thought maybe you rented them a room, but that can't be right!

jen
Jen'nBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
Speaking of which...
Can any costal Oregon dwellers recomend a good kennel for my two pups during the Oregon Rally?
Four years ago we boarded our dog at Riverview Kennels. It was extremely well run and the people there took very good care of her, giving her lots of extra attention. Since that time it was sold and there are new owners... we haven't used them (or any other kennel) since then, so we don't have a report on what it's like there now. But a huge plus is that it's located just up the river from Bullards Beach, a 5 minute drive from your campsite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chert.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	5554

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:38 PM   #6

Registry
Jen, no. I meant a doggie motel as in one THEY stay in, an upscale kennel.

Jeanne, that link looks good. I know how you baby your baby, so I will give them a call.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 PM   #7

Registry
and...

that recommendation turned out to be an outstanding one! The next Oregon gathering is a year away, but if you have a situation where your pups or kittens need a place to stay during the gathering, I can HIGHLY recommend Riverview.

They put up with me going over there daily to play and visit with my dogs, it is immaculate and the grounds very peaceful. I wanted to go stay with them!

Very nice folks, and reasonably priced, with huge kennels, indoor/outdoor runs and large exercise areas.

Each kennel has a bag that looks to be hand made with beads and decorations (Like the dogs really care) and all their goodies are kept in them, they hang on the kennel gates for each dog.

Not once did I see a poop (Or smell one) and I was there at different times of day. They are quick and sanitary. All the dogs have raised beds, and you can bring your own bedding, toys etc.