Trillium Website Update - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #41
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Perfectly safe here. Lots of good info, very helpful and friendly folks. Hopefully our experience was unique. When is the big event? Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #42

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Paul W.
congrats and keep us posted how it all goes. We love photo's around here. You might want to watch out for, as P. Raz has reported on his brand new Trillium, "All the lights, wire and plumbing holes had to be caulked..." might be worth a look over upon delivery.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #43

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Further discussion

The Calgary Outback may also be bonded, but they have the rudest person imaginable answering their phones. She really turned us off. I heard after that they don't like the hassle of American customers.

I had been looking for a trailer within resonable driving distance, also. Calgary as well as Sacramento are about 600 miles from us in WA. I couldn't justify paying $2K delivery for Scamp nor Casita.

Now it turns out that Escape no longer makes a 13'. Our car just won't pull a heavier rig. But that is neither here nor there, we bought before all this happened.

Tom can be frustrating to work with, but we are happy with our Trillium and would buy it again.

If you do buy a Tom Trillium, tell him we are your referral, he, he, thanks.

The picture is where we are now.
Attached Thumbnails
GEDC0441.jpg  

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #44

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
melissa and others--
we have a 2004 outback by team trillium and we love it. the one feature we do wish we had---and could not get----were the jalousie windows. oh me oh my...it'd be sooooooo wonderful to have had them, but we have survived without them. the interior is fiberglassed---no screws through to damage the integrity of the exterior--and the workmanship is A-1.
and as regards to their customer service, i cannot speak to the comment about their receptionist being rude on the phone, as our interactions with the team there have been nothing but positive.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:10 PM   #45
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis F. View Post
That may be true now, but my Trillium Outback has the Trillium symbol molded into the door. I got mine before the other U.S. operations attempted to start up, so maybe Trillium Outback sold the logo.
Hi Curtis, you are my first reply on the fiberglassrv forum. We did sell the mold's about 4 years ago. We decided to remove the logo and modernize the look of the trillium. Just keeping up with the times. Hope your liking your Outback. Cheers
Joe Thoen
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #46
Commercial Member

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
The Calgary Outback may also be bonded, but they have the rudest person imaginable answering their phones. She really turned us off. I heard after that they don't like the hassle of American customers.

I had been looking for a trailer within resonable driving distance, also. Calgary as well as Sacramento are about 600 miles from us in WA. I couldn't justify paying $2K delivery for Scamp nor Casita.

Now it turns out that Escape no longer makes a 13'. Our car just won't pull a heavier rig. But that is neither here nor there, we bought before all this happened.

Tom can be frustrating to work with, but we are happy with our Trillium and would buy it again.

If you do buy a Tom Trillium, tell him we are your referral, he, he, thanks.

The picture is where we are now.
We are the Calgary Trillium Manufacturer's and would like to personally apologize for the experience you had with our company. I will look into the conversation, we have had no female working for us since Sept. 2010 so if that took place before then..she is no longer with the company. We have alot of troubles dealing with the American insurance companies in shipping the trailer's over to our neighbour's in the United States. I wish you the happiest of camping trips and the most memorable times in your Trillium.
Cheers
Candace Thoen
Team Trillium Manufacturing.
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #47
Commercial Member

Alberta
Hi Theresa, well here we are on the forum. I can't tell you how thankful we are that you sent us this information on the forum. We also would like to thank you for your kind word's regarding your experience with us. We would love to show our appreciation by sending you a special gift of an Outback gift set (custom coffe mugs and thermos) please send us your address and we will get this off to you as soon as possible. As we might not check the forum often enough please e-mail the information directly to us at ttm@moderndigital.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
melissa and others--
we have a 2004 outback by team trillium and we love it. the one feature we do wish we had---and could not get----were the jalousie windows. oh me oh my...it'd be sooooooo wonderful to have had them, but we have survived without them. the interior is fiberglassed---no screws through to damage the integrity of the exterior--and the workmanship is A-1.
and as regards to their customer service, i cannot speak to the comment about their receptionist being rude on the phone, as our interactions with the team there have been nothing but positive.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #48

Candace, do you ever answer the phone if customers call the number? I wondered if that might have have been a possibility. I am assuming Candace is a female name. Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
We are the Calgary Trillium Manufacturer's and would like to personally apologize for the experience you had with our company. I will look into the conversation, we have had no female working for us since Sept. 2010 so if that took place before then..she is no longer with the company. We have alot of troubles dealing with the American insurance companies in shipping the trailer's over to our neighbour's in the United States. I wish you the happiest of camping trips and the most memorable times in your Trillium.
Cheers
Candace Thoen
Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #49
Commercial Member

Alberta
Hi Ken you have definately assumed right Candace is a female name. I do not usually answer the phone at Team Trillium, as I have my own business(unrelated to the industry) I help Joe out by doing his e-mail's at night for him. My business keeps me very busy during the day therefore I have no time to answer phones at Joe's shop. I do not know what else to offer you other than the apology we have sent. I know that you will have many years of great times and making great memories while camping that this experience will be history for you. I wish we had time to camp as it is our busy season, however our boy's are getting older now and I think they will be getting into the camping scene. If you have been anywhere that you might suggest or have pictures of we would love to see them. Thanks Ken have a great day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Candace, do you ever answer the phone if customers call the number? I wondered if that might have have been a possibility. I am assuming Candace is a female name. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #50

Trailer: 73 Trillium 13 ft / Toyota Landcrusier HDJ81
Thought I'd give Joe some feed back.....I sent an email for some price quotes a month ago and got no response. I found what I needed somewhere else.
E Dyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #51

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T View Post
We are the Calgary Trillium Manufacturer's

[...]

Candace Thoen
I must say, what bugs me the most with the whole new-Trillium scene right now is that grey zone between the two companies that build so-called Trillium trailers.

I find it quite strange that two completely distinct companies should be allowed to step over each other's market by presenting (or strongly hinting) themselves to the public as the same brand name. I'm curious, for instance, as to why the Joe-Trillium folks feel they should be entitled to take-over a thread that was talking about the Tom-Trillium trailer, and talk about their product as if it was a Trillium, have a website with the word Trillium in it, and so on, if it really is an Outback and a different product. You don't see the Reace-Escape being presented as a Trillium, even though their product is also derived from the same basic concept and/or molds. If they really are allowed to do this, then all the merrier, but I would like to see this cleared up for us some day.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #52

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
daniel....the "joe trillium folks" DID NOT "take over a thread that was talking about the Tom Trillium trailer" as you have written. in fact, i sent them a personal message telling them that there seemed to be negative comments being posted about their company and INVITED them to come here, to this forum, and defend themselves. that only seemed fair. if you have questions regarding the right to use the trillium name, i think they (team trillium) would be the best persons to clarify this issue for you.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
daniel....the "joe trillium folks" DID NOT "take over a thread that was talking about the Tom Trillium trailer" as you have written. in fact, i sent them a personal message telling them that there seemed to be negative comments being posted about their company and INVITED them to come here, to this forum, and defend themselves. that only seemed fair. if you have questions regarding the right to use the trillium name, i think they (team trillium) would be the best persons to clarify this issue for you.
OK, so "take over" may be a bit harsh, but they are doing business here as "Trillium" on a thread about the TrilliumRV (Tom) web site. I would more than welcome an official clarification from them, as I'm very curious about how two different companies can overlap like this for so long and perpetuate the confusion without wanting to clearly differentiate themselves. Thanks for following-up with them.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #54

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I guess anyone that's hung out on FiberglassRV for very long, knows the Canadian Trillium is an "Outback" and TrilliumRV is patterned after the original Trillium from long ago. Knowledge is power!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:43 PM   #55

Also, we want everyone to feel welcome to contribute and learn without fear. Joe T is welcome in any and all threads. Moderators will take care of any problems if they arise.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #56

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
I am so-o-o-o confused.
Several years ago (2006?) when I bought my Trillium, I ordered awning hardware (tube, arms, etc.) from the only Trillium address ANYWHERE, and it was in Canada.
I think Calgary.
I dealt with the owner (I think) over the phone, and he was beyond-the-call-of-duty helpful.
I remember some conversation about his having recently bought the molds for the original Trillium, and was resurrecting the brand, it having been out of production for some years.
Could this have been Joe Thoen?
What the heck happened?
And is a Canadian brand (Trillium) now an an American brand, and the Canadian Trillium now an Australian-based-name imitation?
And where, pray tell, does the "Escape" come in to the picture?
Except for labels and hardware they all look exactly alike, even to the faithfully reproduced misalignment of the side walls that prevents the belly band molding from visually lining up.
Those molds, however cumbersome, sure seem to have logged a lot of miles...
Who exactly IS "Team Trillium", anyway?
Flow charts, maps, leaked communications, and decoder rings would be greatly appreciated, if available.

Thanks, I hope

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
I am so-o-o-o confused.
I bet that explaining the whole story would take an entire book. Your best bet is to go to a FG meet and sit around the campfire with one of those guys. I do know that they have collaborated with one, then another, at different points in time and made attempts to build trailers together, and then parted their own separate ways. Molds got passed around, cloned, recreated from plugs, and morphed over the years. Friendships were made and lost. There has actually been quite a few companies based on the same original trailer over the past decades. And all of the current companies, including TrilliumRV, are "reborn" entities.

You should basically see this as a big fiberglass family tree. And they're all good trailers. I just don't understand why the two Trillium companies here still confuse people by using the same name.

Now picture yourself trying to explain that to someone else!
Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 PM   #58

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel V. View Post

Now picture yourself trying to explain that to someone else!
Daniel,

How's this?

or maybe this

Guess I'll have to wait for the movie to come out...or just the "trailer" .

Thanks!

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:46 AM   #59
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I seem to recall a thread about some one writing a book about the history of fiberglass trailers. Anyone know if it ever got published? Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 AM   #60

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
I seem to recall a thread about some one writing a book about the history of fiberglass trailers. Anyone know if it ever got published? Raz
Don't know about a book, but Matt was making a video history: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ary-37971.html. Maybe he'll let us know how it's going. He's still active here on FiberglassRV: Last Activity: Yesterday 06:56 PM
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium