US 13/48/46/7/31 North/south in TN? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
US 13/48/46/7/31 North/south in TN?

Hello! I know we have a few "Voluntnteers" in our Group so was wondering how these Highways running North/South through your great state are? Looks like it's the same highway but changes numbers roughly 5 times so I just copied the major ones. Part US Hwy Part State Hwy I think. Anyway here it is:

Headed South out of Clarksville, TN (or reverse the numbers if headed North out of Alabama) Highways 13/48/46/7/31.

This is my entire route if anybody has any comments/warnings/tips etc.

From Melbourne, FL I-95 N to Jacksonville

Pick up US 1/23 to Waycross, GA

US 82 East (I took this road to TX last summer and loved it) to I-65 N all the way to the AL/TN border

Highways 31/7/46/48/13 all the way through TN to Clarksville.

I get to miss Atlanta, Nashville, Chatanooga, Knoxville etc. Should be a nice relaxed trip which is good since Hubby will be with me and he is always nervous at a cat on a hot tin roof our first few trips.

We are overnighting at the new KOA in Clanton, AL. There is a Shoneys at the CG exit so there is our B'fast Buffet, LOL. We miss Shoneys since they left FL.

7 days till we leave, can't wait!!

Maybe we should start a new thread for "Christmas Camping Trips" to see where e'body is going like we did for T'giving.

Melissa
Old 12-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We enjoyed Hwy 13 in Oct. It is good surface, but has twists and turns. It is not fast but pleasant. We picked it up in Erin and took it south to the border.

If you can fit it in the space museum in Huntsville was great. I was sad that my son in his 40's was not a kid with us. In Huntsville we stayed at Monte Sano State Park. Don't know if they are open year round but it is a nice park with nice showers.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Thanks Nancy for the heads up on the twists and turns on that highway. I'll need to be sure and have the kids loaded with Dramamine as they get motion sickness going in a straight line in Flat Florida, LOL. Are there a lot of hills (mountains?) in that region?
Old 12-16-2011, 09:16 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
It gently twists and curves. There are gentle hills. No mountains.

Just not interstate speeds. Not any rest areas either. It was hot and we could not find a shady place to stop to eat a bite. Pretty rural.

Have a safe drive.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
How interesting that you're coming north while we're coming south over the winter holidays. We're leaving on Dec. 28 and staying at the Manchester, TN KOA, then at the North Ocala RV Park. Finally we'll get to Naples KOA for 3 nights over the New Year. Then, back up to St. Augustine at Anastasia St. Park for 2 nights, and back up to TN and Chicago. Nine days away from home and we need the break! Driving relaxes me, so I don't mind the long hauls. My wife, CindyL, does school work and conference planning while I drive, so we both enjoy it.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote