What is your "job" on a campout? Or do you share all tasks? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #41

Name: OnTheRoadAgain
Trailer: Oliver
Tennessee
JBB,

I guess he likes human mommas. Neat. Pretty bird! What is his life expectancy? Birds live a long time don't they?

| 2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II | 2016 Toyota Tundra |
Oliver_Elite2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #42

Tennessee
EF,

Laughing good answer!

Me, I try not to think. Good thing I don't know what date it is until I look on the PC clock. And yes, what day is it again?

Give me a menial task anytime

I actually like sweeping out our RV. Of course it's small and takes no time at all. Also enjoy trying to creatively stow stuff away. In a small RV stuff stacks up fast. Thus far we have "nobly" not crammed ours full. Of course we have only had it since Feb. Good thing we have a truck bed cab cover.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:42 AM   #43

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
The Do all guy.lol
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #44
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_Elite2 View Post
JBB,

I guess he likes human mommas. Neat. Pretty bird! What is his life expectancy? Birds live a long time don't they?
A Sun Conure life expectancy is 30-35 years.
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:15 PM   #45

Tennessee
Pet appeal :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
A Sun Conure life expectancy is 30-35 years.
Wow! That is neat. A very long life! You will have your gorgeous bird a long time.

I sure wish dogs could live that long.

Our Scotties lived to about 13 which is very old for Scotties (the show dogs you see on TV rarely live past 8, they are severely inbred and unhealthy).

Strange we didn't know this prior to getting Mabel Lean, Border Collie only live about 10 yrs. Mabe is 3 1/2 now. May just wear out from so much high speed running? She had a very good responsible breeder who didn't inbreed. Maybe she will live longer?

Oh for any of you mourning your doggies passing here is a site I made eons ago. Many of the links are inactive. It still gets multiple "hits" everyday. I disabled many of the pages.

The Scotty Appeal Relieving Grief of Losing Your Cherished Dog toThe Rainbow Bridge

The Scotty Appeal: To Tribute the Loss of a Animal Family Member and Hunt for a Scottish Terrier Puppy

Mungo was our Scotty male name meaning kind. We called him Moose for that long muzzle.

I used to instruct web design at the tertiary level amongst other things. Which explains why I don't want to think any more ha!

This comfort page gets many, many visits per day of those of us that have lost a precious family member. But I am SURE we will see them again. See why if you visit.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #46

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
My job on campout is... To continue my daily job:-) I run online business 365 days a year. I can do it from home, from Walmart parking lot or from a campground. The only restriction - I have to have an Internet access.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #47

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Getting a pet used to camping baby steps are good, or remote so the camping part is learned before the being in a park part. Even day use at the local picnic area will give you a chance to reward the good behavior. I find turkey hot dogs cut lengthwise into quarters then across to yield lots of yummy bits work well and turkey dogs tend to be better than pork on dogs tummy. Not to mention way cheaper than commercial dog treats. Training treats cost more per pound than steak. That said Puperoni are like crack for dogs.

Gradual mild exposure can help too. Go where there are things pup would bark at and stop at the point they start to bark. Get them to stop & reward, until they don't bark at that distance. Then move closer. Hunting dogs are sometimes trained to tolerate gunfire by playing recorded shots while feeding at ever increasing volume.

Dog park is the other extreme. Provided your dog won't attack out of fear. Sort of the same as throwing a kid in the pool so they figure out they can swim.

Many dogs given a choice between barking at people passing or being at your chair chomping goodies will pick the goodies.

This one is a little weird but... can be effective. Put the hot dog bits in your mouth. Looking at you gets rewarded by spitting out a piece. Teach them at home they can get a treat from eye contact with you then tie it to a command like "on me" then you can use the command to pull dog to you for the treat rather than end of the leash barking.

BTW - same works for jobs at campground. Baby steps until everyone is happy and can both contribute and relax. Smores are a heck of a reward treat!
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #48

Tennessee
Wow! Work at "home" in a RV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokhapkin View Post
My job on campout is... To continue my daily job:-) I run online business 365 days a year. I can do it from home, from Walmart parking lot or from a campground. The only restriction - I have to have an Internet access.
WOW! Neat idea. More people are choosing this route for online businesses. Have computer and connection will travel. NEAT!

Now WIFI can be a problem. Try to get a camping lot right under the WIFI pole Makes a huge difference. We were connected realllly well when the whole campground WIFI was on a pole in a tree on our lot in FL.

Now this week at Walland, TN (lots of typography and we were in a hollar) Nope. A crawl and only connected outside RV and we were fairly close to the WIFI at the office. Line of sight was limited.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:50 PM   #49

Tennessee
Roger SUPER tips! As stubborn as our Scotties were (they went to doggie kindergarten, level 1 and for Moosey took 2 obedience.) They loved cheese and pupperoni for sure. Also there are liver snaps.

Great idea on putting the treats in your mouth. We see show handlers doing this on TV. Moose went through some agility training which was hysterical! His little leggies the gates had to be set practically on the ground. He was very proud of himself showing off for his girlfriends the Lab and West Highland Terrier.

Never took Mabe the long legged Border to training class. Maybe a good idea. She learned with just one treat to sit. Does down like a champ too. Now recall, stop, drop. NOPE not gonna' happen with her. I have to chase her down in our 4 Runner and bribe her with treats to jump in and go home.