Two Fiberglass Trailers stolen in LA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Two Fiberglass Trailers stolen in LA

Name:   549147_10200145873556406_660808161_n.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  9.5 KB
Two of "Happier Camper" fiberglass trailers got stolen last night in L.A. (Silverlake) Calf. area. One is orange UHaul and the other a Deep Purple Scamp. Call police if you see them.
The owners full contact info is:

The Happier Camper
Company owner Derek Micheal
3160 Riverside Drive,
L.A., Calf.
PHONE: 310-806-1856

From the owners company website Happier Camper Website:
**ATTENTION**

"This morning i woke up to the worst news ive had in a long time. I got a phone call asking where all my trailers were.. Knowing i only had one out on rental i raced to the lot in Silverlake and there i found no trailers.. someone had broken the lock off of the gate, came into the lot and stole 2 of my favorite trailers.. The Orange Uhaul CT and the Purple Scamp.. They were both rare vintage ultra lights, and i had put 100s of hours into restoring them. Its a real shame.. If you have seen these trailers ANYWHERE, have seem something close a post online or have any information, please call me or the police, my number is 310 806 1856.All my trailers have Thick hitch locks and are not easily broken, im thinking this was a well planned heist and that the trailers were possibly loaded onto flat bed trucks.

There are cameras in the area, and there are prints on the trailer that you left behind and needed to move to steal my little trailers. Police have been notified, and calls are out. There are many social media outlets i will be useing to put the word out and The uniqueness of the trailers and the special nich of the market will make it difficult to use or sell these little trailers without someone noticing. Please spread the work, there is a reward of $2000 for news that finds my trailers.

If you are the horrible person behind stealing them just know i will find you. Know that this kind of thing always comes back on you, and you will lose something dear to you in near the future. Im coming for you. Bring them back and you will be better off.

The Uhauls license number is 4BX4702, the scamp did not have a plate on it.

Thanks for all your help. Im not sure what this means for the Happier Camper rental business, but its defiantly a road block.. stay tuned for more information and let me know if you hear anything."
Attached Thumbnails
stolen scamp.jpg  
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Crap, I just saw this on Facebook and shared on my timeline.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Stolen trailers in California

The Happier Camper • TWO HAPPIER CAMPERS STOLEN FROM OUR LOT IN LA, PLEASE HELP!

**ATTENTION MY son in California **

This morning i woke up to the worst news ive had in a long time. I got a phone call asking where all my trailers were.. Knowing i only had one out on rental i raced to the lot in Silverlake and there i found no trailers.. someone had broken the lock off of the gate, came into the lot and stole 2 of my favorite trailers.. The Orange Uhaul CT and the Purple Scamp.. They were both rare vintage ultra lights, and i had put 100s of hours into restoring them. Its a real shame.. If you have seen these trailers ANYWHERE, have seem something close a post online or have any information, please call me or the police, my number is 310*806*1856.All my trailers have Thick hitch locks and are not easily broken, im thinking this was a well planned heist and that the trailers were possibly loaded onto flat bed trucks.

There are cameras in the area, and there are prints on the trailer that you left behind and needed to move to steal my little trailers. Police have been notified, and calls are out. There are many social media outlets i will be useing to put the word out and The uniqueness of the trailers and the special nich of the market will make it difficult to use or sell these little trailers without someone noticing. Please spread the word, there is a reward of $2000 for news that finds my trailers.

If you are the horrible person behind stealing them just know i will find you. Know that this kind of thing always comes back on you, and you will lose something dear to you in near the future. Im coming for you. Bring them back and you will be better off.

The Uhauls license number is 4BX4702, the scamp did not have a plate on it.

Thanks for all your help. Im not sure what this means for the Happier Camper rental business, but its defiantly a road block.. stay tuned for more information and let me know if you hear anything.

--
Derek M.
lǝɐɥɔıɯ ʞǝɹǝp

=============================
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Sheesh- the market's even more overheated than I thought...

What are the VIN numbers that are stamped on the tongues?

Most law enforcers now have instruments that can read them, even once ground off.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #5

Registry
The victim has started a thread, too- suggest a merge. The other thread is: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nia-55349.html

Francesca
Old 11-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #6

Registry
Actually Francesca the second thread isnt the victim its just another repost by a member here.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I just have to question cause I have seen this posted in several places and each posting has a little bit different info such as towns, but none of the postings has a contact info, either for the police out of the town they were stolen from, nor the owners.......

We would all like to help, but to blindly call some police station and tell them we saw a stolen trailer without some way to lead them to getting the trailers back to their rightful owners, isn't gonna get anyone anywhere! More info needed to pass on to fellow rv'ers..........
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:52 PM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Actually Francesca the second thread isnt the victim its just another repost by a member here.
`
Well- I'd suggest a merge, anyway!

Francesca, On The Lookout
Old 11-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #9

Well with a little investigating I got a contact number. Hopefully they will be able to edit and put it into the original post, but until then,

It's, 310-806-1856
Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #10

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Angry Where were they stolen?

LA. Is that Los Angeles or Louisiana?

Did you notify the Border Patrol? They probably are in Mexico by now.

Ok. I checked the website. It was Los Angeles.

It is not a good idea to do this kind of thing; I am not judging anyone, but: "The jaws of hell are open wide."

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Two trailers stolen in California

Quote:
The victim is my son in California his name is Derek he has 5 fiberglass trailers he has bought and restored after catching fiberglass fever he owns happier camper.com where he rents the trailers .he keeps them on a secured well lit lot in silver lake very close to griffith park this morning he went to the lot to find two trailers missing .all trailers had hitch locks which were taken with the trailers.this is why we think they were taken on a flat bed truck or trailer. As you can amagine he is extemely distraught and if anyone sees these trailers please let us know

Derek 310 806 1856 or essexcountymedia@gmail.com
LAPD
Mike 519 796 5142
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Well with a little investigating I got a contact number. Hopefully they will be able to edit and put it into the original post, but until then, It's, 510-806-1856
Robin, the phone number is actually 310-806-1856. I cut and pasted the original post from the owners website 'Happier Camper" - so the info here is the same as what they have posted. Their phone number is listed in the first paragraph - same as the one on their webpage Happier Campers - a link was also provided to company website on the original post. So I dont know where you are seeing different info but what was on the original post is directly from the owner. I will go back and edit my original post to highlight his contact info.

Full owners details

The Happier Camper
Company owner Derek Micheal
3160 Riverside Drive,
L.A., Calf.
PHONE: 310-806-1856

Francesca a merge would indeed be a good idea.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
The victim is my son in California
Don't know if you saw my post in the thread you started- please do find and publicize the VIN's that should be both on the Titles and stamped on the tongue of each trailer. No matter how thoroughly a thief attempts to grind them off, law enforcement has equipment that will read the "ghost" lettering inevitably left behind!

We'll certainly keep our eyes peeled for trailers for sale, especially any with suspicious Title problems.

Good luck!

Francesca
Old 11-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy A Suggestion

Watch Craigslist and any other online selling site.

There have been many people who have found their stuff themselves. The police are too busy to do this kind of thing. They are too busy with life issues to worry about property crimes.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
The victim is my son in California his name is Derek he has 5 fiberglass trailers he has bought and restored
Mike sorry hear this! Here is hoping we can spread the word and with enough eyes looking for the trailers hopefully he will get them returned.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #16

Registry
I'd get a list of "questionable" chop/paint shops from the police, and have them checked out..

Those paint jobs are too conspicuous to go long without a disguise!

Francesca
Old 11-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #17

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
The victim has started a thread, too- suggest a merge.
I merged the two threads.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Robin, the phone number is actually 310-806-1856.

I had caught it and came back and changed it. Thanks!

I swear I looked for a phone number more than once........... LOL

God, now I am going blind...........

I did post this on a couple of FB groups, even Tin Can Tourist. I figure member's there will help keep an eye out for them as well. Good Luck, hope they are found soon................
Old 11-14-2012, 12:31 AM   #19

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Carol H, thank you for posting this. I like to think that such people cannot get away with theft no matter where in or out of the country they might go because so many people know about this. They can change the colors but not the year or make. And those redone trailers are rare. Only a few of those U-Hauls were even made.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #20

Registry
Cathy you are so right. I would encourage everyone who have a Facebook page to post it! Lots of eyes out for them will help. I know I have more than one friend how has hooked up and is currently making there way south for the winter and on into Mexico. You never know where the trailers might be spotted.