WA Camping with Electric? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-11-2006, 10:57 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Need Electric Campsites near Seattle:

Does anyone know of any reasonably inexpensive camping areas near Seattle?
It MUST have Electric hookup. Talking BiPAP & CPAP here. Have Golden Access Passports.

Do WA State Parks have hookups?

Sister will be joining us, with 35 footer, from No. CA. Her Grandson is in Coast Guard, stationed in Seattle, it needs to be kind of close to there, so he & his family can join us! He'll be shipping out to Iraq in Sept. Thanks!
Elsie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 AM   #2

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
Elsie.. here is a site off all the washington state parks.... http://www.parks.wa.gov/alpha.asp I am not sure where all the locations are.... Saltwater is up near Seattle, but maybe not close enough for what your looking for .. but take a gander and see whats nearest for you....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:11 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
While not really in or near Seattle, south of Tacoma just a hair south of Oly is American Heritage Campground. This facility used to be in the KOEH chain till a couple years ago. Same GREAT spot but no longer under the banner ($$) of KOA.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #4

Doug.. I have never heard of American Hertiage Campground, but looked it up.. looks to be very nice... I see Full hookups are $28 . Not sure the location tho.. it says 10 miles S of Olympia...... I am just south of that.. will have to take a ride and check it out....
Old 03-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #5

Registry
Northbound it is located on the right side of the freeway. The off ramp connects onto a road (the name escapes me now) and you'll need to take another right (headed back south) to get there. IF you take a left instead of a right, I think you end up at a KOA! Heritage IS an excellent family campground, peddle bikes (for young and NOT so young) hay rides, movie nights (I think the popcorn used to be free) etc!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #6

Ok I checked out American Heritage Park.. Take exit 99 ( N bound) take a right (S.bound ) exit left off freeway... go left over the freeway.. and go past the Ace Hardware..the next right is Kimmie Rd... the park is at the very end of the rd..
It seemed like a nice park.. its quite this time of yr.... I stopped and talked to the lady that runs it...

(I prefer Millersylvania tho just down the road south of there at the Maytown exit.... )
Old 03-14-2006, 09:55 PM   #7

Registry
The "manageress" seemed to be VERY open to having some "Car People" there for a weekend event in the future to, so we will be back there again.

Yeah, Kimmie Rd. thats the name.... no wonder this Old Fart couldn't remember it.
I vaguely remember seeing Miller"whatever" somewhere, but again, can't remember where....LOL!!!