What did Santa bring for your FGRV? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #61

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
There are lots of different fireplace apps. I found one that was free, but both of us thought it sounded like water. Another was perfect, in fact, all its offerings of several fireplaces were good. Then I discovered that the app I use for white noise at night when traveling has the sound of a campfire that works too. Add a little speaker and you are good to go.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #62

Name: Tommy
Trailer: Smokin' Concepts
Texas
Cindy,
Do you have the name of the apps you like? My girlfriend needs white noise to sleep also. Was using our old heater's fan noise but the Crane is much quieter.
I do have some small powered speakers we use for movies and music. Another thing I added that really is convenient is a plug with USB ports. (Several out there now mine is Fastmac)

Thanks for your help,
Tommy
TLG4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #63

Registry
My white noise app is called "Relax and Sleep." (I use a droid.). There are lots of sounds on it. I like the fan sound for sleeping.

I did not like iYule Log app for the fireplace. It sounded like water. I think I must have liked the Gaze HD - fires and more. Both are on my iPad which is in the car buried under camping stuff (We are at Disney.).

CindyL
Old 12-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #64

Name: Tommy
Trailer: Smokin' Concepts
Texas
Thanks much for info, have fun at Disney!
Sounds like Great New Year place
Tommy
TLG4FUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #65

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I got a set of RV Christmas lights from my DW and.........

Then I bought my UHaul a new power converter / smart charger. I went with the Progressive Dynamics 9245 which I plan to install in the "dead space" under the furnace, freeing up space in the rear compartment . It is lighter than the old "dumb" charger and provides a float and de-sulfation mode. It also comes with a remote pendant that tells you which mode it is in and allows you to manually select a mode.

I also made a new control panel using circuit breakers instead of fuses and added a voltage and ammeter so that I can monitor the charging from the solar panel, converter or tow vehicle.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #66

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I have two sets of those RV lights, one set I converted to 12 volt for when electric isn't available at the campsite.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #67

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
I have two sets of those RV lights, one set I converted to 12 volt for when electric isn't available at the campsite.
Cool idea. What did you do to convert them to 12 volts?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #68

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
wife got a cute little set of silver "camper" ear rings. look like a little scotty or some canned ham. but cute anyway.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #69

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
Happy New Year to all !!!

Santa was very kind to us this year in delivering camper-themed gifts:
* New tires, wheels and baby moon hub caps
* Two electric blankets, one for each bunk.
* Two pie irons and a pie iron recipe book
* Two bundles of firewood
We installed and loaded everything into the shiny Scamp (Red Max-ed the week before Christmas). Went camping for six days in N. Florida at Fort Clinch State Park (Atlantic Beach campground) and O'Leno State Park (Dogwood campground). We made a side trip to Stephen Foster SP to view the Christmas light displays.

The week's weather was cold (mid-30's at night) but pleasant 60's and 70's during the days. The first night oceanside at Ft. Clinch was cold AND windy with winds of 25-30, too blustery to build a fire.

Deb
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #70

Name: Rene
Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 truck camper
British Columbia
Happy New Year to all! This year santa got us Motorola FRS two way radios so we can back up the trailer without yelling! I would have killed for walkie talkies like this when I was a kid. Now I have em..!

Last year we got a garmin nuvi GPS. I have misgivings about this thing. I have a garmin legend for portable use and like it just fine. The nuvi is a different story. Sometimes it works like a charm. And then there are the times when it takes you on a wild goose chase. I just don't trust the thing. I want to see the map and route before I leave and this thing does not make that easy.
Rene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #71

Registry
We got new camper tires on Boxing Day when the treads on one of the camper's tires went on our way to FL.

CindyL
Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #72

Trailer: Casita
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Dick & Joanne
Santa brought me a Sleep Number Mattress for the Fiver. But she didn't offer to install it or take out the OEM.
Love her anyway.

Dick
Dick & Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #73

Name: kathy
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13
New York
Registry
A Fireplace!

Click image for larger version

Name:	winter2012-3 063.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	271.1 KB
ID:	54057Everyone knows Santa is partial to fireplaces...I bought one of those cute little ceramic heaters with the flames, used leftover wainscotting and a board from my great great grandparent's barn for the mantle. It just fit under the refridgerator that put in the closet. Ho Ho Ho
adkboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #74

Registry
This is in a 13' Boler??!! More pix please.

CindyL
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #75

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
I got a rock saw for my rock tumbler so when we go camping I can find rocks to make everyone really heavy jewelry for Christmas next year. That's if I don't put an eye out.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #76

New York
Registry
A riot, isn't it? I'll post some pics, not really a great photographer, but here goes...
The Fridge is a Sears Kenmore, just fit in the closet with a bit of the right side modified(cut). I removed the top bunk, and gained great sleeping space with daybed kind of setup.
The fireplace hearth is a 6x12 garnet stone tile I had left over from another project.
Attached Thumbnails
winter2012-3 063.jpg   winter2012-3 064.jpg  

winter2012-3 067.jpg   winter2012-3 062.jpg  

Old 01-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #77

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I love your gear loft. I need to do something like that, though there isn't a lot of spare head space in the Campster.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #78

New York
Registry
Thanks, the gear loft is just a piece of wire shelving. It is good when set up, but going down the road it all bounces out. I use it for blankets and things. I'd love one of the builot-in cupboards, but my budget is a might tight. Maybe next year Santa?
Old 01-06-2013, 02:36 AM   #79

Name: C. Elaine
Trailer: Casita 2001 spirit
California
I think I really need a set of those RV Lights

Interested in your 12v change over - LED would be great if possible

Elaine
partslady9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #80

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
New old rim

Santa Sister Parsy and her husband, Tom, who also have a UHaul, sent us a rim for our spare tire...Cindy, we read your post about the flat you had on way to Florida so we were ultra excited with our present. Friday we are heading downtown Jekyll Island to meet up with Bob and Mary and feel lots safer with a spare tire!
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote