What kind of TV do you have? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Tv - Do you have one in your trailer?
Yes 11 11.22%
No 28 28.57%
Flat screen TV. 23 23.47%
Old style Tv. 6 6.12%
Tv on your computer. 8 8.16%
Will never have one in the trailer. 8 8.16%
Thinking about adding one. 14 14.29%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Any one have a TV in their trailer?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #2

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
NEVER is a long time so on the off chance something could change I voted NO.

No CD or DVD player either.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I honestly don't get TV's in the trailer, but then I don't even have cable at home =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

I have a Cathode-Ray Tube type TV/VCR with an exterior antenna and an exterior connection for cable TV. I have installed one of the new digital tuner boxes for when the analog broadcasts end next year. We also watch DVD's and play Video games on my Laptop computer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	15397

I did not buy the TV for this trailer. It was one of the 4 TV's I already owned, all of which are older CRT type units. There was one trip where it came in really handy; we pulled it out of the trailer and took it along to the Laundromat where we watched videos for about 2 hours while we did laundry.
Attached Thumbnails
Child__s_Upper_Bunk.jpg  
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I personally see no need for a tv... my purpose is to get away and enjoy what nature provides around me....
I had to giggle at Grayland this weekend... some one put their satallite dish clear out by the road out of the circle so they could get reception... wondering how many dogs decided to pee on it...LOL
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
No TV, but we do take my lap top computer in the event of rain. Hubby likes to read at the front table if we have to be inside in the event of a heavy shower, I watch a movie he probably wouldn't like (i.e. chick flick) while lying in bed. We use it ONLY in the event of rain storm that drives us inside.
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Arrow

We have an old style TV which is AC/DC and has DVD player built in, small screen, but is a little bulky and heavy. It will play movies as well as music. But it is not ditial, so in Feb. we will not be able to use it without a Ditial Box which will not be DC, only AC. Often we leave it in the pickup camping but at times we pull it out. When we spend a month in North Dakota this summer, we use it quit a lot. We like it camping to get weather reports mainly. Not sure if we would get one of the flat screens if they come out with one AC/DC or not, depends on the cost. We have another AC/DC which we had used many years in our motor home, but it DC plug shorted out and can not use it with the DC. It is smaller, lighter without the DVD player.
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:22 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1999
No TV plans for our camper- We have not had a dish or cable for 25 years in our home which only gets 3 channels But consider this: we have saved approx. $25/month X 12 X 25 yrs = $7500.00 which was more thatn enuff to buy our "new to us" 13" scamp! (We have tent camped for those 25 years and are still learning what to pack since our above ground upgrade.
Mark J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:48 PM   #9

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft 1982
Send a message via Yahoo to Benita
I have a TV program on my computer and a portable, made for vehicle travel TV.

Earlier reply"

This is a very good program. Pinnacle Pro
Benita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 08:43 AM   #10

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
I have a TV card for my laptop, but I have yet to use it. I took the laptop to Bandon, but it never even came out of the case once for the two weeks we were on the road. Like others, my computer/tv is my backup activity for rainy days. I don't have full cable TV at home either - just more money spent to do nothing...(besides, if I had all those home renovation shows, you'd never peel me away from the thing)
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #11

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Lainey
What brand TV card do you have?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #12

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
I have a TV card for my laptop, but I have yet to use it. I took the laptop to Bandon, but it never even came out of the case once for the two weeks we were on the road. Like others, my computer/tv is my backup activity for rainy days. I don't have full cable TV at home either - just more money spent to do nothing...(besides, if I had all those home renovation shows, you'd never peel me away from the thing)

I thought about doing that but decided I have enough for rainy days. Cards, books, and ham radio should keep me busy enough.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:08 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
I use the DVD player in my laptop on those really rainy days. Am considering a HD TV card for the laptop maybe someday if I get tired of watching DVD's and plan on being somewhere where I get reception (probably not until I'm retired and on a really long trip somewhere).
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #14

Trailer: 1973 Play Pac
Registry
One of my favorite things is to watch my Georgia Bulldogs at my campsite on a crisp autumn evening. To each his own.
ricky w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 05:30 PM   #15

Trailer: 1987 13 ft Casita
I agree with Byron, never is a really long time, so no.

But I must admit my laptop comes with me. Most of the time it's to download the GPS to it but if needed I could muck about with other things.

Paula
Paula Bindrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM   #16

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
I'm interested in learning more about this HDTV card. After doing a Google search, I found many things but still don't understand if this 'card' is like having a wireless internet card or not.

Could someone please expand more on this?
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 PM   #17

Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot 17 ft and 1989 Li'l Bigfoot 13 ft
Quote:
Lainey
What brand TV card do you have?
It's made by AverMedia It is called the "AVerTV Hybrid NanoExpress ATSC" How's that for a mouthful? It came with the computer, that's about all I know. The computer is a couple months old, but I haven't hooked it up yet, so I can't say how well it functions.
Lainey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 PM   #18

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
We have a Toshiba flatscreen TV with built-in DVD player. Hangs nicely on a bracket below the overhead cabinets. It's kinda nice to curl up with a good movie late at night on those times when we have a full hook-up. (thanks John and Louise)
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 AM   #19

Trailer: 2008 Scamp 16 ft
No TV in mine. Don't watch it much at home, definitely don't want to watch it away from home! But I make sure to have a good book and a deck of cards, for a rainy day!
Diane G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:29 AM   #20

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
We don't consider ourselves to be "Campers" as much as we are "Travelers". We generally are off to visit kinfolk in the western states, or to Florida, or South Texas for a Bluegrass Festival. Or to the Smokies for the Fall Arts and Crafts show.

We use our Casita as our personal "Motel" while traveling. After a day on the road we like to have dinner, shower, and settle in to watch the National News and the weather. Sometime we even come across a good TV program.

We have a DVD player in the upper rear cabinet, and with McDonald's 'Red Box' ($1.00 a night) movie rentals, we can watch the latest movies and drop them off at any McDonald"s the next day (prior to 9:00 PM). Some Walmarts have them now also.

We have a 15" LCD Flat screen mounted in the corner below the curbside rear cabinet. It's a newer model with both analog and digital turners. Works great in the Casita with the amplified "Delta" antenna on our '05 Model 17ft.
LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote