Trillium Website Update - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Trillium Website Update

Surprise, surprise, surprise, as Gomer would say. I went to the Trillium website and it has a brand new look.

Home | Trillium RV

Trilliums are also being shown at Traveland USA in Irvine, CA, at the corner of Sand Canyon Ave and Burt Rd. Although Traveland website has no mention of Trillium.

And I guess they are now built in Temecula, CA, not Brea. I find it interesting that the Carson City address is still given.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You'd think they'd put the parts page more visible instead of hiding it under the "Vintage Owners" tab. It's possible the Carson City, NV address is for tax reporting purposes or maybe Tom Young's address...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #3

Registry
Well, it is obvious that it is a work in progress. We will see in a couple of weeks...

Carson City was were Tom was going to move the business because of California's restrictive laws - I presume about the chemicals used to make the fiberglass. A small start up like Tom's certainly couldn't afford air scrubbers, etc. to prevent air pollution.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:05 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
I believe there are two Trillium makers these days, one in the USofA and one in Canada:

Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 AM   #5

Registry
Smile Two Trill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian W View Post
I believe there are two Trillium makers these days, one in the USofA and one in Canada:

Compact lightweight fiberglass Outback travel trailers Calgary | Trillium Trailers
Yes there are, sort of. But they have no connection to each other, I understand. If you look close, you will see the Calgary group call their trailer the Outback by Team Trillium:

"The founders of Team Trillium Trailers Manufacturing Ltd. each have more than 20 years of experience building and servicing trailers and RVs. Demand in the industry has moved us into manufacturing a trailer based on the popular Boler trailer of the 1970s, except with the latest technology. The new trailer is called the Outback."
(emphasis mine)

This is sort of like calling Puffs facial tissues, Kleenex.

I understand Tom Young has exclusive rights to calling his trailers, Trillium. You will also notice that only Trillium RV Ltd uses the Trillium symbol:
Attached Images

Old 11-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #6

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
I understand Tom Young has exclusive rights to calling his trailers, Trillium. You will also notice that only Trillium RV Ltd uses the Trillium symbol:
That may be true now, but my Trillium Outback has the Trillium symbol molded into the door. I got mine before the other U.S. operations attempted to start up, so maybe Trillium Outback sold the logo.
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:06 PM   #7

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
You'd think they'd put the parts page more visible instead of hiding it under the "Vintage Owners" tab. It's possible the Carson City, NV address is for tax reporting purposes or maybe Tom Young's address...
We live right outside of Carson City, NV and drove by the address a few days ago. It is just a small space in a strip-mall but Trillium RV is no longer there. According to the Sec. of State's on-line info, the company registered in 2007 but is no longer active. Tom Young is listed as President but he must have relocated.
Carol Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
There's a topic on CasitaClub that said the company had "recently been sold."
Trillium Trailers - The Casita Club Forums

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:39 AM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hi Donna. I stumbled on that thread the other day and had to laugh. That was our Trillium that Joe looked at in the outer banks. Our third or fourth night in it as I recall. We had to pay extra for the 3 way fridge. The battery was down a bit from running on 12v. I was charging it up with our solar panel. I guess he misunderstood. Perhaps the reference to new ownership is simply this is the new Trillium vs the old Ontario based Trillium?

As far as the NV address. Back in the spring we were promised first week in April delivery. When the first week in April came and went and not a word from Tom Young, I got concerned ($1500 deposit!!!) and did a little internet snooping. Using google maps I discovered Papa Murphy's Take and Bake Pizza located at that address. Not good. I looked a little closer and found there is also a UPS store in that strip mall. My guess is that corporate headquarters is a mail box. ??

On the new web site there is talk of an exceptionally well trained assembly crew, veteran RV personnel and engineers over seeing construction. Wish they were all there when ours was made! That said, the people who designed the 1300 all those years ago did a very good job. It is a very well thought out design. However, if you buy a new one you best be handy! Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
I looked a little closer and found there is also a UPS store in that strip mall. My guess is that corporate headquarters is a mail box. ??
That must be it. The address is a strip mall with about 8 units. The UPS store is in Ste 4 and the address for Trillium RV is Ste 4-178. Why didn't I think of that?
Carol Christensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:03 AM   #11

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Edit update>>> See Bottom

I also sent Tom money for the foil Trillium stickers he promised to have made.
He cashed my money order, but calls and e-mails to him have gone un-answered.
At first I got a lot of I'm sorry, I'm moving, I'm busy.... etc.
Now I get nothing from him.
And I am more than a little dissapointed

Edit update>>>>
It took Tom a while, But he made good on his word. Apparently the company that was supposed to do the stickers backed out, but Tom kept on until he found someone willing to make the old style foil stickers. once he got them , he sent them to me.

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #12

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... Maybe we have stumbled upon the reason that Escape/TRV didn't stick together???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #13
Raz

Several months ago we were promised some special resin to use on the door repair, the correct bolts that bolt the trailer to the frame ( the ones that came with it are too long and won't tighten), and a fix for a leaky back window. Not here yet.

Joe, maybe he will read this and it will jog his memory?? What do you think?

Alf, I would not be surprised. Raz
Old 01-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
No need to speculate, reace already said why in their video interview.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: All... Maybe we have stumbled upon the reason that Escape/TRV didn't stick together???
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Joe M. and P. Raz,
Did Tom or Trilliumrv ever respond and remedy what you both were waiting for?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:07 PM   #16

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
Strange, I was just speaking to the Trillium guy here in Quartzsite and he said they were in Texas.

Also worthy of note, they do not come with 3 way fridges any more.

There are a 13 and 16 here on display
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #17
Raz

Hello Ken. Yes and no. We received a call from Tom as a result of this thread. Basically it was the same conversation we had in November, and September, and July and numerous emails in between. Lots of excuses, promises, etc. We told him we were very disappointed and that we had had enough. The things that can be fixed, we will do ourselves. The things that can't be fixed we will have to live with. Thanks, Raz
Old 01-29-2011, 03:39 PM   #18

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
I received neither call or e-mail, and have given up trying. $80 down the drain, but lesson learned.

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:28 PM   #19

Trailer: 1999 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Florida
There were 2 Trillium in Quartzsite last week. After looking them over I am glad that I have my Casita.
Herb Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:05 AM   #20

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: All... You have to remember...there's always someone who can make something cheaper and those who shop by price alone are that persons lawfull prey!!!
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium