Where did the 10' Eriba Trailer come from? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-14-2017, 01:18 AM   #1

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Where did the 10' Eriba Trailer come from?

Looks like a smaller Version of a Trillium and is for rent in Parksville right now comes with a pop up like a old split window Volks Wagon Westy? This is a real cute smallish trailer, have never seen one of these before does anyone know anything about them?
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Peter, the Eriba is not all-molded. It's an aluminum body with a fiberglass pop-top. I know there's several members here that have owned or currently own an Eriba, but you might have better luck asking any questions you have about the Eriba over at the Samba:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 07:32 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
There is a modern copycat version being manufactured in San Diego called the Meerkat.

There were also a couple of variations of the Eriba. The small one is the Puck. I have also seen a larger one called the Pan Familia, "the whole family."
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #4

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Thank-you Donna for the info and location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Peter, the Eriba is not all-molded. It's an aluminum body with a fiberglass pop-top. I know there's several members here that have owned or currently own an Eriba, but you might have better luck asking any questions you have about the Eriba over at the Samba:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/
: I did find out they were built to be towed behind the smallest of Vehicles out there and the VW Van that is not a westy.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler
Hymer is the parent company of the Eriba brand of Touring trailers. They come in a variety of sizes from 12' to around 18'. The Puck model is the smallest at around 12' and about 900 lbs. The Triton is about 16' and 1400 lbs. The really good news is that Hymer is introducing the Touring line of trailers to the USA this Spring. They have a new factory in Canada that is building the trailers on this side of the Atlantic. Deliveries are expected to start in March of 2017. Their new 18' trailer weighs 1936 lbs.

Here is a picture of the two Eriba trailers I've owned - Puck on the left , Triton on the right.

Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:48 PM   #6

Here's picture of the new Hymer Touring trailer

Old 02-15-2017, 10:23 PM   #7

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I don't care if it is aluminum, I have to say that it looks beautiful. It'll be interesting to see what the price tag will look like.

All the great options for smaller trailers make me wish I had the capital to set up an RV dealership here in Tulsa. There is no local competition in the small trailer category.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #8

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Walter View Post
Here's picture of the new Hymer Touring trailer

Wow that looks nice even if it isn't of the fiberglass family. Any pictures of the inside layout?
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:11 AM   #9

The Hymer representative said their prices will range from $20,000 to $29,000 and they will have 4 different models. The interiors of these trailers are extremely nice with wood finishes and quality components. I assume the prices are low because of the strength of the US dollar compared to the Canadian dollar and we'll be getting the trailers from their new Canadian factory.

Link to the trailers:
https://www.eriba.com/en/models/cara...a-touring.html

The trailer is an aluminum skin over a tubular steel frame with a fiberglass roof, very well insulated and double pane windows. I always refer to mine as a German Airstream. Compared to the new Parkliner (which is very nice but $30,000) the Hymer will completely blow it out of the water once you step inside one.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 AM   #10

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Nice!! Can't tell from the pix if there is a dedicated bed or not. Price and poundage right, that's for sure.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Nice!! Can't tell from the pix if there is a dedicated bed or not. Price and poundage right, that's for sure.
Some of the new models will have a dedicated bed and some will have a rear dinette/bed like mine. Look at the layouts on the link I provided before. The biggest one has a neat butterfly shaped permanent bed that makes it easier to get in and out of the bed. You sleep lengthwise in that model so nobody has to climb over their partner.

Here's the facebook page for Hymer USA

https://www.facebook.com/GoHymer/pho...87271387854970