U-Haul owners!!!!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I've been adding posts to a few of the threads over there to give the place a little bit of a lived in look. If you care to do the same we may actually make the site functional. The software is a little clunky - it seems excessively difficult to add photos and every post has to be approved by a moderator.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #42

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
'Issues'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I've been adding posts to a few of the threads over there to give the place a little bit of a lived in look. If you care to do the same we may actually make the site functional. The software is a little clunky - it seems excessively difficult to add photos and every post has to be approved by a moderator.
Mr. Tom
As a 'volunteered' moderator (not sure how that happened???) I have addressed a PM to Mr. Jim, the administrator at HaulCampers.com, expressing concern over those 'issues'. Hopefully, he will reply soon. There should be a link to always approve members that are legitimate. I will tell you that there in a tremendous amount of spam, junk mail, etc. that attempts to post there mostly to insert their links...

Hey, we just make EVERYBODY a moderator and then no problem!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Mr. Tom
As a 'volunteered' moderator.........

Thanks for stepping up!
Old 06-24-2012, 04:16 PM   #44

OK, my posts are being shown immediately now.

Maybe I've gone blind, but I can't seem to find the search function there, now.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #45

Quote:
...........Maybe I've gone blind, but I can't seem to find the search function there, now.
OK, I've answered my own question. The search box is not there using Firefox, but is there using the Microsoft browser.

Funny, 'cause it used to be there using Firefox.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #46

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
OK, I've answered my own question. The search box is not there using Firefox, but is there using the Microsoft browser.

Funny, 'cause it used to be there using Firefox.
I will try accessing the site with Goggle Chrome and Explorer myself and see what is different. I also use Firefox as my primary.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #47

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
I discussed it with DW, but it looks like we will sit this out. We are more remote, boon dockers than social, state parks camping people. I hope you will post lots of pictures, though.

Gosh, Tom, we'd sure love to meet you and DW in person at Algonac. If you are able to, please stop by and say Hello.

....Or, what if we find a really remote site, with no power, kind of way out in the furthest point of the campground, in order to give you a feeling of boondockiness? ?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
....Or, what if we find a really remote site, with no power, kind of way out in the furthest point of the campground, in order to give you a feeling of boondockiness? ?
Yea, that might do it. Maybe a cornfield.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:08 PM   #49

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Yea, that might do it. Maybe a cornfield.
sounds good like the Field of Dreams: 'you build it they will come'...
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #50

Things have slowed back down at the UHaul forum. If you have a minute, please post over there to give the place a lived in look.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 AM   #51

Arizona
Registry
Smile

Been there and updated a couple threads and left a new one or two ...

Quote:
Things have slowed back down at the UHaul forum. If you have a minute, please post over there to give the place a lived in look.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #52

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Tom,

We are camping!!!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Tom,

We are camping!!!

CindyL

Great! We will look for a full report when you return.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #54

Arizona
Registry
Thumbs up

A full report with photos attached

Enjoy your time!

Quote:
Tom,

We are camping!!!

CindyL
Old 07-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #55

Registry
I can tell you right now that we are stuck in Dumbarton, WV with a Eurovan that broke its fans. We were driven with Uhaul towed here by a kind repair person who called ahead and got us a cabin where we can stay next to the repair place.

CindyL
Old 07-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #56

Arizona
Registry
Smile

Well I do have to comment that is very different way to "Camp" than I would, but hey I am old fashion.

Seriously that is terrible but at least you have a close by place to stay while the van is repaired. I hope that the cost is not very much and short in repair time. Then back to regularly scheduled camping!

Wish I could do more than just hope for the best to you.

Quote:
I can tell you right now that we are stuck in Dumbarton, WV with a Eurovan that broke its fans. We were driven with Uhaul towed here by a kind repair person who called ahead and got us a cabin where we can stay next to the repair place.

CindyL
Old 07-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #57

Quote:
I can tell you right now that we are stuck in Dumbarton, WV .........CindyL
Bummer, hope that is speedily repaired.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM   #58

Florida
Registry
Quote:

CindyL
Good that you got the tow and the place, hope to hear the rest works out good for you and Mr. Kevin.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #59

Registry
I got the location wrong. It is Delbarton, WV.

I do have to say that these people are lovely. They were not even going to charge stranded campers for the cabin, but we will insist. We were allowed to use their car today (and when we need it, so we are not stranded) to go to order the part for our Eurovan. We are on their Internet and cooking the food we were able to purchase today.

Very lovely, generous people, from the wrecker driver who found us a repair place with a place to stay to the cabin owner who gave me her password and who even fed us last night and to her sister, the car repair receptionist who found our part and loaned us her car.

So, with or without our van and camper, we are going to our Sat meeting, but we hope it will get repaired on Friday.

CindyL
Old 07-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #60

Arizona
Registry
WOW I did not believe those type of places and people still existed! What a blessing to a bad situation. Hope progress is made as quickly as possible. Sorry it happened but not for the people you have met.

Quote:
I got the location wrong. It is Delbarton, WV.

I do have to say that these people are lovely. They were not even going to charge stranded campers for the cabin, but we will insist. We were allowed to use their car today (and when we need it, so we are not stranded) to go to order the part for our Eurovan. We are on their Internet and cooking the food we were able to purchase today.

Very lovely, generous people, from the wrecker driver who found us a repair place with a place to stay to the cabin owner who gave me her password and who even fed us last night and to her sister, the car repair receptionist who found our part and loaned us her car.

So, with or without our van and camper, we are going to our Sat meeting, but we hope it will get repaired on Friday.

CindyL

Tags
u-haul