UHaul Glamper ! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Camilla, I'll be going out there tomorrow and will take more pictures with the ceiling.
Melissa, I have an awning stripe fabric on the front couch that coordinates with the Paris fabric. I haven't put in a chrystal chandelier yet (LOL here's when the men start screeeeming!!). But I am thinking of a pendant light with a drum shade that has a retro feel instead..
Jen it is so much fun!! Go for it, Glamp up your Burro
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #22

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
If I made it too girly, the man would probably get stuck in fetal position. But I am definitely making the design scheme all mine.

If you're going to be adding more photos, I'd like to request a couple of the front rock guard, too, please!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #23

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I just glued and stitched coordinating bead borders around a trouble light equipped with a buglight. It is now our main light in our screenhouse. Kevin even uses it when he camps by himself. Gets chuckles.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
I just glued and stitched coordinating bead borders around a trouble light equipped with a buglight. It is now our main light in our screenhouse. Kevin even uses it when he camps by himself. Gets chuckles.

CindyL
Cindy, I love the trouble light chandelier idea! pics would be nice
Old 05-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Doesn't the picture of Pam's setup just make you smile.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Pam, oh I get the need to have some extra's - I do have a few items to make it personal that come on most trips LOL & last count 7 throw pillows for the bed ..... would love to carry more but have a weight issue ;-))

I really love the front guard!! got me thinking!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #27

Registry
Pictures as promised. First the ceiling, and the front couch area. The ceiling is a 'scissors and hot glue project (described a few posts above).
The couch is covered with an awning fabric, and I used the same fabric for the shade. The shade is 'reverse rolled' and held in place with those flower clips at each end. I have a deep couch with enough room to sleep because I removed the bunk and the fiberglass mounting piece that was attached under the window. The back cushions are microfiber body pillow covers from Walmart. Pillow was made from a T-shirt with a cute graphic of a vintage trailer graveyard.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20120527-00593.jpg   IMG-20120527-00595.jpg  

IMG-20120527-00596.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #28

Registry
This is my rock shield cover. It was very easy to make. I measured the length and height of the sheild and added 1/2" to allow for the quarter-inch seams. I measured the flange and added 1" to cover the quarter inch seam, and then 3/4" for the hemmed edge. I put a piece of cardboard against the trailer and closed the shield so I coule trace the curve of the corners.
It was just a matter of laying out the dimensions and cutting the rectangle, then laying out my curved template on the corners and cutting them. I sewed it together and then put fringe on the edges. I also added little 'tabs' of material under the awing edge so I can clip a binder clip to the tab, and to the rock guard to hold it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20120527-00597.jpg   IMG-20120527-00599.jpg  

IMG-20120527-00598.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #29

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Oh Pam you are the crafty one! Thanks for sharing such great ideas.... although I promised myself after sewing my new cushion covers and curtains last winter I was never sewing again!! LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #30

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #31

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Pam-- that is amazing!! Beautiful!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #32

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Pam, your little Glamping trailer is awsome! You are so creative! Thanks for sharing your photos and tips. Everything matches and is useful and inviting and comfortable looking. This ROCKS!
May I ask a question, I am curious about your removing the bubble guard under the window to give you extra space. Did that piece have a purpose originally? And do you think it may hurt the strength of that part of the wall? Because I have tried to lay down on that couch and found it to be way to narrow for comfortable sleep. Thinking I may have a guest now and then. So am looking forward to your response on this. Thanks Pam.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #33

Registry
Diane, When the fiberglass 'bubble is removed, it leaves the exact same exposed area as you already have at the back of the trailer. So as far as 'structure' it did not appear to be needed for that. What it is intended for is to properly support the bunk. I didn't want to keep the bunk, but did want the bunk cushion (to use down on the bench area. So I removed the bunk and the support fiberglass. I had to loosen up the trim around the window to get the fiberglass flange out, but for the most part it was just tugging and prying to break it free. I then unzipped the cover from the bunk and removed the wood support, which left me with a full-width seat foam and cover. That is what I now use on my front couch. I did have to re-shape the curves of the foam slightly, to properly fit onto the couch area but I didn't adjust the cover. I can post some old photos of the project to remove the bunk, and the difference it made in the couch width. It's quite a bit of extra room
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #34

Registry
Here is the photo history showing the bunk 'before' and 'after' removal. The last photo shows the original bench seat cushion placed on top of the bunk cushion. You can see how much wider the front bench winds up being. My goal was to make that front bench usable and comfortable as a couch for lounging on during the day, as well as a night time sleeping area. In order to accomplish both, I decided to just take the bunk out altogether and use the bunk's full width cushion for my couch area.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4474.jpg   IMG_4475.jpg  

IMG_4476.jpg   IMG_4477.jpg  

IMG_4478.jpg   IMG_4479.jpg  

IMG_4481.jpg  
Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #35

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Diane, When the fiberglass 'bubble is removed, it leaves the exact same exposed area as you already have at the back of the trailer. So as far as 'structure' it did not appear to be needed for that. What it is intended for is to properly support the bunk. I didn't want to keep the bunk, but did want the bunk cushion (to use down on the bench area. So I removed the bunk and the support fiberglass. I had to loosen up the trim around the window to get the fiberglass flange out, but for the most part it was just tugging and prying to break it free. I then unzipped the cover from the bunk and removed the wood support, which left me with a full-width seat foam and cover. That is what I now use on my front couch. I did have to re-shape the curves of the foam slightly, to properly fit onto the couch area but I didn't adjust the cover. I can post some old photos of the project to remove the bunk, and the difference it made in the couch width. It's quite a bit of extra room
Oh Pam! What a difference that made. Thank you so much for responding.
I have been wondering about that bubble thing. I camp alone also and on rainy days have thought it would be nice to spread out on the inside of the trailer with books and such. So seeing what you have done with yours is truly an inviting space. Thanks Pam.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #36

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
Did you ever consider to use some clear epoxy and glue a metal base to the middle of the glass, it would still be removable and have a clean look.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #37

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Such creative touches! I love it!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #38

Registry
James, I had considered that, but didn't want to 'see' the mounting system (glue, etc) through the glass top. Since I wanted to 'Glamp' but still keep it fairly simple, I bought a small premade table round (simple, cheap) and painted it with paint I already had (simple, cheap) and then bought a round glass table top (simple, not cheap). I like the 'pop' of yellow, and I feel that from a design point of view, the wood tabletop gives it more visual substance. There was a method to my madness... bwahahahaha

BUT It it sounds like I have your creative juices flowing now! This tabletop (in all glass like you describe) could look really great in a small front dinette area too....
Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #39

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
I'm just a typical man, I like a more "industrial" look
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #40

Registry
You know, James, I have several designer GF's that think exactly like you. Nothing wrong with an industrial look at all. But I knew that having a 'clear view' to the epoxy attachment point would bugg me and I didn't want to figure out how to hide it. (my kiss principle at work)

Tags
uhaul