water pump switch - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-18-2009, 03:32 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Folks, since I don't have a manual and I can't get in touch with my manufacturer right now....and it's hard to search this one.....my first time using the water pump has me confused. I flick it on, then turn faucet on and water comes out great with pressure....only thing is...the pump motor is constantly running. Shouldn't that turn itself off when max pressure is obtained and shouldn't I be able to use the faucet for a while without the noisy pump running? I just filled the tank for the first time on my new Trillium. Does that have anything to do with the pump not turning off?

Thanks, Lloyd
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500

Lloyd, make sure you bleed all the water lines, so that there is no air left in them, afterwards with the taps shut off the pump should stop once it reaches full pressure. The lines are the only thing in the trailers to hold the pressurized water, there is no "cushion tank" so you will find the pump will come on fairly soon after turning on the tap.

Joe

Shouldn't that turn itself off when max pressure is obtained and shouldn't I be able to use the faucet for a while without the noisy pump running? I just filled the tank for the first time on my new Trillium. Does that have anything to do with the pump not turning off?

Thanks, Lloyd
[/quote]
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Pump has to run to move the water UNLESS you install an after-market accumulator tank -- Know anybody with a well system at home? You might have noticed a large galvanized or blue tank sitting by the well -- That's the accumulator tank for the home system -- RV tank is much smaller.

Here's an example from $Camping World$

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/...lator-tank/2290
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:27 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot Rear Queen 25 ft
LLoyd, I'd only add to make sure all other faucets are all the way off.

Mike
Time K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #5

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Folks, since I don't have a manual and [b]I can't get in touch with my manufacturer right now...
Joe has good advise. It might be trying to pump air. Even without an accumulation tank, it should shut off. Check if there is a pressure setting on the pump.

[b]If bleeding the lines don't work, since your Trillium is a brand new 2009 model, I would make a warranty claim.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Loyd I know you said you filled the water tank but if the water has fallen below the pickup tube
inside the fresh water tank. The water pump will continue to run trying to pressurize the system.

In the picture you can see that the pickup point in my water tank does not sit at the bottom of tank. When the water falls below this point the water pump cannot get any water. Thus it will continue to run.

Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails
Fresh_Water_Tank_Inside_Shot_2.jpg  
Kent is offline   Reply With Quote