Update on Scamp13 and Forester maiden Voyage - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Well we are now in Clovis NM

after visiting Palo Duro TX, Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge OK, Queen Wilhelmina, Lake Catherine, Buffalo River Hot Springs and Muontain View Arkansas. Holly Springs and Clarksdale MS, Nashville and Mammoth Cave in Tennessee - first stop was Bardstown KY

anyway after all those miles in the Scamp13 (no bath or AC) , it has taken step hills 3 rainstorms and 60 MPH headwinds in NM... I'd say that Forester with AT and tranny cooler has done pretty well - average MPG is about 19

Of course we have not done the Rockies or Sierras yet but after wewe get to Oregon , I'll update this post

and I also am attaching a picture from the top of the Oauchita Mtns at western edge of Arkansas - IF you haven't been there the views are stellar to say the least

Peace
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1830.JPG  
bcomnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Red face

Happy to hear you are enjoying your trip. Here are some old posts concerning NM and AZ plus: ** Southern NM to ShowLow AZ ** *City of Rocks*

Northern New Mexico Campgrounds ** New Mexico Public Camping ** White Sands Nat'l Monument - Alamogordo

San Juans' Attractions - Campgrounds ** Santa Fe's Attractions ** New Mexico Campgrounds & Attractions ** Albuquerque

Reviews Campgrounds near Tierra Amarilla-Chama ** Traveling NM & AZ ** Aguirre Spring BLM Campground -LasCruces

Twin Lakes State Park - Independance Pass - Aspen & Leadville Colorado ** Above Colorado Springs

AZ & NM - Out of the Way Places *** Flagstaff - Gallup - Grants- to Santa Fe

Maybe something in them will help out.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Those places sound familiar! We used to live in Clovis, NM and lived in Oklahoma a couple of years ago and camped at a few of the places you mentioned. Glad your touring is working out well. I enjoyed towing my pop-up with my Subaru Outback, but my Scamp 16 SD with lots of options is much heavier than your Scamp 13 basic so I doubt if I'll ever get to tow the Scamp with my Subaru (unless I move the battery somewhere else and take one of the propane bottles off to lower the tongue weight).

Good luck with your new Scamp!

John
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote