We're Leaving the Molded Fiberglass World - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2022, 06:05 PM   #61

Name: Ray
Trailer: scamp
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowpat View Post
Goodness, incidents have become more luxurious as time goes by. My experience was sleeping on the ground in a tent, unless I got a cushier job at the airport, where a motel room was available. Meals were sack lunches or catered in camp, or...MREs. Everywhere is different though.

I'd keep it simple. That means maybe a backpacking stove and collapsible dish pan. A battery powered fan, lawn chair and small quickly collapsible table would suffice, if you want to be outside to do stuff. All this is widely available and easy to throw in and get out quickly and by other folks if you are somewhere else. (Speaking as one who was out digging fireline while hearing that our camp, with my supply of CLEAN socks was being evacuated.) I'd keep it simple if you are concerned about evacuating an area quickly. Very simple. But, that's just me, and I do understand about making things comfortable in such situations. You have to weigh comfort vs conveniance and come up with what is going to work. For me, that would be stuff that can be thrown in the back of a truck with trailer hitched up.

OH I have done the tent and ground thing too. Mostly they put you in a shelter. There also is the option of the couch at the fire station. It was almost always donated when it was too lumpy. And it only got lumpier. The first trip I made down for Katrina recovery we didn't even have tents. We had sleeping bags on the ground with tarps between vehicles. I remember how thankful we were to get to strip bare ass in a parking lot and do a shower in the middle of a parking lot with a garden hose. One of the reasons I got the camper is that I got tired of that kind of housing.

I usually do some of the group cooking at times. One of the reasons for this.
computerspook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 08:29 PM   #62

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
All of this stuff about outside kitchens should be in its own thread.

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 08:25 AM   #63

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lynn View Post
All of this stuff about outside kitchens should be in its own thread.
I was thinking you should ask for this thread to be locked up, since you're no longer leaving the molded fiberglass world.

Food for thought,

Perry

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:34 AM   #64

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
I was thinking you should ask for this thread to be locked up, since you're no longer leaving the molded fiberglass world.

Food for thought,

Perry
That, too.

Old 02-08-2022, 10:25 AM   #65

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
I left the molded fiberglass world in 2019, but I'm still interested in them. So much of the conversation is about things other than the molded aspect of these trailers, such as electrical, suspension, towing, tires, brakes solar, etc. All subjects related to any construction method. And the considerations discussed as to why someone leaves, doesn't leave, or changes their mind and why, are all worth looking at. Post comments tend to wander around quite a bit. Fine. That's what makes it interesting.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:09 PM   #66

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
I left the molded fiberglass world in 2019, but I'm still interested in them. So much of the conversation is about things other than the molded aspect of these trailers, such as electrical, suspension, towing, tires, brakes solar, etc. All subjects related to any construction method. And the considerations discussed as to why someone leaves, doesn't leave, or changes their mind and why, are all worth looking at. Post comments tend to wander around quite a bit. Fine. That's what makes it interesting.
Oh, I know, and don't really care, but this one got quite fully hijacked into another (unrelated) direction.

Old 02-08-2022, 03:19 PM   #67

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Click the triangle thingy and a mod will lock it for you.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #68

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Friz View Post
Only complaint I have is the wheels sticking out. I see posts and small trees taken down on turns. Same problem with teardrop trailers. Otherwise really neat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcyGetsIt View Post
Only complaint I have is the wheels sticking out. I see posts and small trees taken down on turns. Same problem with teardrop trailers. Otherwise really neat.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin