What is this? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #1

Trailer: Unknown fiberglass 5th Wheel
Registry
What is this?

I am going to look at this trailer tomorrow. What is it?
Attached Images

KristiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Well, seeing as how you're gunna go look at it tomorrow, we're thinkin MAYBE, just maybe you could fill us in tomorrow evening, LOL!!!!

Echo, maybe???
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Don't know... looks like it once had a front window. There's several patch jobs....

Take more (better) pictures and let us know!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #4

Registry
I still don't know what it is. I bought it. Got caught up in the excitement of having a new egg. I think I am in over my head. It is stripped inside. I tried to be patient, but pounced on the first affordable one I could find. Ok. What is done is done. I need innards!
Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Is this the 1975 Trillium 13 ft, in your profile?
Because, I am fairly sure it is not a Trillium. I like the back window though.
So what do you have in mind for a floor plan?
With no front window, I would be inclined to do a front bath and shower. Same as a 13' front bath Scamp.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:18 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
With it stripped inside, you now have a blank canvas to be creative with.

You can have as wide of bed as you want. Whatever galley you would want. With or without a table, seating.

All sleeping trailer or not. One with bunks, separate twins, a queen.

Wet bath or not. As large or small fridge, stove, etc.

With Storage or Without.

Insulation or Not.

Holding Tanks or Not.

Electric AC or 12v or both or none. Propane or Not.

Much Luck with your project. Hope to see photos, etc.

Don't Have Too Much Fun!

PS: A Shell of an Egg is Better than NO Egg at all.

Or one can sleep inside a EggShell just as easy as a Tent & Not have to worry about it raining too much & waking up wet.

All one would have to do to go camping is make sure the wheels & tires are in working order.

Throw a blowup mattress in, a camp stove, a few pots & pans, an ice chest, a folding table & chairs and a little food & water.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 AM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
What's it say on the title? It definitely has had the front window removed/patched and the rear window is the newer style. The belly band and lights above the rear window really throw me off.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
The wide belly band area looks like a Trail Mite, but that brand has an eyebrow over the front window... hummm.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #9

Registry
Oooh! What a great idea! A front bath and shower. Sounds great!

No, it is not my beloved Trillium. I lost that to my ex. I don't miss the ex this Valentines day, but I sure do miss that Trillium!
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
What did the previous owner say it is and what does the TOD say it is? If you have the Transfer of Ownership Document it will say what it is registered as.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #11

Registry
Has plates, but no title. All I will do is plan until the results of that come back. I guess bonded title? The guy I bought it from was going to make a hotdog cart out of it, but changed his mind. Mustard yellow and hot dog red/brown....heh heh.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #12

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
For me it would be a front bath, a queen sized bed at the cost of a smaller closet and kitchen.
How big is it? The shell looks comparable to my 4500's. They are 10' long and ever so slightly more then 6' wide.
It seems to have what I refer to as pontoons. I mean gutters on the sides that give it a place for leaks to collect and not wreck any wood flooring. They would make a good place for a drain for your shower if you use a hepvo valve and a pump.
Hepvo Waterless Valve
I have given some thought to putting a front bath on a 4500. That was the original reason that I have two of them. The design that I have in mind would be a bulkhead across the front. It would be just far enough forward that it does not interfear with the operation of the door on the trailer. I would make it from 1/2" of foam sandwiched between two FRP, (fibreglass reinforced panel) sheets, that is used for bathroom liners. 0.10" thick and perfectly flat. I would also take out the front window and glass over the hole. Probably put a small port hole in for ventilation.
Sorry to hear about the Trillium. My first three kids are from my first marriage. I understand the pain and loss of divorce. With time, this trailer may be even better then the Trillium, (that hurt to type).
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Kristi

From the photos the shell does not seem to have rivet holes. If true, this might help ID the Brand. Nice, not having holes in the fiberglass, no holes, no place to leak.

Hope you can add any walls, seats, cabinets without having to drill hole into/through the fiberglass.

What is the inside like? Does it have places where wood has been fiberglassed onto the shell? I know Scamp does that in place for adding strength & have a place to add screws or whatever.

I'm curious as to what the early Casitas looked compared to yours.
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #14

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
I don't think it would be hard to fiberglass in wood to attach the bulkheads and galley in place...the walls look pretty straight. The bed frame could be free standing. Look online at rebuilding fiberglass boat interiors for ideas.

deryk
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #15

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Red face Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiS View Post
I still don't know what it is. I bought it.

I've been kicking around an idea that required a totally stripped out 13' trailer, but I have too much on my plate right now and I don't need another project!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #16

Registry
So far over my head. I can't do this. This will be cleaned a bit and put up for sale. I am in no way handy and have limited funds.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #17

New Jersey
Registry
Kristi, take a deep breath! This can be a wonderful oppurtunity for you. If you look at the albums in my profile, my lil red vardo I built, which is now officially gone, my ParkLiner can come home next weekend! YAY! Now the lil red vardo is the 2nd trailer I built. Prior to the first, I never built anything...zero...squat. I spent alot of time reading about what people did, and am also on a very limited budget, and did it slowly.

The most important thing is makeing it legal and safe to tow. If the axle is good, or even if it needs to be replaced as long as its towable, you can use an air mattress and a cooler and a porta pottie in the begining. Then slowly tackle one project at a time...there is no better feeling then getting complimented that you did a great job. Most things are not really as complicated as they seem once you read about them and how it was done. Don't sell yourself short...confidence! (this is probably why the principal at my school calls me Mr Rogers lol) Take lots of pictures and ask lots of questions. There is a wealth of knowledge on the internet and just think how awesome it will be when you make it customized just for you! I almost went this route, but the place I would have rebuilt a camper at was kinda destroyed in Hurracaine Sandy, and my mom gave me grief about me and my "projects" I just got real lucky with getting my ParkLiner.... but still have a dozen projects to do on it and its a 2012 lol.

deryk
Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #18

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
What do you want for it? Where in Arizona? Are you close to Vegas?
I've been gathering stuff for my 19' and have changed my mind so many times I have double and triple for most everything. Plus I just pulled the benches out yesterday and am pulling the base cabinets out today. I have two new convertors because I decided to go with the PD4045 instead of the PD9060. 3 sinks, 2 fridges 1 DC and 1 propane, 3 styles of flooring, 2 stove tops, etc, etc. It is a sickness I tell ya!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #19

Registry
Thank Deryk. Deep breath taken. I really don't need much. I can bring an icebox and a bbq for a while. I have a portable AC.
I felt overwhelmed when I found my own personal water reservoirs inside. I am siphoning and using a coffee can to bail out the water now. Something was mounted on the back and drilled holes were left unplugged. Windows are not sealed. There is lumpy discolored insulation all around.

Steve, I would probably sell if offered enough, but with the problems I am mentioning here, I doubt I would get it. Are you selling your extras? I am in Tucson. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
fiberglass4.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #20

New Jersey
Registry
As long as the shell is good, its all fixable. Seal the holes once you get it bailed out.... try to find out who made it, would help alot.

deryk