Website Question about Fiberglass-RV-4Sale - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Website Question about Fiberglass-RV-4Sale

Molded Fiberglass Trailers | Fiberglass RV's For Sale
I've noticed that the RV istings on this website are invariably offered by a seller by the name of RV4fun. Are they controlling this website or something? There use to be other seller names, but now, they're nearly all RV4fun. It seems like a monopoly on Eggs for sale!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
I've noticed that the RV istings on this website are invariably offered by a seller by the name of RV4fun. Are they controlling this website or something? There use to be other seller names, but now, they're nearly all RV4fun. It seems like a monopoly on Eggs for sale!
I think they own the site but anyone can sell/list there for free. Joining is free and very easy.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Yes, I think Jim's right----that is probably the owner of the site (who is a member here on this forum), and he created the listings you are seeing, but he's not the seller.
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
If you have any questions about Fiberglass-rv-4sale... you should probably ask Greg directly rather than us. He's approachable and would welcome a PM.

Greg's profile
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #5

Registry
It's more an observation, since normally 'for sales' are posted by the person selling them, and I notice that over time, all the posts seem to be coming through one person. I guess that 'monopoly' can mean something underhanded (didn't meant it that way Greg!), but I meant it more as 'only one route' to post for sales. Boy, as much in demand as these little FG trailers are, Greg, if you are selling all of them, you are a rich man!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 PM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Cool

Quote:
There use to be other seller names, but now, they're nearly all RV4fun.
A possibility: They could be referrals pulled from other sources. Many sites re-post ads that may have originated in a different medium. I once helped a member here who is in Northeastern Canada purchase an item from a seller in my area of Southern California. When I told the seller the whole story about the transaction he was flabbergasted that the ultimate buyer was so far away. He didn't spend time on his computer, and had telephoned his ad to a local print publication and assumed that only local people would see it.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #7

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Hi to all my FGRV friends!

Special Hi to Frederick and Donna.....

Sorry, I've been a bit missing the last year. My father went in last April for a dual heart valve replacement. After 6+ months of rehab and never seeing home again he passed away last fall. My Mom has Alzheimers and Dad was her primary caregiver so we had to get her into a memory care facility and sell their home and belongings in a non-existent market in AZ. We are finally coming up for air and recovering enough to start camping again this summer as we have always done with a furor. Of Course, we did still make the Quartzite gathering this year and saw lots of you there!

Nothing underhanded with our website fiberglass-rv-4sale.com, we're just hobbyists that love egg trailers like the rest of ya'll and saw a need two years ago for a central clearing house for these lil gems to be bought and sold. RV4fun is my better half and is the administrator of the site. We have researchers that find many of the trailers, myself included as I love to dig em out of the web. Many sellers post their own trailers there, it's easy or they ask us if we'll help them and do it for them which we're happy to do.

One of our missions two years ago was to attack the Spammers. They have always been prolific in Fiberglass Trailers for sale on Craigslist, and with our Spam Alerts that spawned a grass roots group that post alerts on their local craigslist, this is the first summer that so far we've been relatively free of the nationwide Spam Trailers for sale that were coming out of Eastern Europe.

Anyway, hope that helps to answer your questions and am always happy to help. Hope to see everyone out in the campgrounds this summer....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #8

Name: Sheryl
Trailer: '99 Casita 17'LD
Montana
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Sorry, I've been a bit missing the last year. My father went in last April for a dual heart valve replacement. After 6+ months of rehab and never seeing home again he passed away last fall. My Mom has Alzheimers and Dad was her primary caregiver so we had to get her into a memory care facility and sell their home and belongings in a non-existent market in AZ. We are finally coming up for air and recovering enough to start camping again this summer as we have always done with a furor. Of Course, we did still make the Quartzite gathering this year and saw lots of you there!
Greg A, sorry about your year--very similar to ours a few back. Mom needed care, Dad has Alzheimers so we had to move them into a facility and sell their home and belongings in Quartzsite. Took two years and many price reductions to sell (plus many trips from Montana). Mom passed away but Dad is still in the same facility and actually doing quite well at 92! Year from h---, but it does get better
Sheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #9

Registry
Greg, My condolences, so sorry to hear about your year. I hope that things are improving for you. With all the trailers runing through the site, what's the most unique FG trailer you've had listed?
Old 06-11-2011, 08:56 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Greg, Sorry for your Loss. And thoughts and prayers for being a advocate for your DM care. It's a tough road.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:40 AM   #11

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Thanks all for the kind words and prayers.
Hi Robin G, great to see you're still hanging out. How is your DH doing?

Sheryl, sorry to hear you have been on a similar path. I'm sure we could swap some interesting stories in the campground sometime.

Thoughts and prayers to all who are dealing with Elder care and/or Alzheimers Dementia. We have learned so much about all of it in the last year and it is something no one can ever be prepared for.

As soon as we get back on our Camping schedule all will be right with the world.

Pam, all the molded fiberglass trailers are unique. Some are just more uniquer than others. There have been numerous interesting trailers listed over the years. If you keep an eye you'll see some knee slappers about every week.
I think one example which was recently listed again was the one that the fella made a "slide out" for the bed in the rear.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Of course I am still around , certainly not as often but you understand. Dh isn't doing so good. but thanks for asking. Hoping they will eventually get his meds stable, but who knows with this disease. Alzheimer's is a hateful disease and unfortunately growing by leaps and bounds, especially in the EOAD area. Sad that they don't have a grasp on it. But it is, what it is, we just have to make the best of it.

OK for as the unique fiber glass trailers, I remember the slide out one. It's been for sale before if I remember correctly. Or is this a different one?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote