Who Still Makes MFGRV's - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I was under the impression that only Casita and Scamp were still in production. By chance, I came across the Burro site today and I liked what I saw. Can anyone tell me which companies are still in production?

Bob Pierce
Bob Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Check out this page from our Help-ful Links page. The links will take you directly to the brands manufacturers

Molded Fiberglass Trailer Brand Manufacturers
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Bob... don't send any money for a deposit to Burro. They're out of business and have been for four or five years now.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17G) / Chevy Astro AWD
Quote:
I was under the impression that only Casita and Scamp were still in production. By chance, I came across the Burro site today and I liked what I saw. Can anyone tell me which companies are still in production?

Bob Pierce
3 of the 5 remaining manufacturers are located on our side of the border (Canada) !

Yves.
Yves Pelchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #5

Thanks for the quick replies. I can't understand why a Burro site would still be up and running if they have been out of business that long - buyer beware. Recently there was some information on the "new" Trillium manufacturer going to open production in California. Does anyone still have the web address for that site?

Bob Pierce
Old 02-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies. I can't understand why a Burro site would still be up and running if they have been out of business that long - buyer beware. Recently there was some information on the "new" Trillium manufacturer going to open production in California. Does anyone still have the web address for that site?

Bob Pierce
Bob, here is a discussion by Tom Young who is involved in the new startup:
Trillium owners in California

and:
Quote:
For those interested, the website will be upgraded & updated shortly. (It's a big job.)
Web: TrilliumRV.com
email: TrilliumRV@netscape.net
Old 02-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #7

Thanks. You guys are the best.

Bob Pierce
Old 02-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #8

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
After this and other topics have included the definitive statement that there are only five (or six) companies currently (or soon to be) building moulded fiberglass travel trailers in North America, I picked up a Trailer Life buyer's guide, and found the Little Joe is still listed. In Google I could only find dealers with functional websites, but various sources list
Weis Craft Custom Designs
17180 W. Highway 72
Arvada, CO 80007
Phone: (303) 421-3871

The phone number is out of service, and Google reported a couple of web sites (Weis Craft and MallMerchant/Weis) which are down, so it looks like they're gone; however, dealers offer the product and someone listed it in that buyer's guide, so they must have been around recently.

Does anybody know what the status of this product is? It doesn't even show up in the FiberglassRV home page list of known types in history, let alone in the Albums.

From the buyer's guide listing and dealer web sites (e.g. Five Star RV), this is a very small unit, with the rear door and front dinette typical of the size.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:41 AM   #9

Trailer: '74 Ventura
LINK: http://fivestarrv.com/weis-craft/littlejoe/index.htm
Greetings -

I called the dealer appx. two weeks ago - they have ONE in stock and if you order one delivery is appx three weeks - they will also make them in "custom colors" besides white.
IF you go to the dealer web site - you will note very few options - and of course NO PRICE

"IF" I recall though the base price was $7495 - the sales person, wasn't exactly "friendly" and had to look everything up (which seemed like a chore) - so between his "attitude" and what I felt isn't a very good value, I dropped the idea on this one.

NOT to high jack the thread - This is my first post here - though I have "lurked" a very long time - and I really have learned a lot from ALL of you - THANK YOU

We are having a hard time trying to figure out what we want - mebbe a camper for the pick up (thinking a pop up style camper) BUT we also would like to have something that we could tow with the truck or our Jeep Wrangler (thus our interest in that little joe trailer) so anyways - now you know a bit about us and I hope I was a bit of help on this topic - (hope the links works)
Click image for larger version

Name:	littlejoe_exterior.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1245

Moderator's note: Link is fixed.
ttmatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #10

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Does anybody know what the status of this product is? It doesn't even show up in the FiberglassRV home page list of known types in history, let alone in the Albums.

From the buyer's guide listing and dealer web sites (e.g. Five Star RV), this is a very small unit, with the rear door and front dinette typical of the size.
This is the same as the [b]Lite House that listed and in the albums. Weis Craft came on the scene after Lite House liquidated in bankruptcy.
Old 02-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #11

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
...just don't attempt to build a back porch with an outhouse. That has proven to be a bad idea.
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:08 PM   #12

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
This is the same as the [b]Lite House that listed and in the albums. Weis Craft came on the scene after Lite House liquidated in bankruptcy.
Thanks Frederick. Of course this is obvious now looking at the photos. There are a number of detail changes, such as much larger wheels and tires on the Weis Craft verison, as well as different spare tire mounting and an A-frame (Weis Craft) versus pole (Lite House) tongue - maybe I can plead distraction by those tiny little Lite House wheels! Even the propane tank on the Lite House looks like a little 8-pound thing.

I find it interesting that the Weis Craft's phone is disconnected but one of their dealers was quoting factory-order delivery times two weeks ago - perhaps they just shut down.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 05:15 PM   #13

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Welcome TT!

Interesting that they DO actually still make the little joe! We will have to add that to our albums.

In my searches for a small trailer to tow with my element, I ran acroos Little Joes on the net, but didn't get any answers from weis craft. I just assumed they went away like so many others.

Yes, these are small, but seem "Elegant" for what they are. They have an open floor plan which helps. That price isn't anymore outragious than the newer 13 footers are and you have to remember, these are probably aso a custum order, so they upcharge for the novelty.

Aliners similarly equiped, but at what looks like lesser quality are in this price range, or more.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 PM   #14

Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp and 1990 16 ft Scamp and 1996 Palomino Filly and 1985 Palimino Stallion
Quote:
Check out this page from our Help-ful Links page. The links will take you directly to the brands manufacturers

Molded Fiberglass Trailer Brand Manufacturers

AWESOME!!! I can see us driving to Chilliwack(sp) now
Great info and many different brands I hadn't considered.
Thanks soo much, G
Georgana D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Paul Kaplan Send a message via Yahoo to Paul Kaplan
Quote:
AWESOME!!! I can see us driving to Chilliwack(sp) now
Great info and many different brands I hadn't considered.
Thanks soo much, G
Has anyone heard anything is Weis Craft is still making the Little Joe or any other trailers?
Paul Kaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:42 AM   #16

Trailer: 2008 19 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe 5th Wheel
Donna -

Being here in Sacramento, I looked into Trillium a bit more. With "everything" in the tank, Trillium is having a bit of a time getting started up. Of course, Calif has so much environmental regs... well, that only makes matters MORE difficult! They are having a tough go. He is planning to have a few units available later this year.

Alan W.

Quote:
Bob, here is a discussion by Tom Young who is involved in the new startup:
Trillium owners in California

and:

Alan Weinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #17

Guess who was at the Oregon Gathering this year? Tom Young himself. He brought a brand new Trillium... but it wasn't finished, not even close. But it looks like he's on the path to gear up the manufacturing. I know lots of folks are interested!
Old 07-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #18

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
And then, there are the "new" guys on the block... Oliver Travel Trailers in Hohenwald, TN... We love ours! Just finished four weeks up the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Skyline Drive thru Shenendoah National Park, starting with a week camping in western North Carolina/Eastern Tennessee. After four weeks in the mountains, the weather here in Florida seems so hot.... Looking forward to the opportunity to go back!
olivertraveltrailers.com and oliverforums.com
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote