What happened(In the dark here) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2005, 08:17 AM   #1

Trailer: 83 Boler voyageur 13 ft
Can anyone tell us what happened? It has been a few days since we logged on and we can tell that obviously something bad happened and people are talking about people spreading hate and such. We are just a little in the dark here. Can anyone fill us in here? Thanks Kev&Melis
Kev&Melis B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:21 AM   #2
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I'm the non techno person here, but the way I understand it, our website was hacked into then hijacked, erased and they used our webguy's ID to replace everything with hate and links to other bad stuff. When I logged on yesterday there was only two sections: One on what had happened and the other was a place for all of us to post. Mary, has done some tweeking and made it feel a little more like home.

Soon, we will have new software that is more resistent to hacking.

Most of the information on what happened is available on here, but that's about it in a nutshell.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
You'll find a good explanation from Michael and others here:

I am sorry for the loss., We have been hijacked
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:09 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via Yahoo to Renee K.
We got it on 3 pcs and of course on weekend. This was about money and had to really jump quick! So many people do at least some business on their computers like paying electric or phone bill, but it is far too easy to slip up just once and there are thousands out there ready to pounce! It is scary just to go to Ebay. Costco, or hundreds of other sales sites. Every thing goes along fine and then it's that one time and maybe it is someones kid or a visitor sees a name on a sellers pc or they just hack and find it. Your name is out there on at least a hundred places with a considerable amount of info, if you are only listed in the phone book or have ever used a cell phone. Sort of makes one want to head for the boondocks or just go live under a bridge!
Make sure that you NEVER open any mail that you don't understand, even if it looks legit, like if you purchase regularly you would expect some mail about it but always look closely because all you have to do is open it. If in doubt, notify the business, your carrier, and YOUR BANK. Never give out info about anything. For months I was getting stuff from very legit looking credit company that I never had used. Yahoo got that one stopped but they seldom actually catch the people bodily, so they are still out there, and there are thousands of free access to computers all over the country. There are hundreds in schools, offices and librarys, and those can never be traced to most of the people who use them.
My PC is "my source" and daily companion and I would start over with all new drives or new PC if necessary. I don't even have TV, newspaper or radio but can get it all right here every day. More than needed for sure!
I really want this site to be secure, but making drives for new members may not be the best way to go!
Renee K. is offline   Reply With Quote