Trillium Restoration - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #1

Name: Joshua
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Michigan
Trillium Restoration

Hello there,

First off I want to say this is not a complete restoration the trailer is in great shape. There are just some things we want to change aesthetically like painting my cabinets and such. We also took out the refrigerator the power inverter in the furnace and we'll set it up for solar in the near future.

We also have been working on slowly painting the inside and making some changes but I have a few questions to start off the project and I'll add some pictures as we go to everything that we've done to what it looked like when it was original to what it looks like now.

Here are some original pictures from when we first purchased it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160919_204244.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	100925
b63215b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:22 AM   #2

Name: Shelley
Trailer: 78 Trillium 4500
Michigan
Do you have more pictures? I only see one. Thanks.
Shelley Youngman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #3

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley Youngman View Post
Do you have more pictures? I only see one. Thanks.
Yes just havent had a chance to post more.
Old 11-05-2016, 02:20 PM   #4

Michigan
Here is the link to the album of pictures

You can see the retro orange and retro patterns, and later in the pictures you can see our new cushions (yes we increased the thickness). If we are interested who made our covers for use please check out her sight its Jennifers Custom Slipcovers-Jennifer's Custom Slipcovers

Also notice we painted the wood hatch doors and inside the storage areas as well, I am also working on patching any areas that are bad.

I also took out the furnace (Free for the taking if you want it, but you must come and get it) and I am now working on patching that whole, liquid nailed a board from the inside, use bondo body filler to fill the whole, the next step will be to fiberglass it. I am use west systems epoxy to do that.

https://goo.gl/photos/PYrbaBaHSdAztWpN9
Old 11-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Very nice! you might want to look into a proper lower vent for your fridge. I have several spares.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:37 PM   #6

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Very nice! you might want to look into a proper lower vent for your fridge. I have several spares.
Thanks, the original fridge was not sold with the trailer. We will instead keep our water in that space and just have a suction hand pump for inside. If we get a fridge it will be an Engel type fridge.

Out of curiosity what does the proper lower vent look like?

Josh
Old 11-18-2016, 02:44 PM   #7

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by b63215b View Post
Here is the link to the album of pictures

You can see the retro orange and retro patterns, and later in the pictures you can see our new cushions (yes we increased the thickness). If we are interested who made our covers for use please check out her sight its Jennifers Custom Slipcovers-Jennifer's Custom Slipcovers

Also notice we painted the wood hatch doors and inside the storage areas as well, I am also working on patching any areas that are bad.

I also took out the furnace (Free for the taking if you want it, but you must come and get it) and I am now working on patching that whole, liquid nailed a board from the inside, use bondo body filler to fill the whole, the next step will be to fiberglass it. I am use west systems epoxy to do that.

https://goo.gl/photos/PYrbaBaHSdAztWpN9
I would love to have the furnace.. I have several Trilliums that I'm renovating and 4 does not have any furnace in them the previous owners removed them and I've been trying to replace them.. I'm willing to pay the shipping and handling fee's if I could persuade you to box it up and ship it to me.. I had one shipped and it cost like $70 from Canada don't know what this one will cost but I sure would like to get it.. Please consider it and let me know.. Thanks Randy....

I also noticed you removed the inverter, are you going to keep it or replace it.. If you decide to replace it I would like to buy the old one...
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
I would love to have the furnace.. I have several Trilliums that I'm renovating and 4 does not have any furnace in them the previous owners removed them and I've been trying to replace them.. I'm willing to pay the shipping and handling fee's if I could persuade you to box it up and ship it to me.. I had one shipped and it cost like $70 from Canada don't know what this one will cost but I sure would like to get it.. Please consider it and let me know.. Thanks Randy....

I also noticed you removed the inverter, are you going to keep it or replace it.. If you decide to replace it I would like to buy the old one...
Just so you know I could not get it to work but I didn't try hard.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #9

Michigan
Quote:

Sorry yes, I have no need for the invertor.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:47 AM   #10

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
So Joshua, do you have any parts available?
Where in Michigan are you?
Thanks Mike
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:57 AM   #11

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by b63215b View Post
Sorry yes, I have no need for the invertor.
Would you be willing to ship the inverter and furnace to Alabama.. I'll pay shipping and what ever you want for the inverter......
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 04:54 PM   #12

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
So Joshua, do you have any parts available?
Where in Michigan are you?
Thanks Mike
By Toledo, OH. I have a furnace that I couldn't get to work, the power inverter, front shelf, all the old cushions including the bunk with hinge and supports (good condition but musty as one would expect, the stove (works). I'd sell it all for $200 or trade for a working bag awning. Let me know

Josh
Old 11-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #13

Michigan
Quote:
Would you be willing to ship the inverter and furnace to Alabama.. I'll pay shipping and what ever you want for the inverter......
I am going to see if people closer can't get it, there are a few ahead of you. I'll let you know.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:00 PM   #14

Joshua, if you would consider $150, I'd pick it all up in the morning?
Mike
Old 11-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #15

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
Joshua, if you would consider $150, I'd pick it all up in the morning?
Mike
$150 is great but I am not able to do it till Wednesday morning. Does that work? I send my cell in a PM.

Josh
Old 11-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #16

Got it, thanks much!

Tags
trillium