Whats your occupation - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #181

Name: Emily
Trailer: Future Scamp 5th Wheel owner
Ohio
I went to college and accomplished a BA in English and an MFA in Creative Writing. Graduate school was funded by an internship at my aunt's place of employment: a software company. That internship turned into a full time technical writing gig writing end user manuals and training materials, which has turned into 12 years experience so far in the computer software industry. I'm now product manager in a medium sized software company that creates software for low income housing agencies funded by HUD. We are a growing company, which means I wear many hats (jack of all trades, master of none as they say), and it can be very stressful. I also work at home and have two small children and I've become filled with wanderlust and am anxious to get out of my insular little world and explore and have adventures and give my kids experiences I never had as a kid. I can't wait to get out there!
My husband is a college English professor and has such a wonderful flexible work schedule and truly enjoys his job. I'm also going to try teaching a course next semester to see if I like it and if I do, I may make a career change... we shall see.
Bessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #182

Name: Harvey
Trailer: '84 Scamp 13' & 2001 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Arkansas
We've been retired (for sure) since the late 1990's. I retired after 20yrs in the USAF as an Air Traffic Control Supt., in 1977; then spent 15yrs as a 'cop'. I was Director of Public Safety for a small division/campus of the Arkansas Dept of Human Services where my wife worked as a Psychiatric Technician Nurse until we took 'early retirement' in 1992. I took part time jobs in security & courier work to pay for extra trips until '97 or '98. Since then I haven't 'hit a lick' at anything I don't want to. We do 'sit' a couple of infant great grand daughters 2-3 days a week which keeps us from getting to sedentary... If I'd known 'retirement' was this much fun I'd have done it earlier!
Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 08:03 AM   #183

Name: Ginny
Trailer: Escape
Alaska
Registry
I'm a high school special education teacher. Husband is a "can't wait to retire" engineer in the business of building power plants.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
GingerB is offline   Reply With Quote