What TEMP (High and Low) stops you from camping? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
James,

Dido on the snow camping however mine was done in the Army and Not so pleasant.

We Have camped in the camper in the coldest to hottest weather.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
I am doing this for retriever dog training.

Hot and humid vs hot and dry must be taken under consideration. Basically, if it is unsafe for the dogs or me, I won't train. Having said that, I can train in the very early morn and then take the rest of the day off.

However, if it is too hot for the dogs to be safe in the car or trailer, I'll just stay home.

Cold ... I like training in 40plus degree temperatures. I am fine at night in the trailer. But will start later in the morning to let the temperature rise.

MY best training temperature is low 50s to mid 60's. Partial sunshine as opposed to rain.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:37 PM   #23

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Our temp range has been from 115*F to 3*F. As long as we can have electric, the airconditioner keeps us just fine in Southern Arizona. we can do with just a small electric heater down to about 12*F, but below that we need both the heater and the furnace.

But you must consider our Philosophy of Use, ..... If we can't have electric power, ... we won't be there. Our Casita is more of a "Personal Motel" than a "Camper". We don't Camp.
LSChilders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
well for example, right now at our fall trailer meet, asI type this it is a balmy (not!!!) 63 degrees. Our 'circle (Salamander) will fill up today.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 05:31 PM   #25

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
I don't like temps over 85, nor under 40, but it doesn't stop us.
Temps over 90 something will remind me why we have wheels, though. Why bother? But then, I don't like a/c and using electric to run it.
We've camped in the teens, without issue. I favor that over high temps. Probably the Scandinavian genes... far more comfortable in cold temps than hot.
Rain... after a few days is really, really monotonous in tiny trailers. Yet another reminder of , yes, the trailer has wheels.....
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #26

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we don't care what the temps are....we've spent many nights using our furnace in temps as low as -15C and were toasty warm...and some--but not nearly as many---nights when the temps have been over 30C. by choice, i prefer the cold ones..because i can add layers....but those warm ones--they sure make it "tight" without A/C and only a fan or two.
in fact, we are heading out again in the morning---the temps are supposed to be into frost levels at night but that won't stop us, as long as the sun shines all day!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #27

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
About 10 degrees was the coldest, we had no heat in the trailer and the dog got inside my sleeping bag, that is how cold it was. Made it memorable...I like from 20 degrees to around 80- been to Florida when it got to 95 and 95% humidity, that was awful.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #28

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Last February was the coldest I've ever camped. Joshua Trees NP, Jumbo Rocks CG. Elevation is about 4,000 and I awoke to 23 degrees inside my trailer. A 2 inch icicle was hanging from the faucet. Nothing would work. The propane barely ran enough to get one burner lit, the furnace wouldn't light and the generator wouldn't work. Have no idea how cold it was or had been outside. I cranked up and left.

If I'd had electric hookups I'd have stayed but it is dry camping, not!!

I've camped with outside temps in the neighborhood of 30 degrees and that was fine. Any higher temp. is OK with me, I have no high max.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #29

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
We do not camp in high summer (July,August) heat is to hard on us because when we camp we like to spend most of our time outside. If we have to stay inside then we just stay home. We start again in September and will camp the rest of the year and into the next unless there is to much rain and cold to be outside.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
We have a rule not to go camping when the daytime high is above 85 or below 65. (The nighttime low isn't of much concern to us here in Florida.) This last week we broke the rule and went when it was just about 90; we thought that we wouldn't mind because the humidity was supposed to be relatively low. We were wrong, even with the low humidity 90 was just too hot for anything but sitting in the shade or inside with the AC on - and that's not our idea of camping fun.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote