U-Haul owners!!!!! - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #81

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Tom: What's involved in registering over there. We tried some time ago but didn't get anywhere.
Bob, the hard part was the robot visual test, but they changed it. I've found that the site doesn't like Firefox, so use Explorer if you go there.

If you have problems, PM djtriceflt on this site. He is a moderator over there.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #82

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Darn, I always use Firefox, while I got you here, what's a good power converter, that's an upcoming project.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Darn, I always use Firefox, while I got you here, what's a good power converter, that's an upcoming project.
I'm still limping along with the original + solar. I recall some strong recommendations being made but not the details. Maybe something in this link?

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...+charger&sa=Go
Old 08-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #84

Name: Perk
Trailer: Formerly U-Haul
Arizona
Registry
I was just on UHaulCampers.com and had no problem navigating. I use Firefox and seems to be OK ... maybe Jim updated the software.
Perk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:55 PM   #85

I opened up the UHaulcampers.com site and these flew out:

Thanks to Kevin for posting there recently. If any other UHaulers have a chance, please post a few words to keep it going.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #86

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
I attempted to register and there is no way to. It could be a great site but it seems to have just stalled out?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #87

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Keep trying, Chris. Don is trying to get in touch with the website owner. The forum does not have the activity that is here, but it has lots of good information.
Most people belong in both places, there and here.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #88

Arizona
Registry
Please do not give up Chris ... we need new members and ideas to keep this site active. It will be worth it once you get signed up. I like having a site solely for our CTs and VTs and I believe you will too. Just give it a little more time.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #89

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Still have not heard anything

I hope Jim ( the administrator of the www.UHaulCamper.com website) is OK. I spoke with him by telephone, several weeks before Christmas, and he said he was going to sort out the problems with registering and posting pictures, etc. But, he has not been on the website or returned my recent calls since then...Only he has the ' keys ' to unlock access to certain areas as I am/was only a volunteered moderator. I'll keep trying to contact him and pray he is OK...I know many of us would like it to continue. For you new folks we sure hope it gets fixed soon as we need you over there, too!

I'll surely let everyone know when/if I hear something. Thanks
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #90

I went there today and got this message:

Quote:
Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #91

Registry
Me too.

CindyL
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #92

Georgia
Registry
Is there a way to get in touch with the host to see if the page could be acquired by someone else now that it seems to be defaulted?
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #93

Registry
Chris,

Jim tried to sell it a few years ago. Maybe he would still be willing if you are willing to pay.

Maybe we should all pool our funds. According to him, it costs him 50.00 a month to maintain it.

CindyL
Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #94

Name: JoJo
Trailer: Former CT 13 Owner
Connecticut
404 Say no more
Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #95

Florida
Registry
Has the fat lady sung???

"This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage. "

I've called Mr. Jim again and left more messages including the one above. I keep getting his voice mail and I am reluctant to give his number out as he told me it was private...But, if the website continues to be down, then PM me and I 'll give it to you as he might be open for suggestions, if he is in fact, OK? He has a full-time career, in the medical profession, and he was really only trying to help keep the site going after Mr. Ray Hoirner disappeared. I hope Mr. Forrest checks over here as he may have some suggestions , as well as any that you all might have.

' Sometimes we don't know what we have until we lose it '
Old 01-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #96

Arizona
Registry
UHaulCamper.com is still down ... getting the "HTTP 404 Not Found". I hope this is short term ...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #97

Florida
Registry
Exclamation Update on the singing Lady...

Dear Folks,
I just got off the phone with Mr. Jim (the UHaulCamper administrator)
and he has been OK but extremely busy with his career work. He appreciates all of the interest and concern about the UHaul website and he will be trying to get the site up and running again in the next few weeks.

He may be interested in selling the site, as Mrs. CindyL mentioned, but if not, he would like to keep it going with some improvements. He has decided NOT to charge for registering on the site, as he feels that is inappropriate. Advertising on the site would help offset costs but he said there is not enough interest and traffic there to make that practical. He is open to any suggestions but understand, as some of you know, he has been involved with that site since before Mr.Ray Horner left. (5 or 6 years)

He said he would really like to keep the site going but wants it to be self governed by involved responsible members. Again, he said any suggestions
he willl certainly welcome and he has given me permission to give his number out to registered members. (PM me) My impression is he is more concerned about keeping the site running smoothly than any financial support.

So, 'she' has not sung yet but maybe just clearing her throat...
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #98

Arizona
Registry
Excellent news ... glad he is OK and wants to keep the site up.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #99

That is great news. There is information there that is not here as well, so I'd hate to lose it.

I was poking around this site and stumbled on to the Companion camper saga. Ray Horner claims to know where the original UHaul molds are. Given that the outer shell molds were used for a year or so after UHaul production ended for the Companion trailers, there may be a clue.

Fiberglass RV - Companion Trailers
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 PM   #100

Georgia
Registry
Great news! Maybe someone or some group will pick up the site to help him out with the cost. I would love to be part of it any way I can.

Tags
u-haul