What's happening to this place.. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-17-2019, 11:31 AM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
What's happening to this place..

Came on here looking for the classified section for parts and it's no longer in the forum's.. What is going on is this site going to completely end, I can no longer post my campers that I redo on the classified because the site is completely changed I should just end my membership...There's no longer a reason to visit......................................
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Change is inevitable Randy. Maybe this will help: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...eds-88342.html
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #3

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
I've read that, there's not a place in there where it tells where the parts section went...Did it get deleted????
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:43 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It's here: https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.co...iscellaneous-3

There's also a parts wanted section.

I, too, find the new classifieds less user-friendly than the old. But then, I find the same about the new reservation system used by CA state parks and any number of other on-line services I am accustomed to using.

I think it's just me that's getting old!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post

I think it's just me that's getting old!

No, it seems to be an epidemic. It's happening to all my friends, my siblings, me... . I guess the alternatives are less appealing so there's that.

Now, get off my lawn!
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I tend to agree with your sentiments Randy. In the old days one could post something in the classifieds that the community could access before you decided to post it in the wild on other sites. One would have to be a member to contact you. Sort of a built in benefit to membership.

Change may be inevitable but it is not always for the good. These changes take away from the spirit of a community while requiring one disclose more personal information that may be subject to further breaches.

Personally, I preferred the old way.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:47 AM   #7

Name: RJ
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy in TO View Post
I tend to agree with your sentiments Randy. In the old days one could post something in the classifieds that the community could access before you decided to post it in the wild on other sites. One would have to be a member to contact you. Sort of a built in benefit to membership.

Change may be inevitable but it is not always for the good. These changes take away from the spirit of a community while requiring one disclose more personal information that may be subject to further breaches.

Personally, I preferred the old way.
Yes, I too, am having problems with the new system as well. I'll paste what I wrote in another thread...

You're not the only one. I haven't been able to read any of the Classified Ads since they made the change. I know it was meant to be an improvement, but it has blocked me out completely. When I click on the Classified section, or Ad, this is what I get every time:

“This site can’t provide a secure connection.
www.fiberglassclassifieds.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH”

If the problems can't be corrected, I, for one, would prefer going back to the way it was when everyone could read the ads.
RJnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #8

Name: Jane
Trailer: Hunter Compact Jr 1972
Colorado
Registry
Get a grip, guys! I just posted a classified ad and it was easy! I was even able to rotate my pictures so a viewer doesn't have to stand on their head!
janel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:12 AM   #9

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJnNC View Post
Yes, I too, am having problems with the new system as well. I'll paste what I wrote in another thread...

You're not the only one. I haven't been able to read any of the Classified Ads since they made the change. I know it was meant to be an improvement, but it has blocked me out completely. When I click on the Classified section, or Ad, this is what I get every time:

“This site can’t provide a secure connection.
www.fiberglassclassifieds.com uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH”

If the problems can't be corrected, I, for one, would prefer going back to the way it was when everyone could read the ads.
What web browser are you using ? I just accessed it with the current/latest version of Chrome, which is pretty fussy about not supporting deprecated/obsolete SSL encryption, and it works fine.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:22 AM   #10

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
What web browser are you using ? I just accessed it with the current/latest version of Chrome, which is pretty fussy about not supporting deprecated/obsolete SSL encryption, and it works fine.
Hi John, thanks for the reply and interest! I am also using Chrome, on an XP computer.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:36 AM   #11

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
Windows XP ?? that's *way* past End of Service Life, and hasn't had any updates in at least 5 years. In the meantime, the original "SSL" (Secure Sockets Layer) protocols used by https secure web sites have been discovered to have some gaping flaws, and the newer TLS standards have replaced them, newer webservers do NOT support SSL v1-v3 for this reason

In Chrome, click the '...' menu item on the upper right, click 'help', 'about chrome', what version does it show? mine is...
Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I believe Chrome version 49 was the last version supported for Windows XP, but TLS 1.2 has been supported since version 29 (2013)
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #12

North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
Windows XP ?? that's *way* past End of Service Life, and hasn't had any updates in at least 5 years. In the meantime, the original "SSL" (Secure Sockets Layer) protocols used by https secure web sites have been discovered to have some gaping flaws, and the newer TLS standards have replaced them, newer webservers do NOT support SSL v1-v3 for this reason

In Chrome, click the '...' menu item on the upper right, click 'help', 'about chrome', what version does it show? mine is...
Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I believe Chrome version 49 was the last version supported for Windows XP, but TLS 1.2 has been supported since version 29 (2013)
Wow, thanks for your help! As suggested, here's what it said: Version 49.0.2623.112 - Any further suggestions that don't include a big honkin' sledge hammer?
Old 10-18-2019, 11:02 AM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Looks like you deserve a new laptop with the latest software. You can use it for web surfing, watching movies, listening to music, playing games. It'll be compact and you can take it with you. Look into a new tablet if you don't require major processing capability.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:34 PM   #14

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Randy the forum needs your knowledge!! The classifieds sadly have gotten really bad.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 11:13 PM   #15

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Randy, do consider the option of hiring someone to do those for sale postings for you. Maybe you have a neighbor or college kid or high school student around who can come over with their laptop and work with you on this. Maybe it could be a trade, lessons in working with tools for posting the results of using those tools.

Sometimes it is simply not worth struggling doing something you hate doing but needs to get done. That is the time to find an employee to take over those tasks. No one has to know how to do everything and keep up with every change in technology. There will always be others who can and will contribute their skills for that.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote