Where is my Summer going - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2017, 03:53 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Where is my Summer going

Here it is only July 10 but with my 92 year old Mother-in-law in the hospital and my Dr. appointments for annual check-up and eyes, both our family get together, I'm looking at mid August before the wife and I will be able to take the Ladybug out for a few weeks......but already got 2 trips in the planning stage One to upstate Vermont and the other to Central New York.
Hope to see you on the trails
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #2

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I know what you mean. I have actually already spent 23 nights since May 15 in the trailer, but now I have nothing planned until the end of August. July and August are crabbing months so I don't usually plan weekend trips then (pots can be in the water Thurs-Mon). July and August are also usually visitor months for me. Add two repairs needed at home that I still haven't found someone to do. I do plan to make a quick trip or two but probably not until August.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:29 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
and the other to Central New York.
Sampson State Park ??
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Here it is only July 10 but with my 92 year old Mother-in-law in the hospital and my Dr. appointments for annual check-up and eyes, both our family get together, I'm looking at mid August before the wife and I will be able to take the Ladybug out for a few weeks......but already got 2 trips in the planning stage One to upstate Vermont and the other to Central New York.
Hi: Gerry... It's going the same place all the other ones have gone... only faster!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Sampson State Park ??
I've misplaced all my camping books so looks like a trip to AAA to get them again and to my local dealer to get the NY camping books. Thinking about doing some state parks around the Finger Lakes area.
Then head down to Maryland to a long-lost co-worker of my wifes' for a week then back home....this trip may take place in September when friends from here start to mosey back to their Florida home with their trailer.
Lot's of iffffssss right now.
Report good after wife saw her mom today so maybe a few nights at the local National Park campground can be attained.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #6

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Life gets inthe way...

This is getting to be a familiar refrain for a lot of us. Now that I seem to have extinguished the little fires in my life now my province is on fire. I'm not going to add to the chaos out there so maybe I'll just stay in the BF while it's parked in the driveway! Good time to practice with my new 'Camper Leveler . Hey it's a 1st world problem.
Keep smiling.
Derek
Vancouver Island.
burrorojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #7

Name: CAROL
Trailer: '79 Boler 1700
Manitoba
We are heading to Vancouver Island,BC in the next couple of weeks finally, but have to dodge the wildfires. Lots of road closures and it's taken us two years to finally get back on the road to the west. Sigh !!
CA Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
All I can say is monitor DriveBC.
Situation changes from moment to moment.
Old 07-10-2017, 02:58 PM   #9

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Nearly mid-June. We have nothing planned with Peanut until September. Then the Lynden Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally first part of the month, and Dash Point State Park 25 miles south of Seattle September 20-24 for the Seattle Area Gathering.

Good thread, gets me thinking about maybe including another trip this year, possibly following the SAG. .

BEST to all
Kai
Old 07-10-2017, 05:14 PM   #10

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Nearly mid-June. We have nothing planned with Peanut until September. Then the Lynden Mt. Baker Vintage Trailer Rally first part of the month, and Dash Point State Park 25 miles south of Seattle September 20-24 for the Seattle Area Gathering.

Good thread, gets me thinking about maybe including another trip this year, possibly following the SAG. .

BEST to all
Kai
You lost a month. Mid-July!
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #11

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
A benefit of being a fulltimer

Quote:
A benefit of being a full timer is that the family does not expect you to be present for birthdays, anniversaries, family get togethers. In the beginning I think they found our travel choice strange. Now the pictures we feedback of places, the look on our faces, and our improved health, say something about our choice.

We are careful to not let the requirements of our former life get in the way of our travels. Now we choose carefully where we want to be rather than just falling in line.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 05:57 PM   #12

Registry
"You lost a month. Mid-July!" --Bobbie Mayer

Oh, Snap! Wow, it IS mid-July! Riiiiiiight! That's why the neighbors set off all those explosions the other night, eh?

I'd better pull it together!

Thanks, Bobbie!

Kai
Old 07-11-2017, 03:50 AM   #13

you must be on Mid Summers savings time.....Now there an idea I can wrap my head around
Old 07-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #14

Registry
Mid Summer's savings time--

72 degrees F today, a fine breeze, enough sun to be perfect but not so much as to burn away all happiness...I could use time like this saved! Wish I had a barrel full of it! Wish I could predict it (imagine being able to forecast the weather) and use it when I was planning camping trips!

Kai
Old 07-13-2017, 02:21 PM   #15

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Looking at staying near High Springs to tube the Ichetucknee this month. Problems...Tow vehicle doesn't want to shift out of first, need that fixed first, Fluid levels okay.
Old 07-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #16

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Low this morning was 46 degrees , high today 61 degrees .
My kind of summer weather .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:15 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Low this morning was 46 degrees , high today 61 degrees .
My kind of summer weather .
From the hills of Maine, I love it too but I do not like to hear the house boiler running on the 14th of July so I lit the woodstove yesterday....no humidity was nice and wish I had a load of logs to start cutting, for year 2018 firewood. Can't camp, might as well do something other then watch tomatoes grow and pick blueberries.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #18

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Save your Battery

Our three year old Honda Odyssey would not start one day in Newfoundland, It turned out that our 'Maintenance Free Battery had failed. It turns out that most Maintenance Free Batteries use up their water and lose the ability to hold a charge. I took the label off that said Maintenance Free and pried the fill cps off and used some dehumidifier condensed water provided by a Newfoundlander and problem gone.

We returned to the States this week and I bought a bottle of distilled water. I checked the car's battery and then went and checked the trailer's battery. The car was fine but the trailer battery, also maintenance free, needed a literal quart of water.

These batteries are not maintenance free, just difficult to maintain because you now need to remove the maintenance free label and pry the caps off with a fine bladed screwdriver and fill each cell. I carry a turkey baster with me to aid in the fill process.

My previous car had the same problem after 3 years. Topping the water off added another 3 years to it's life.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:58 AM   #19

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Looking at staying near High Springs to tube the Ichetucknee this month. Problems...Tow vehicle doesn't want to shift out of first, need that fixed first, Fluid levels okay.
Hopefully an inexpensive repair.

On Fords and one International Harvester school bus have seen a vacuum leak on the little pot bolted to the outside of the transmission cause an inability to shift up. Might go up a gear but can't stay there and drops back down. Ford uses vacuum to operate a lot of stuff and a leak in one of those other hoses can cause the same sort of symptoms but that pot is a likely candidate and cheap part, easily replaced, easily checked.

Easy check is to look for the black rubber vacuum line going to that pot on the transmission. Pull the line off at the trans, the idle should get worse from sucking air into vacuum line BUT not if it is already leaking. Cover end of line with thumb, idle gets better you need another vacuum pot.

Also the passing gear plunger on the side of GM transmission can cause that issue. Follow cable to little plunger, pull plunger back and let it snap back a few times. There is a valve there that can get crud on it and the crud causes valve to not seal, that allows fluid pressure to go to wrong path, so it can't shift up. Had a friend looking at a trans shop that was going to ding him for $900 repair. Snapped that plunger a few times and all fixed. His uncle worked at GM proving grounds and I guess it is a known issue on the Suburbans and some other models.

Have seen stick shifts that the adjustment nut come loose. That nut adjust the rods between shift lever and transmission, too far in one direction and can't move the levers on the transmission to the right positions to allow shifting.

Good luck, me I'm trying to track down the last leak in the front end so I can put the couch back in. Would you believe someone put rivets in the window weep holes? Water comes in at the window frame then flows out that seam on the bottom from inside the track, or track overflows.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:08 PM   #20

Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Ca Douglas...was absolutely great to meet both of you! You are correct in saying Boler owners are great people as you both are awesome! Your trailer is amazing and so nice to see how much you two love it. Safe travels to you and have fun on the island with your son... ... Dean, Wendy and Bella .
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote