What's your big 2003 trip? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2003, 08:48 AM   #61

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Rick

Quote:
Orginally posted by Rick

I was in Regina for the first time in my life last August. I have 3 important words for you to consider: Mosquitos, Crickets, Grasshoppers!

(Trillions and Trillions of them too!)

:)
:o :o Thanks for the reminder Rick. The '32 is a roadster, that means a windshield, a soft top, AND NO SIDE WINDOWS, just open space!
slap,
squish,
yuck.
Eventually side-curtains of some type will be made, but not this year. Maybe running the a/c full blast will blow them away.
No, I don't think so either.
Jean

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 AM   #62

>>Trillions and Trillions of them

Rick, I believe on this forum, the proper spelling for the number of bugs would be trilliums and trilliums of them.

Just a thought!

Old 04-22-2003, 09:38 AM   #63

Keith's trip to Arizona

Hi Mary,
Perish the thought! Sell our Casita ---- never! We just thought it might be nice to hook up with Keith in Mesa or Scottsdale. Would love to include Morgan and Lee also. Hello Morgan, are you there?:wave :wave

Old 04-22-2003, 12:20 PM   #64

Whew! That's a relief, Darline. I'm still counting on camping with you one day, either in Arizona or New Mexico, or at another Texas Bluebonnet fest.

I'd hate for you to be in a tent when that day comes!

(Who do we know in Mesa that USED TO HAVE a Casita?)

:jester

Old 04-22-2003, 03:49 PM   #65

Casita in Mesa

Mary, I was wondering that too. Could be a snow bird with an address elsewhere. Maybe Keith will tell us. How about it Keith? Who is selling a Casita?:L

Old 04-22-2003, 05:15 PM   #66

We bought our trillium to take it to Labrador via Newfoundland. We went to Newfoundland last August and had a very good time. We were tenting it. This was great till we hit a week of rain. This year Steve wanted to go further to Labrador in June. I thought it could be cold and buggy, possibly snowy. We were having a good year at work and thought a little luxury would be nice. So we got the trailer. Steve and I do treework together. In march someone stole our chipper. This was the most expensive equipment we had. So our vacation fund went to replace it. The good news is: we had a vacation fund; we like the new chipper; the trailer will be really ready when we go next year; We love the coast of North Carolina, and can go there weekends; we love the trillium; we love this forum. Thanks everybody.

Old 04-22-2003, 05:35 PM   #67

Hey Maggie!

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your hard luck, but I love your attitude!

We'll be watching for photos of your Trillium in North Carolina this summer... We're always looking for great shots to post on the Home Page, ya know!!

:sunny

Old 04-22-2003, 05:40 PM   #68

>>someone stole our chipper

Ah jeese, Maggie. That's terrible! Hopefully the chipper will jam on them! I was going to hope something worse would happen, but decided against it.

At least you still have your dreams of next year!

Old 04-22-2003, 09:52 PM   #69

Sorry folks, I'm not guilty

:sad :wak :wink No, seriously, I know you're all just concerned about who it is. I really don't know but think I will find out when I get down there because the Dealer Rep said all the previous owner's paperwork is still in the trailer. I sure hope this didn't become available due to some kind of sickness or tragedy. However, I feel very fortunate to have found and bought it. I assure all that we will take good care of it. I will let some of you know more about it when I find out. Also some pictures when I get them and figure out how to upload them.

Regards,

Old 04-23-2003, 11:55 AM   #70

We are going to do Alaska's longest possible road trip - the Dalton Highway. It is still locally called the the "Haul Road", built for hauling supplies to the North Slope oil fields. It's over 800 miles from Anchorage to Prudhoe Bay on the Arctic Ocean. The last few hundred miles is still unpaved - so I just bought a new gravel guard. The road crosses the Arctic Circle, the Yukon River, and climbs a high pass over the Brooks Range. When we go in June, the sun will be up 24 hours a days on the North Slope.

We have done this trip before, using a tent and truck shell. The Scamp will be a great improvement.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:26 PM   #71

Hey David,
That sounds like a great trip! Do you just camp along the road? How long do you plan to take? Are supplies available along the way? Can you tell I'm curious? Tell me more!

Old 04-23-2003, 02:23 PM   #72

Dalton Highway

There are many "informal" campsites along the road. The US Bureau of Land Management (BLM) has a developed campground at Coldfoot, just south of the Brooks Range. Gasoline and food can be purchased at the Yukon Crossing, at Coldfoot, and at Deadhorse (at the north end of the road). It is a long way between these pit stops, you may need to have extra gas cans. If you get on a good search engine and type in Dalton Highway there are many very good websites describing the area. It is truly one of the most remote road trips in North America, but the road is well-maintained and constantly graded. Last summer it was paved all the way to Coldfoot. Beyond that is graded gravel. When the unpaved part is wet it will cover your vehicles with a messy silty mud. Rock chips are common too. So this trip is not for everyone. But it sure is unique. As for length of trip, you should plan on about three days travel time, one way, from Fairbanks to Deadhorse. One week round trip from Fairbanks would be a reasonable pace. Hope this helps. My wife Nancy and I plan to go up during summer solstice so we can celebrate the midnight sun above the Arctic Circle.

David

Old 04-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #73

summer 2003

Me the kat and Egg
Will start off this summer with a clam bake memorial day weekend in Binghamton Ny. This will be the First trip up in to the mountains as i refuse to take the egg near Washington Dc again. Poor Egg almost got scrambled there easter weekend. From south east va route 17 heads northwest day one should end somewhere south of Haggerston MD. Then day 2 a visit with realitives in Wilksbury Pa.
With a little luck ill leave with some great home made polish food.
Just a short hop to binghamton Friday morning and a reservation at
CHENANGO VALLEY SP (i love reserve america). Saterday campers from Albany arrive and sunday clambake. Monday is descion day head north or head south head west east is nyc so east is out.
so much for planing LOL let the adventure begin!:)

Old 04-23-2003, 10:12 PM   #74

Hi Al,
what a trip you have planned. sounds like fun and family. good combo. Glad you joined us.

Old 04-26-2003, 07:30 AM   #75

update to a kats travle

Well Mac DeCat talked me in to going up to the north pole.
Personaly i think he hs been in to the cat nip. It will be nice to meet
some other Egg lovers and get some ideas on how to improve them .The week in between Binghamton clambake and Ann Wilke's get together will be spent in Mouse River Rec area Primitive camping
but it is free. I just hope it is not no-see-em season.;)

Old 04-26-2003, 11:21 PM   #76

2003 Trip

I have already been on my big 2003 trip. Sara and I spent 2 1/2 weeks visiting the southwest U.S. We spent time in the Gila Wilderness of New Mexico, camped in the Huachuca National Forest of Arizona, as well as hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back. Wow, what a vacation. All of this was done before I purchased our 1983 Burro. We used a small tent and everything was fine.

Jim G.

Old 04-27-2003, 08:58 AM   #77

Jim ... sounds like a good trip ... and sounds warmer than Michigan!

Pam and I used to tent camp long, long ago.

Hey, Steve Colli started a "remember when" thread about how we all used to camp.

Post some pix of your "last" tent camp ... now that you have your Burro! (Yeah!)

Old 04-27-2003, 12:44 PM   #78

what to see

Quote:
Orginally posted by norman and jean mulloy
Any car showsor cruise nights in sask or man. along #1 the week of the 22nd - 26th of June?
Jean
Hi again, Well in Winnipeg there are two cruise nights. One on June 22 at Pony Corral Restaurant on Pembina Hwy. at 6-10 p.m. And on june 25 at Pony Corral on St. Mary Ave. Dwtn. also 6-10 P.M. Would really suggest that you get through here a bit earlier and catch the Back to the 50`s in Minneapolis. A couple of years ago when we were there, there were over 8000 (no mistake, eight thousand) rods and customs and restos registered. This has to be the premier event of it`s type in North America. It`s on the June 20-22 weekend. I thought that being so close along your way that it would be ideal and just mind boogling...Benny