What Dan and Dawn and this site did for us! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-14-2006, 07:49 PM   #1

Trailer: 82 Scamp 13 ft
In an often cold, fragmented world of strangers, Dan and Dawn of Minneapolis have made things friendlier for us. Two weeks ago a friend told us about small fiberglass traliers (after he found us camping in the back of our Subaru on a state forest road). A week ago we decided to buy one and found this site. We quickly discovered two things: these trailers for sale disappear almost as quickly as they appear, and when they do appear, they're often thousands of miles away. So I asked you folks if people ever did paid consultancy (visitng rv's). Dan responded, and offered to visit a 13' Scamp we'd heard of in Minneapolis. We live in the Shenanadoah Valley of Virginia. He and Dawn not only visited the trailer, they went over it with a fine-tooth comb, wrote us a DETAILED description AND sent over 20 digital photos. And they wouldn't accept a fee.

We called the sellers that night and bought it. We emailed Dan and Dawn to thank them, but we thought it would embarrass them by posting this to say: You guys are the best and if you represent the culture of these little trailers, we want to be a part.

Heartfelt thanks to you, Dan and Dawn, and to this site,

Ann and Bruce Johnson
johnsoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Congratulations on your new trailer. That was great of Dan and Dawn to go check it out for you.

I think you'll find most fiberglass folks pretty outgoing and friendly!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:20 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
I'll echo that most of the folks you'll meet here are helpful and friendly. A few are exceptionally eccentric. But that only sweetens the package.
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Ann and Bruce,
We've conversed with quite a few via this site, and met a number of others at rallies, and found a wonderful group of friends. Welcome, and we feel you'll enjoy their company as much as us.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 06:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I love it when a plan comes together Congratulations Ann and Bruce, you'll start making memories soon. You'll find many members on this forum helpful and motivating

And KUDOS to Dan and Dawn for being available and WILLING to help.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 AM   #6

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Hi Ann & Bruce and Congratulations! We're neighbors to your southeast (northeastern NC) and found our Scamp in upper Michigan. Left here early on a Friday, closed the deal around lunch on Saturday and were back home before for dinner on Sunday. Can't say I remember too much about the trip though.

Hope to see you folks on the road sometime. We'll be somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mtns the first week in July but probably won't get as far north as you are. If you ever plan a trip to the NC Outer Banks, give us a holler.

Al & Cindy
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler 1984
Hi! Ann and Bruce
Congrats on the new trailer and already two new friends.
Jim and Joan
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #8

Trailer: Former Casita 17 ft owner
Quote:
I'll echo that most of the folks you'll meet here are helpful and friendly. A few are exceptionally eccentric. But that only sweetens the package.
I resemble that remark!
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:59 AM   #9

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
hi ann and bruce. hope you enjoy your egg like so many of us do.

where are you in the valley? luray is just a little south of here. i go all along 81 to go south for the winter. sometimes visit other potters in the mountains. i'll wave at your area if i know where it is. i'm already looked at as nuts so i don't want to wave all the way down 200 miles to the tennessee border!
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 05:03 PM   #10

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Andy Earthman
Where about in Va are ya. Radford here. I know some great free CGs in the area.
Andy Earthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:48 AM   #11

where are you in the valley? luray is just a little south of here. i go all along 81 to go south for the winter. sometimes visit other potters in the mountains. i'll wave at your area if i know where it is. i'm already looked at as nuts so i don't want to wave all the way down 200 miles to the tennessee border!
[/quote]

Hi, Earthman! We live in Keezletown, east of Harrisonburg, right up against the Massanutten range.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:50 AM   #12

"Hope to see you folks on the road sometime. We'll be somewhere in the Blue Ridge Mtns the first week in July but probably won't get as far north as you are. If you ever plan a trip to the NC Outer Banks, give us a holler."

Thanks, Al and Cindy. OBX sounds like fun.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:51 AM   #13

[/quote]

Beautiful Keezletown, VA!