What is my Boler worth. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-29-2020, 09:24 PM   #1

Name: Tony
Trailer: Boler
BC
What is my Boler worth.

Not ready to put up a classified, but would welcome some feedback, as our camping RVing days are pretty much over.
We have a 1979 Boler 17, almost all original, with very little use. It was a barn find when we bought it and had only been camped in for a month.
We have done two trips to San Blas of about 4 months each.

The interior is all original with very little use, has a new water pump, new water tank and a 1000 watt inverter. Invertor is not tied in to the trailer electrics, it connects to the battery and has two dedicated 110volt outlets controlled by a remote button by the kitchen sink. The toilet has been removed, but goes with and could easily be re installed. Has original awning.
Following changes have been made. Forward roof vent has a thetford fan, 100 watt solar panel with mounts fiberglassed to the roof, panel wire comes down the tank vent pipe and exits at the rear of fridge. two scissor jacks welded on rear bumper. electric tongue jack.
Furnace, fridge, hot water all work.

Outside is original gel coat and looks a little faded, no rust or cracks in frame trailer brakes work.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:41 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
It is worth whatever you can get someone to pay for it. I sold one in original condition last year for $5000 US. It sounds like yours is in better condition than mine was.
Old 05-30-2020, 10:21 AM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Given the shortage of trailers right now as everyone is stuck in BC for the summer it’s worth more than it was 8 months ago.

Old Bolers are a hot item in BC and depending on where you are located will greatly impact the price. If you are in the lower mainland you can expect to get far more for it than if you are in 100 Mike House for example due to more people interested in it.

Take a look here for pricing ideas and look at the location of the trailer while doing so.

Fiberglass RV 4Sale
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I’d say $5,000 is very low given your description. $10k US, maybe $12k. The 17 foot Boler is desirable both because of the Boler following and the trailer width (wider than the competition).

+10 check the website above for both current listings and sold history. Assume the trailers sold got close to asking price.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:30 AM   #5

Name: Bob
Trailer: Scamp
South Dakota
Pictures are worth a 1,000 words.
Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 11:31 AM   #6

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I just sold mine last month for $9800 Can. and had 6 people who wanted me to contact them if the deal fell through. I ha upgraded quite a few things on the interior but the exterior needed redoing as did the walls inside. I think your's is probably about on par. Difficult to tell without pictures.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler