UHaul Glamper ! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
UHaul Glamper !

I did a little upgrading of fabrics and dining table and I LOVE it! Since I camp alone, I sleep on the front couch of my trailer, and keep this little glass beauty ready and set up for my first morning cup of coffee.
Attached Thumbnails
P1040907 (Large).JPG  
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
THAT's so you Pam! I remember the story about the glass top table. Isn't making a trailer unique for you fun! Good for you... now enjoy it!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #3

Trailer: Play Pac
I love it! What's the story about the glass table? I use glass tables in my campers also. I want to see that curtain fabric!
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #4

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Fabulous!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:00 PM   #5

Registry
Here's the curtain fabric and it is really cool. Its called 'I Love Paris' by Timeless Treasures.
Attached Thumbnails
Paris.jpg  
Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Of course I love it! So cute! Great job....... Glamp on...................
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #7

Registry
Camilla, The table is a 12" wood round, painted bright yellow and installed on a pedestal base. I bought a 20" glass round from Pier 1 for the top of it. There are 3 little rubber bumpers stuck on top of the table to keep the glass from moving, and gives me space to put postcards or photos under the glass. The table is really sturdy and a comfortable size for two to eat at. Course there's no room beyond the plates, glasses, and wine bottle, but what else would one need? I put the glass top on my cushion for travel with a blanket on top.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Uh, we have flowers, a table runner that matches our colors on which I place a pitcher that matches (We have only twice put this out. Unfortunately, our front table is usually cluttered with our stuff.) too. And, I made a chandelier out of beads and a trouble light for our screenhouse that coordinates too. Gets a few comments but it works. We run lights (orange of course) down the guidewires of our screenhouse that coordinates with our camper (Everything is blue and orange. We are not IL fans, just have the blue in case we ever get our blue VW pickup running.); they are for safety but kind of draw attention too when camping. We put a Uhaul neon sign in the front window. Kinda looks like we are advertising to rent our Uhaul when we get everything set up. In fact, we have been told that.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #9

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Oooo la la!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 04:38 AM   #10

Name: Laura
Trailer: Teardrop American Outbacker
Utah
How do you keep all that stuff from vibrating off the table and shelves when you haul? Do you set it up at every campsite?
Old 05-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramoncur View Post
How do you keep all that stuff from vibrating off the table and shelves when you haul? Do you set it up at every campsite?
I pack it when I haul. The 'cubby unit' on the back seat acts as my storage unit. I flip it up on its back and tuck my 'schtuff' into it for travel. It really doesn't take much time. When camping, the cubbies hold my 'clutter'. They have little baskets in them that work great for holding miscellaneous items, but still keeping things within reach. Since I'm the only one camping in the trailer, there is ample room in the closet for all my clothes. Just out of the picture on the seat next to my closet is a plastic 3 drawer unit that holds all my 'pantry' items (canned goods, chips, bread).
I could'nt do all this if I was on a long trip where I was packing every other night, but for weekend jaunts, its fine.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #12

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow
I did a little upgrading of fabrics and dining table and I LOVE it! Since I camp alone, I sleep on the front couch of my trailer, and keep this little glass beauty ready and set up for my first morning cup of coffee.
Oh Pam, that is too cute. I really hope we can see your Cool UHaul in person sometime. The gay Paree fabric is great.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #13

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow
Oh can you send a pic of your ceiling...looks like you did the bamboo trick someone else did recently.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #14

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Pam I love it!!!! just dont think I would have the patience to pack it all. Although I did buy some nice breakable glampe style martini and wine glasses yesterday.... still not sure where I am going to pack them though.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #15

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Although I did buy some nice breakable glampe style martini and wine glasses yesterday.... still not sure where I am going to pack them though.

Carol, is your inner glamper coming out! By the time your glamping trip comes around, your gonna have your glamp on!!!! Woot Woot!

I actually found plastic martini glasses, though I am not a plastic type person I thought after a few martini's, plastic is probably a better option for me!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #16

Registry
Carol, I use my washcloths, towels and rags to pack breakables, since I need them when I get to the campground, I'm not hauling extra stuff (except the glassware hehehe). Most hard core c-a-m-p-e-r-s won't understand the pleasure of having the extras along for the ride. But they make me feel good when I'm in the trailer, especially if its a cold rainy day.
Jane, I didn't use bamboo, I used a grasscloth shade (two) that I cut to fit and then glued to the ceiling over some of the bubble insulation, and then hot glued on some trim. Its a scissors and glue project I forget what I used to attach the bubble wrap to the ceilng, though. It was some sort of industrial calk adhesive.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:25 AM   #17

Registry
.......and an outside picture
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-20120519-00578 (Large) (2).jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #18

Fancy!!!! Let's see the ceiling pics!
Old 05-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #19

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
ADORABLE!! Love the gravel shield awing you made! Have you done anything special with the front bunks area?
Old 05-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #20

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
You are my glamping hero.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul