What a trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2022, 09:55 PM   #1

Name: Gerald
Trailer: Ulta 5th Wheel
AZ
What a trip

What a trip that we had, hit 17 states in 17 days visited Graceland, Niagara Falls, Pro Football HOF, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, Notre Dame University, Deadwood, Crazy Horse Memorial, Custer Park Wildlife Loop, Mt. Rushmore National Monument, tried to visit Yellowstone National Park (we were only able to participate in part of the evacuation), Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas (saw Rich Little). We could have easily made this a much longer trip and we changed up our planned route a little bit but we had an AMAZING time. I had posted a few pics on the previous thread of "Ready, Set, Go" but overall too many pics to post. I have submitted reviews to RV Life or to the actual parks websites of all of our campgrounds. Here is a list of them all and if you want input on them just ask. Oh and when we were at Lake Erie State Park there was an Oliver and a Casita also parked there.

Abilene State Park - Buffalo Gap, Tx
Tom Sawyer RV Park - West Memphis, Ak
AJ Jolly State Park - In Kentucky, just south of Cincinnati, Oh
Lake Erie State Park - Near Dunkirk, NY
Potato Creek State Park - Near South Bend, In
Tower Campground - Sioux Falls, SD
Fish 'N Fry Campground - Deadwood, SD
Henry's Lake State Park - Island Park, ID (west entrance to Yellowstone)
Silver City RV Park - Carson City, NV
KOA Sam's Town RV Park - Las Vegas, NV.

So glad that we decided to keep our 21 ft, dual axle Ultra Lite Fiberglass 5th Wheel. Just saw an add for a 21 ft escape dual axle 5th wheel which starts at $49,451.
jvhretiredatcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:57 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Sounds like you had a great time! Your enthusiasm is contagious.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 05:58 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Your itinerary sounds like ours when we toured the Maritimes. The French-Canadian border agent asked where we were going, and when I finished, he said rather scornfully, “Do you really think you can do all that?” He was right, of course. We packed in as much as we could, let go of a few things, and had a blast.

What an amazing trip, and I hope the first of many to come!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 07:21 AM   #4

AZ
Thanks it was a blast and boy did we cram a lot in. I do hope that it is the first of many to come. We learned a lot on the trip as far as we brought to much extra stuff like a dog fence and a tripod just to name a couple. Unless we are going to be somewhere for more than a day or two these are unnecessary items. Also learned that our dogs don't really like the campsite water and better to just purchase water for them. Hard not to be enthusiastic after completing such a trip. Yes some of the days were long driving days but in the end well worth the sacrifice to get where we were going.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:14 PM   #5

Name: Tony
Trailer: Boler
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvhretiredatcs View Post
What a trip that we had, hit 17 states in 17 days visited Graceland, Niagara Falls, Pro Football HOF, Lake Erie, Lake Michigan, Notre Dame University, Deadwood, Crazy Horse Memorial, Custer Park Wildlife Loop, Mt. Rushmore National Monument, tried to visit Yellowstone National Park (we were only able to participate in part of the evacuation), Lake Tahoe and Las Vegas (saw Rich Little). We could have easily made this a much longer trip and we changed up our planned route a little bit but we had an AMAZING time. I had posted a few pics on the previous thread of "Ready, Set, Go" but overall too many pics to post. I have submitted reviews to RV Life or to the actual parks websites of all of our campgrounds. Here is a list of them all and if you want input on them just ask. Oh and when we were at Lake Erie State Park there was an Oliver and a Casita also parked there.

Abilene State Park - Buffalo Gap, Tx
Tom Sawyer RV Park - West Memphis, Ak
AJ Jolly State Park - In Kentucky, just south of Cincinnati, Oh
Lake Erie State Park - Near Dunkirk, NY
Potato Creek State Park - Near South Bend, In
Tower Campground - Sioux Falls, SD
Fish 'N Fry Campground - Deadwood, SD
Henry's Lake State Park - Island Park, ID (west entrance to Yellowstone)
Silver City RV Park - Carson City, NV
KOA Sam's Town RV Park - Las Vegas, NV.

So glad that we decided to keep our 21 ft, dual axle Ultra Lite Fiberglass 5th Wheel. Just saw an add for a 21 ft escape dual axle 5th wheel which starts at $49,451.
Lordy it used to take us 2 months to get from Spokane Wa., to S Cal and Arizona. Only used to take us 2 or 3 weeks to get back.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:24 PM   #6

AZ
We had a blast but we were tired when we got home. Now we need another vacation, hence why we are going to San Diego for the holiday weekend plus a couple of days.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:29 PM   #7

Name: Tony
Trailer: Boler
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvhretiredatcs View Post
We had a blast but we were tired when we got home. Now we need another vacation, hence why we are going to San Diego for the holiday weekend plus a couple of days.
WONDERFULL: But I gotta wonder what you had time to see.
2 road hours max on any day and minimum one rest day between.
Old 06-29-2022, 12:36 PM   #8

AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggcentric View Post
WONDERFULL: But I gotta wonder what you had time to see.
2 road hours max on any day and minimum one rest day between.
We were able to go to Graceland in Memphis, Niagara Falls twice where we went on the Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds as well as walked to all of the site seeing spots. No we did not go into Canada even though we brought our passports. We also went to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, drove around Notre Dame University, Deadwood, Mt Rushmore, Custard State Park Wildlife Loop, Crazy Horse Memorial, Lake Tahoe and saw Rich Little in Las Vegas. We were supposed to go to Yellowstone National Park, however the day that we got there was the day that they were evacuating the park due to heavy rains and flooding. We could have easily spent double or even triple the amount of time on this trip but at the same time we saw pretty much everything that we set out to see and loved it!