what is the largest 2 piece Fg trailer available - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #1

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
what is the largest 2 piece Fg trailer available

I am new to this and somewhat ignorant, claustrophobic, and for mobility reasons, it is not easy for me to walk up or crawl up into some small 5th wheel bedrooms. or 21 foot crawl into bedrooms. got some prostrate probs, sometimes meds work great sometimes they do not so usually up 5 to 7 times a night to urine little or nuttin' funny that is life and it ain't perfect, but we survive and move on , and then trout fish and it is all worth it. no I am not on my pity pot, been there done that, it is part of life and we all endure. walk around bed is best, one sided is appropriate. I have a tempurpedic queen bed that I plan to use, it even has the hospital motors, and vibrators, that I do not need but would be nice to have. yep at this time an about 2 years it will be just me, my dog Brittany marie 2, and my trout fishing equipment. traveling the usa for up to 2 years ultimately finding a base camp from flagstaff to Montana, Wyoming, cour de alaine, id(spelling), wash, Oregon, not sure still looking at tax ramifications, etc....after liquidating everything buying, 4wd Nissan diesel 8600 to 9000# ccp, 28 overall mpg, and trailer/5th wheel. will have enough soc sec and cash to draw a yearly income of about 60m/year base on a 4 to 5% withdrawal rate, just shy of 7 figures cash. I make take more, cause I have no family, children etc... it is set in stone- I will die 80 to 82 if history prevails. which is a pretty nice and long life, I do not want to end up in a nursing facility, like I just had to put my mother into 3 weeks ago she is 83 I just turned 62.
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
If you are looking for an older trailer on a reasonable budget... checkout the Burro 17WB (wide body) it has an extra wide door and nice wide hallway with a large easy access bed.....
Attached Thumbnails
BURRO 17WB 038.jpg   BURRO 17WB 039.jpg  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face Size Matters sometimes

What is the Largest 2 piece Fiberglass trailer available?

Most common large trailer is the 25' Bigfoot 2500 series. Both the front bedroom and rear bedroom models have Queen "Island" beds.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
While not "walk Around", the new Oliver 22' looks to be a good sized "crawl out" (without climbing over one another) bed.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #5

Name: William E.
Trailer: "Investigating for Retirement"
Texas
thank you so much.

Floyd- that burro wide body sure is a nicelooking rig - need to look at the configuration a bit more

Fredrick - I am a bigfoot fan especially the 25 footer, since no wife have even considered the a split twin bed version, although my Brittany spaniel 2 would be a bit ticked off she would get over it, just happy to be with me in the otdoors

john the oliver I have been a big fan of as well but the originals were a bit small although well thought out and designed and they would build to your needs - sorry they went on hiatus for a bit clad they are back and the new design/length is a plus. what I did not like was some of the people trying to sell them for many thousands of dollars more than they were worth - any way they have that right

still considering an escape - we will see, they have to be one of the top rigs out there and are quite flexible - to an individuals needs within reason.

I really love the evergreen element and possibly ascend, almost totally green European design, mfg process seems light years ahead of many manufactures, not necessarily the fg's (eggs etc..) I own a small pest control company one call in north texas and will be selling in a few years along with every thing else I own, to prepare for my trout fishing, and big game hunting excursions, I am catch and release fisherman, and rarely shoot big game, I am in for the hunt to see them in nature, and not take their lives...that is enough for me. I used to take trout, deer, elk, to my pop cause he loved the food, until he passed. me I might bring a trout or 2 home for dinner, it is the sport of catching or finding them in the wild, that is important to me. I am a professional bugslayer and good at it, but if I spray - something like a toad, frog, geco if I can catch them I will wash them off and carry them to a safe location and release them. tmi I know

I truly appreciate all the informative info I receive from this forum bless you all - I spell check nuttin terrible typist

I saw sometime back, a 26foot bigfoot, 5th wheel, in Oregon I think, did not look like a 2 piecer forget the year but he dealer had it on his lot for a long time .. seemed interesting, never have seen another one anywhere
web3221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
The 26 ft Bigfoot 5th is not molded fiberglass. Back in the 80's they did make a few 28ft pull trailers that were very nice. They were called Silver Clouds.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...oud-50811.html
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #7

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by web3221 View Post
I saw sometime back, a 26foot bigfoot, 5th wheel, in Oregon I think, did not look like a 2 piecer forget the year but he dealer had it on his lot for a long time .. seemed interesting, never have seen another one anywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
The 26 ft Bigfoot 5th is not molded fiberglass.
True. The previous incarnations of Bigfoot built quite a few non-moulded trailers (and truck campers, and Class C motorhomes). Anything with a model number starting with "15" or "25" is moulded fiberglass; anything starting with "30" or "40" is not... but that only works for the last decade or two of production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
Back in the 80's they did make a few 28ft pull trailers that were very nice. They were called Silver Clouds.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...oud-50811.html
This very rare model is one of only two regular production moulded fiberglass models that I know of which are over 21 feet, aside from the Bigfoot 25'. The other is the similarly rare 30 foot Sun Trek (or Suntrek) Vista.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote