TV selection - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #21

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard Layout 6
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by global2edg View Post
I walked into a Best Buy and bought a Samsung 21". Open Box on sale. Hard to find smaller ones, but store happy to see it go. Four years of full timing and still great. Has two HDMI ports and supports my Chromecast. Bought a small aftermarket Bluetooth plug in so I can add extra speakers at other end of trailer. We use King Jack antenna and cable when available. Works great in our Casita.
Did you get the Chromecast to work with no Internet connection? I gave up trying and am using a Roku Ultra by connecting a USB drive loaded with tv shows and movies recorded with our TiVo.
DLDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: I started with a 2010 Casita Spirit Deluxe.I now have a 2015, Dynamax DX3-37RV Super-C diesel puller
Box Elder, SD (formerly of Long Island, NY)
Go to a TRUE truck stop. You'll likely find two or more 12VDC TVs that a trucker would install in his cab (as well as other 12VDC appliances).
FlyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 07:48 AM   #23

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
That is interesting to me because one of the SuperSonic brand versions in this multi-listing, to wit:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z44QSI

appears to be absolutely identical to a TV I have that is branded QFX. All the ports, etc are in the same place, the case looks the same, only the printing on the label looks different. I'm sure its the same.

But last week I dropped mine and the screen was damaged by impact with a sharp object. Half the picture is gone now. I opened the case and found that the screen is is labeled as a Boehydis Nt156whm-n12, which is a common laptop screen which is widely available.

But will a laptop screen work in the television? My research was inclusive but the 30 pin Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) interface is pretty much a standard, so I rolled the dice and ordered it. I'll know next week if it works. If it does, the TV will be back in service for about $45. If not, a new one will be about $117.

If I do go with a new one I will be looking for a different model. I like some aspects of it including the smaller (16 inch) size which makes it easier to store, and fact it is sold as RV ready (i.e. tolerant of variation in the 12 VDC power) but the connectors are hard to use and like most small TVs, the sound leaves much to be desired.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 01:24 PM   #24

Name: Stebe
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
I bought a Samsung Monitor that takes 12V in and cut off the power cord and adapted it to 12V. Its cheap, high quality, 24inch and works well on 12V. I found 24" was the biggest that would fit in my Casita.

I download movies to my phone and then connect the phone via usb-hdmi to the monitor. I also use a bluetooth speaker. I never have shore power and don't have an inverter so this has been working well.

The model I got is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elect.../dp/B01J4IP1FW
swhird is offline   Reply With Quote