Trillium v Burro v Egg v Casita v ? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Robin,

Thanks for the added info. I haven't been around long enough to see the previous threads.

I could see a park wanting neat and tidy rigs, but equating that with age seems weird to me. I mean, look at a neighborhood with run down houses - they're just as (or maybe more) likely to be 1950s ramblers as they are to be 1890s Victorians. I just don't see age making the difference. (Of course private parks can do whatever they want; they could allow only blue campers if that's what they felt like.)

Your restaurant/tie example is a good one. Where I lose it is just in equating "new" with "nice." As if the tie and suit had to be less than five years old to count

I understand you don't make the rules (or even if you did...), so I'm not responding as if you were being illogical. Just sounds like a bit too much judging by age/size, and not by what they are really looking for (probably tidy, quiet people who pay their fees on time and then go on their way).

Clearly I'm going to be out when it comes to those places, with my 1980s Volvo and my 1970s camper that's only ten feet long! Too bad as I'm quiet, helpful when it's called for, pay my fees, and then go on my way.....
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #22

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
We keep seeing the age/appearance/size topic rearing it's ugly head, but in two years of Scamping all over the West with our lil 13, even at the point early on in the restoration where the exterior made us look a bit like traveling Bubbas, we have yet to encounter this anywhere.

It must exist for it to be such a persistent topic, but never run into it personally.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #23

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Here's an extreme example of RV park restrictions. This place states on its website that it only allows class A motorcoachs that are 25' or longer. I'm sure if you showed up in a tired 1980 Winnie, there's no way you could stay.

http://www.lasvegasmotorcoachresort.com/main.php
Old 01-27-2009, 03:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp
Talking

RV parks with those restrictions. We don't need them anyways. With proper planning hopefully won't have to resort to them, since they cater more to the rich. But can be tough if one is in a situation. But there is always a Walmart within reach somewhere right???
Dan Vang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Ron - Agree - and it is WONDERFUL
<snip>
Given that, how could **I** all of a sudden say that **MY** choice is the only right one? It absolutely IS the right one.. for ME. Not for anyone else.

Different Strokes for Different Folks.
[b]Wooohooo for Alan He's said exactly what this community is all about. It really boils down to "Love the One You're With." Each owner and each brand of molded lightweight fiberglass towable is valued here on FiberglassRV and I applaud each and everyone of you for your kindness and courtesy.

Keep up the good work!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #26

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Put the kids in a tent. They usually like being on their own. Also, they won't always want to go with you. And, they won't always be around and a FGRV will last a good long time! This is all IMHO, considering my experience with one and two teenagers--who always like to bring friends along!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:28 PM   #27

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
For two weeks this summer, our nephew enjoyed his self-proclaimed "one story mansion in the mountains" pitched next to our Oliver trailer... At 14, he wanted the independence and privacy of his little tent. (And enjoyed the convenience of our shower and bathroom...not to mention, the kitchen!). We all had a wonderful time. He took over my campfire building duties after a few lessons.... One match fires, hotdogs & smores ...life doesn't get much better....
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
SherryandPaul, that's what it's all about, sharing the joy of the great outdoors! Great pic's! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:40 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I am glad to see another family interested in fiberglass trailers.

The Escape floorplan B with the optional gaucho front bunks will work for a family of four but there isn't much extra room for everyone to be milling about. I think the front bunk is rated the highest of all new models (200 pounds) and the beds are 77 inches (6 feet, 5 inches) long. The Casita's that I used to rent had a bunk rated to 80 pounds but maybe that has changed and it is probably conservative for protection of the manufacturer against kids bouncing on them and such. The other brands with bunk beds are fine options as well but I don't know the bunk weight capacities. The floorplan A option has dinette and bigger beds fore and aft which might work if the teenagers can share the bed.

The headroom when standing may be an issue. I am 5'10" and easily clear the ceiling in my Escape, though I don't wear shoes inside. Some of the other brands have more standing head room.

My two kids are still in elementary school and I expect we will be using the trailer for many years to come. A small tent is a great idea as an add along if the situation allows it; we bring one to play in. Here is a link on family friendly floorplans:
Family Friendly Floor Plans, A discussion of trailer models suitable for 3 or more people

Best of luck and happy hunting, a good match is out there somewhere.
Thane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, casita, trillium, eggcamper