We've Been Had! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I will continue to work to rebuild the website. Thank You for your patience.

Edited Nov. 16, 2005:
For more on what has happened to our website, go to the topic called I am sorry for the loss in our Forum Information You Should Know area.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Mike,
Apparently something akin to "the truck has run into a tree" has happened. We'll pray that your rebuilding efforts are successful without too much difficulty.
Your diligence is appreciated more than you can possibly comprehend---thank you for devoting your expertise to keeping this ship afloat.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:37 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Michael Sanders,

Thank you.

Gary Lynch
Creston, CA
Gary Lynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 10:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I echo what Kurt says.

Thank you so much for all you do!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:55 AM   #5

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
I'm online brousing the forum and everything's normal, and my dog Ben comes over to get a pat on the head so I pat him on the head. I turn back to the screen and what do I see but -- 0's -- and missing stuff! I went from a pat on the head to a smack in the head.

Wish we could smack 'em back.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:25 AM   #6

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
<span style="font-family:Courier">Just testing, to see if I can do this... </span>
Attached Thumbnails
Krudcutter.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:30 AM   #7

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Myron,
I didn't know that Krud Kutter could fix a broken light....
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 10:58 AM   #8

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Myron,

You not only have a beautiful pup, it is obviously very smart----figuring out how to fix that light!

Diane
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 17 ft Boler and 17 ft Bigfoot
Mike, first of all let me say how sorry I am about the damage to this site. This is probably the best site there is for FGRV owners and although I don't post much, I do read the forums every day.

I had just posted a For Sale message when the site went down and I am wondering if it is appropriate for me to repost the message at this time and under this forum. I will wait to hear from you before doing anything further and my donation will be in the mail on Monday. Good luck and keep the information coming.

Thank you.

Gordon B
Gordon Bjorkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 01:22 PM   #10

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
if they are caught, surely what they did was a prison sentence. We will let Bubba take care of them.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I would strongly suggest that no one put anything on these "current" forums that you don't have backed up...if it's really important to YOU. We don't know what the future may bring. If "they" did it once, they can do it again.....but, Michael is working on fixing that!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
One easy way to keep a backup of a post, in a form which could easily be re-posted later, is to just select all of the text in the composing window (where you type), copy it (e.g. Control-C on a PC), and paste it into a text file in a convenient folder on your own computer. If you responding to another post, and hit Preview before doing the copy, the quoted material (with the appropriate codes) will be in the composing window.

Uploaded images are not saved by this method, but I assume that people don't delete their copy of an image when they post it to the forum - it may be worth copying the name of the file into the saved post text, to make finding it easier for later re-posting.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 07:24 PM   #13
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Bjorkman@Nov 12 2005, 01:15 PM
Mike, first of all let me say how sorry I am about the damage to this site. This is probably the best site there is for FGRV owners and although I don't post much, I do read the forums every day.

I had just posted a For Sale message when the site went down and I am wondering if it is appropriate for me to repost the message at this time and under this forum. I will wait to hear from you before doing anything further and my donation will be in the mail on Monday. Good luck and keep the information coming.

Thank you.

Gordon B
Go ahead and re-post your Ad, Gordon. Thanks for your patience with all of this...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #14

Trailer: 73 13 ft Hunter Compact II
I am really sorry the information was hacked. So much good reference material gone.

I am getting ready to restart my Framless restoration after almost a year of life challenges and was trying to review my previous posts.

I did not save the information digitally but hav a written record of my progress.

I am wondering if it would be helpful or of intrest to repost my progress to date.

I echo all the others in giving Michaels my thanks for his wonderful efforts on this forum.

Thank you
Darrel
Darrel Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #15
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Yes, Darrel. We are hoping people will want to repost their projects and modifications. Thank you for offering to do so.

There's no urgency to it; just whenever you have the time...

Mike Sanders is in the process of changing a few things. What gets posted (re-posted) ahead of the changes will be moved to the new setup, but, as I said, it's okay if you want to wait. (Your choice.)

Thanks again for helping us rebuild what we have lost.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 11:15 AM   #16

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Mike,
How are the finances doing? Adequate or need more, keep us posted. There is no need for you to stretch your bucks, burning the midnight oil is enough of a load and we will help with the dollars if what has been sent is insufficient.
We truly appreciate your efforts,
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #17

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Oh, Michael, what a hateful thing for someone to do. We have been without 'net access. I've suffered FGRV withdrawals ... but had no idea this horrendous thing had happened.

Thank you sooooooooo much for your rebuilding efforts - will try to get some $$$ to you soon. Take others advice & give yourself permission for a break once in a while - you have & are doing SUCH a terrific job for all of us here on this forum.
Take care - L 'n D
Old 11-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #18

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
I am making many changes to this website. We will be seeing new software, reconverting the old board and merging it with this one, some high level security programming, fully off site automated back ups and server upgrades.

Obviously because these are major changes, I will be prioritizing and doing them one at a time and making sure each step is backed up.

Some of the tasks require I hire some programmers from Cal Poly University that work with these security issues on a regular basis. They are system administrators for their servers and have many insights we need here. Who’d a thought this site would be a target.

I will keep y’all in the loop when we begin re-booting and having minor upgrade outages.

Thanks for asking.

And thank you for posting your information and photos.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote