Weather in your RV - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #1

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Weather in your RV

I'm a weather nut, (The Weather Channel is MTV for person's older than 50!!) and I have several indoor/outdoor units to measure temperature/humidity outside and inside and in my storage areas. I also have one of these units. The neat thing is that as your travel you can update to the local Accuweather in your new location. It has over 300 City/locales available, wirelessly sent to your RV. Here is a link
WeatherFX
Attached Thumbnails
product_detail.jpg  
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: cpaharley2008... And the secret location of availability is??? Also what's the price of this little darlin' for the weather techy in "Our Escape Hatch"?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 AM   #3

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft Hybrid
Registry
I bought one of these a couple of years ago. Never has worked. Guess I am to far from any of the cities that are programed in. I also am adjacent to a cell phone/Broadband "Bkack Hole". Guess it will go to the RoadHippo for when I am traveling. Glad to hear that someone has had good luck with the unit.
HerseyBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I have had mine for 3 years, one in the rv and one in the house. As you travel you scroll down the various locations listed within the unit that is closest to you. Now realize some may not be close and there is possibility you have no reception. It automatically locates and receives the closest Accuweather transmitter in your area. In Pennsylvania there are
7 locales for the state, in South Dakota there is one. You can also pick the location you are traveling to and it will give you the 5 day forecast. The background also changes color depending on the weather, blue if it's below freezing, orange if it's above 100 degrees, green if it' s 70's. I find if I have cell phone reception the weather reception will work.
They come in 3/5/7 day variations- here is one link describing it and the various locationsAmbient Devices Bushnell 95-0007 WeatherFX 7-Day Forecaster
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Small Rig Weather System

Our little Scamp is weather instrument limited. Anything that can be dual function or smaller is something we try to eliminate. We have a small, electronic thermometer that reads inside temperature, outside temperature and refrigerator temperature.

My cell phone presently has 23 locations that provides an 8 day forecast, daily up to the minute conditions, and weather alerts. I choose the locations and the number of locations is virtually unlimited; I can pick any zip code or city for weather display.

Since it works off Verizon cell service, it's available everywhere and updates everytime I select it.

Right now, it's 74F @ 10:33AM in Wauchula winds 6mph from the NW, gusts to 10mph. Projected high of 79F and low of 54F.

Great weather in Wauchula today, it's 33F at our Hampton home right now. 52F in Pheonix and 37F in Chicago.......

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #6

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Call me old school but I prefer a weather radio. Advantages are that it works nearly everywhere and it can be had for less than $15 at Amazon. The weather reports are good and the robot voice sounds exactly like Stephen Hawking.
Attached Images

Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #7

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
My camper is my weather station. When my camper is wet it is raining, when it is warm to the touch it is warm out. When it is hot and had a glare the sun is shinning. When it is covered in snow it is snowing out. When it is blowing all over the road it is windy. I never have to update it and it is always pretty accurate.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:02 PM   #8

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Terry, Over Rving years we'v had a weather radio but I like the phone better because it's one less thing to carry, one less charger and so on. We''ve not had a spot where it doesn't work and it can provide down the road info as well as weather maps if you choose. Our phone has eliminated lots of things like our Garmin we used for geocaching...part of the simplification process.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #9

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
It is nice to know what to expect before heading out of, or out with, the trailer for the day. It's good to be prepared if a storm is heading in later.

This topic reminds me of the local tv weatherman we had a few decades ago. He always concluded his forecast with, "And that's the weather, whether or not." We can't change it, but it is good to have some idea how to dress and stuff for it.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote