Where'a the Walmart thread? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
Where'a the Walmart thread?

Darn it...I just got back from making some popcorn and was waiting to come back and read some more ...this is supposed to be like Cheers...fun and not to serious....more entertaining.

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
Old 02-01-2016, 02:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Every time a thread gets interesting somebody usually makes a complaint to the moderators and they yank'em off the forum. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. No hard feelings.
Old 02-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
Registry
You also Greg...heck that is why we are American's....allowed to have different views and opinions..but all in all ...we are all striving for the same thing.

Hey ..how's the weather in Washington (my mom and sister live in Vancouver WA)..we are expecting 8 inches of snow tomorrow.

(2) Big Green Eggs for cooking..(1) Egg for camping
Old 02-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
We've been in mostly a rainy pattern which has been pretty steady for about the last 2 months, but we do occasionally get a short break. We got 2" of rain the other day just overnight. (People from western WA don't tan, we rust!) This has been a record rainfall year due to the "El Nino" weather in the Pacific. Could be worse though when I watch the news of the wierd weather going on all around the country. I can deal with the rain. Lucky that the snow has been relegated mainly to the mountains, but the highway passes have been playing hell trying to keep up with the snow accumulation and avalanche abatement. Passes have been shut down quite a bit this winter.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:19 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Taboo threads. #1 toilet

#2 tow ratings

#3 wallmart camping
Old 02-01-2016, 04:34 PM   #6

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Just when I was ready to pontificate and wax eloquent on the legal definitions of and differences between "boon-docking" and "land-squatting" (the latter being exhibited in the appalling video posted in the previous thread). Oh well, I'll get another shot at it when Taboo Thread #3 rears it's ugly head again in the future, and I'm sure it will....
Old 02-01-2016, 04:52 PM   #7

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
The Wal-Mart thread was taken out of service so moderators could attempt to decide which of the insulting, derogatory, and mean remarks were tongue in cheek and which were actually intended as written thus making them well outside the community forums rules on polite discourse.

Frankly an unpleasant task that will get put off while moderators attempt to understand through long period of contemplation why people can't refrain from posting if they are not going to say something nice.

Tough to get motivated to respond to the number of complaints about the thread in order to clean things up and manually edit it to remove the offensive parts in order to keep the rest when members should be able to self moderate better than that thread demonstrates.

Who knows you might end up neighbors in a campground or Wal-Mart parking lot and would be a bummer to not like each other because of stuff said here. Would kind of hope for the opposite outcome from forum posts.
Old 02-01-2016, 05:08 PM   #8

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Ah, nobody's got my spot for tonite.
Attached Thumbnails
Wally1.jpg  
Closed Thread