TV, or not TV... That is the Question... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Robert found this note on our front door and shared it with me when I got home from work yesterday...

<div align="center">Stu Segall Productions</div>

<div align="left">Dear Neighbors,</div> <div align="right">January 10, 2007</div>

I am contacting you on behalf of Stu Segall Productions, the local producer of the television show VERONICA MARS that airs Tuesday nights at 9PM on the CW(network). We will be filming a portion of the story at Corey's Liquor Store... (located at the other end of my block) Our filming date is Friday January 12, 2007 from approximately 4PM to 5AM. We normally do not film so late, but our story for this episode takes place at night.

We may have some intermittant traffic control during filming with the assistance of the San Diego Police Department. No delays will be more than a few minutes at a time, and emergency vehicles will always have the right of way. Access to driveways will never be blocked.

You may notice some temporary "No Parking" signs in the area. These are posted with the City's approval in order to assist with the parking of our essential vehicles.

I came home from work today to find the "No Parking" signs along the side street next to our house, which is right at the corner.

yay I think
Old 01-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
So, when should we look for your cameo appearance? I presume you'll be in the show as payment for your inconvenience?

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #3

Registry
Talking

Quote:
So, when should we look for your cameo appearance? I presume you'll be in the show as payment for your inconvenience?

Roger

Not this time. I'm sure that's not in their budget...

Actually, I've already [b]had my, er... 15 seconds of fame.
In September of 1984, I was an extra when they filmed the TV miniseries that was made of the book SPACE, by James Michener.

Part of the story was filmed aboard my ship, the U.S.S. Albert David, FF-1050, and I was on duty during the filming.
I got to work with James Garner. My experience is that television filming is tedious work.

Oh, BTW... I still have the VHS tape of my big scene.
The miniseries aired April 14-18, 1985.
Chevrolet was a major sponsor... They used the show to introduce the *new* Chevrolet Astro Minivan.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
My daughter watches Veronica Mars....find out when the episode is going to be shown....

My 15 minutes of fame, was less...flattering.

The TV show "COPS" came to Portland back in the late 1980s, during Rose Festival. They were here for 3 solid days filming. I was working the festival center (huge carnival atmosphere), no I wasn't a carney...I was a cop. Anyway, working the main midway, I had just gotten a female suspect to the ground and was cuffing her up, when here come the cameras and lights. At no time did they get a shot of my face (thank goodness)....but they got a full shot of my backside as I was bent over! There ended up being a couple of minutes of film, because the suspect continued to struggle (turned out she was drunk). How did I know it was me? All woman know their bee you tea tea 's when they see a picture I too have a copy of the episode on VHS tape...just never had the guts to watch it on a big screen TV
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #5

Registry
Talking

I just drove past the house, and no big trucks and generators.
They parked a lo-o-ong boom crane there, probably going to be a camera platform.
All of the "stuff" is down at the other end of the block next to the Liquor Store.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #6

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
My 15 minutes of fame, was less...flattering.

The TV show "COPS" came to Portland back in the late 1980s, during Rose Festival. They were here for 3 solid days filming. I was working the festival center (huge carnival atmosphere), no I wasn't a carney...I was a cop... just never had the guts to watch it on a big screen TV
Donna! YOUTUBE is calling!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #7

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
For about two weeks they were filming parts of TALLADEGA NIGHTS on my route awhile back. I never did see any of the actors (at least none that I recognized). But the street (an out of the way middle class residential side street) was a madhouse for the duration. They took down a guy's fence and used his yard as a central spot for cameras and various equipment and hundreds of people working the shoot. They killed his lawn. When they left his place looked better than it did before they got there, with the exception of his lawn, which took over a year to get back to a healthy state.

I also delivered mail to the production studio where much of the indoor shooting was conducted for SHALLOW HAL. I never saw Gwyneth Paltrow or Jack Black or Jason Alexander, but I could tell when they were on the set because the security would get really tight on such days. Lots of guards when they were around, and I only got in because I was delivering the mail.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #8

Registry
Talking

Quote:
They parked a lo-o-ong boom crane there, probably going to be a [b]camera platform.

They mounted a HUGE klieg light to the boom, raised it 40 feet in the air, and illuminated the Liquor Store's parking lot; a block away.
The light was over the top of all of the houses on the street.
Their generator was relatively quiet.
We were far away from any action.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:14 PM   #9

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Gee - I thought this was something about fiberglass RVs, maybe whether or not we want to have TVs in our eggs.

By the way, my answer would have been a definite "No!"
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #10

Trailer: Class C Trailblazer Motorhome
Exclamation

Quote:

Not this time. I'm sure that's not in their budget...

Actually, I've already [b]had my, er... 15 seconds of fame.
In September of 1984, I was an extra when they filmed the TV miniseries that was made of the book SPACE, by James Michener.

Part of the story was filmed aboard my ship, the U.S.S. Albert David, FF-1050, and I was on duty during the filming.
I got to work with James Garner. My experience is that television filming is tedious work.

Oh, BTW... I still have the VHS tape of my big scene.
The miniseries aired April 14-18, 1985.
Chevrolet was a major sponsor... They used the show to introduce the *new* Chevrolet Astro Minivan.

I am jealous. You got to meet James Garner. He has been one of my favorite actors since the first episode of Maverick back in 1957. Oops, was I even born then?
Bon
Bonnie Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #11

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
My 15 mins of fame came when a TV station interviewed me in front of Portlands Memorial Coliseum while waiting in line to see Pink Floyd. That was a LONG time ago. I couldn't have been over 18.

I spent 3 days and nights perched at gate # 2 (Back then, it was "festival seating, first in got the best seats)

At the time, all my friends thought it was cool! I think back, and tell myself "You were such a dork".

I work with rock stars on occasion, young and old, thru my job. Ah, to be humbled into prole status by being in the presence of one man...

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 06:16 PM   #12

Registry
Talking

Quote:
My daughter watches Veronica Mars....find out when the episode is going to be shown....
One of the crewmembers said that it should air in about 90 days.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #13

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
One of the crewmembers said that it should air in about 90 days.
Thanks Frederick
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:22 PM   #14

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
A few years ago the host of a Portland Oregon cooking/interview show wanted a representative of a golden retriever rescue organization to appear -- to discuss golden retrievers while cooking a favorite dish. I (naively) volunteered.

About 10 minutes into filming while cooking, I realized that an ingredient I was reading in the recipe book wasn't on the counter, and I hadn't brought it. I thought, "that's odd, I don't remember this dish including garlic." Fortunately, the host had some in the frig. After adding it, I read the next line, which listed another ingredient not to be found. Sweating and desperate, I yelled "cut" -- finally realizing that while chatting with the host about dogs, unbeknownst to me, a page had turned in the recipe book!

As if that weren't bad enough, when a friend was viewing the show at my house (Halloween, 2003), she began howling with laughter. "Look, Look," she said, "there's an ant crawling up the side of the mixing bowl...." (and there was)

The editor failed to cut the scene with the wrong instructions and ingredients, and the ant had his TV premier.

That incident marked the end of my career as a Cooking Show celebrity.

Photo attached: Eric on "Politics & Pasta," Portland Oregon, 2003
Attached Thumbnails
Mary_King_008__2_.jpg  
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote