Who knows what this is? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #21

Name: Neville
Trailer: Trails West Campster
Ida Home
Update

Quote "Yeah, the cabinets should be fiberglass. (Molded fiberglass, extra-moldy!) If you feel like offering him a grand or $1500, fine, and if he says no, he can keep it.
Sheesh, some people just don't take care of their stuff." Unquote

Finally got a reply on a face to face. "Call my Dad @ 208-704-5028, he can show you the trailer"
Call Dad who tells me it's a Scamp and ask what it's listed for. Tell him $4500 which is way to high. Tells me "It's a bit high but not way too high. I have had 2-300 of these and it's not high" Then he hung up on me <_<

The water stains? Not leaks just condensation, it's been sitting for 15 years somewhere.

So, anyone want it, it is in Couer d'Alene, ID The Dad's number is above, here is the FB Marketplace link
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4800856371749/

Have fun!
Villen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've seen worse, a whole lot worse for sale (and sold) for more than that. The windows are all there, the glass isn't broken. Looks like all the appliances are there.. maybe... whether they work or not? The body looks in good shape. Who knows about the frame and floor without a visual inspection though.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:33 PM   #23

Ida Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I've seen worse, a whole lot worse for sale (and sold) for more than that. The windows are all there, the glass isn't broken. Looks like all the appliances are there.. maybe... whether they work or not? The body looks in good shape. Who knows about the frame and floor without a visual inspection though.

I am sure there are a lot worse out there. I just know the limits to my patience and my budget. To inspect the frame and floor you need to be able to see the trailer. Who knows if appliances are there let alone work. It might very well an easy project but I just cant get to see it to make that decision. There comes a time when I decide if they want to sell it, contact me.

BTW, they still call it a Scamp.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:17 AM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Who knows what this is?

Patience and budget are inversely related, as in less budget requires more patience, and vice-versa. I figure in the current situation, all campers have a couple months’ “patience” ahead of them to get some renovation done before campgrounds start to open up again.

Perris Pacers are one of the nicer 13’ers. With this one it comes down to the floor, frame & axle, wall lining, and title status. Perhaps you could arrange an inspection by a local RV tech? That could save you from a mess, or give you some negotiating leverage to move forward.

In the current market, time is in your favor.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 09:05 PM   #25

Ida Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Patience and budget are inversely related, as in less budget requires more patience, and vice-versa. I figure in the current situation, all campers have a couple months’ “patience” ahead of them to get some renovation done before campgrounds start to open up again.

Perris Pacers are one of the nicer 13’ers. With this one it comes down to the floor, frame & axle, wall lining, and title status. Perhaps you could arrange an inspection by a local RV tech? That could save you from a mess, or give you some negotiating leverage to move forward.

In the current market, time is in your favor.

I have come to the conclusion that I will ride this one out and see what happens. I guess I got thru to them on the price. It became $2500 and they offered to clean it out. I offered to buy it without cleaning and they came back with $2000 as is. I agreed to that subject to my inspection.

When I finally got face to face the price had risen to $2500. So I inspected anyway. The way I look at it, what I will be buying is the Fiberglass, windows and the frame/axle. Nothing wood or fabric is worth anything except as patterns. I would probably replace the axle and even the wheels. I am sticking to my price of $2000. Any issues with paperwork I will happily walk. I do like the condition of the shell and feel I could make something good out of this. Now I just have to wait and see whether they will get with the program or I keep looking.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:52 PM   #26

Name: Kenneth
Trailer: Scamp
Wisconsin
Registry
Thankyou for remidinding me of the 1970s

[QUOTE=Jon in AZ;772701]Patience and budget are inversely related, as in less budget requires more patience, and vice-versa.

This one was almost as popular as "keep on Truckn'"
Attached Thumbnails
patience.jpg  
AC0GV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #27

Ida Home
The Saga ends

Well, this episode ends here. After agreeing to sell it to me for $2000, they sold it to someone else for $2500. I am not heartbroken as I was looking at the cost of new appliances, new wheels and tires, new axle and new cushions. AND new wall covering and flooring. . I am just not into indoor/outdoor carpeting for either of those. The result would have been worth it in the long run.
As I said, not heartbroken, just disappointed. I'll get over it.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:57 PM   #28

Name: ROY AND BETH
Trailer: BIGFOOT 21 FB
Florida
Registry
Unless you get a much better price and like to work on trailers, walk away from this dog. For 5,000 bucks you can get an older Casita in good condition that doesn't need any work or leak or smell bad
nefldiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:34 PM   #29

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefldiver View Post
Unless you get a much better price and like to work on trailers, walk away from this dog. For 5,000 bucks you can get an older Casita in good condition that doesn't need any work or leak or smell bad

Read the previous post
For the full story
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 04:29 PM   #30

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Check the bolts that hold body to the frame
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:10 PM   #31

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villen View Post
Well, this episode ends here. After agreeing to sell it to me for $2000, they sold it to someone else for $2500. I am not heartbroken as I was looking at the cost of new appliances, new wheels and tires, new axle and new cushions. AND new wall covering and flooring. . I am just not into indoor/outdoor carpeting for either of those. The result would have been worth it in the long run.
As I said, not heartbroken, just disappointed. I'll get over it.
+10 Don't feel bad about "missing out". I looked at two Trilliums when I was hunting a Trillium. Both had SERIOUS floor rot, roof sag, extensive damage. So I passed on them. Both sold a week or two later. Still waiting for those buyers to appear here to ask what to do with the trouble they bought....

It really took me far too long to learn its OK to walk away. I know my limitations, maybe others are handier, or maybe they have lower standards, or maybe they made a big mistake. Whatever, I no longer worry about a deal I missed.

No need to check bolts on a trailer you didn't buy....
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote