Well,I did it again - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-31-2007, 06:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Well,

I am driving back from Arizona where I adopted the Lawrence' Fiberstream!

I have been looking for something a little larger and with Bathroom facilities since last summer when I made a deal for a Scamp 5'er that fell through.

I got in touch with John Lawrence as soon as I saw his 82 listed and we have just finished a deal.
Well three days ago anyway.

They were kind annd helpful above and beyond ,unless you are a member here where this does not surprise me.

They drove up from Mexico,got the Fiberstream from storage and were set-up and waiting when I arrived on Tuesday.

I stayed at the Catalina Mountain State Park in the Coronado National Forest in Tucson for three nights and had a great time getting to know the rig and letting it get to know me.

The Rangers were all curious as where the other "Campers". It looked like one of their rigs Slide-Out's fell off in my spot.

The park is beautiful and the trailer is even more so.
I am amazed at how much larger it feels than most of the other trailers I have been in.

I am driving home now and stopped for the night so I just had to post this news!
I am excited and eager to start making it "Mine"

Thanks also to Fred for the conversation regarding the Fiberstream,it really helped me decide to go for it.

Anyone looking for a Trill?

Ed
Attached Thumbnails
Fiberstream2.JPG  
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:54 PM   #2

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Send a message via AIM to Robert Brummett Send a message via MSN to Robert Brummett Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Brummett
Congratulations! It looks like a beauty. Please post some indoor shots when you get a chance.
Robert Brummett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:13 PM   #3

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
That is a great looking trailer. I really like the front window cover. And your set up picture makes me want summer to get here as soon as posible so we can do some warm weather camping.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:42 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Thanks also to Fred for the conversation regarding the Fiberstream,it really helped me decide to go for it.
I have fallen so much in love with mine, Despite some of the problems I have encountered. Glad I didn't wind up discouraging you.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:33 AM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
There are some interior shots in the For Sale listing below here and of course I will post more as I start working on it.

I really like the front Bubble guard too.It is different than the ones on the Trillium's I am used to but it also has a problem in the exact same spot.
I am not sure yet just how much sun it keeps out but it does look Retro.
The weather in Tucson was great,70 or so in the day to 30 at night and not a cloud in the sky most of the time.

Fred,I certainly see most of the points that we spoke about now that I have had it a few daqys but none of them are a deal breaker at all for me.

The frame can be reinforced I am sure and the floor already has been doubled up and feels mostly solid.

The towing feel is much better than you described but I have not reached Missouri yet either so time will tell.
It pulls smooth but I can see it "Wagging" some while on the highway.It does not transmit to the Truck though.
I have been behind people who "Wagged" and wondered how they can go on like that but now I realize they may not even know it is doing it?

The interior seems totally different than yours or I didn't really grasp what you told me?
In the main area the inside walls are made of Luan that is somehow attached to blocks that are glued to the shell.That is all I could determine from a superficial inspection at the campground. I didn't want to dissect it more until I got it home.

I need to get back on the road but will have a lot more to share later.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
The interior seems totally different than yours or I didn't really grasp what you told me?
Mine is the only Fiber Stream that I know of which really doesn't have an interior; or rather, something (other than paint) applied to the inside surface of the shell. This makes me believe that mine was one of the 1st ones made... yet I think I read that someone reported here that theirs is a 1977, one year older than mine.

Mine was a leaky mess when I first aquired it. In retrospect, I am thankful that I didn't have a (damaged) interior to remove. I don't really notice much difference in liveability and any condensation we get is minimal.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:02 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You need therapy!!! You need to stop!!! Here your sign

Slide-out just fell off...got any pics? Reminds me of the RV movie when Williams had to leave at 5am to away from the other campers. The slide out was out but the camper wouldn't move with it like that. Then the awning..... I know its just a movie, but...

Oh, you didn't have the same scene as Williams with the dumping of the sew..., did yah?
Mike jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Yo Ed, congrats on your Fiber Stream!! These are great rigs. You probably better turn around and head for The Gathering in Oregon...We need you there,as Fred and Robert can't make it this year. They will be missed.
Anyhoo, have a great time with your Stream, we love ours. Happy Trails!
Via Con Dios
Randy and Renee
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote