wide posts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
wide posts

Hi all, just wanted to comment on some of the posts that are so wide you have to use your arrow to move it so you can read it all. I've asked one of the moderators about it and it seems to be the settings the OP uses on their computor and not the FGRV site and all the responces that follow have the same width. From what I have seen it is new members to the site. They are making/asking good comments/questions for help but I tend not to read them because of having to go back and forth to read it. Gee, I may have had an answer for them . What I'm saying to newbies is if you see your post isn't in the standard width you may want to change it to fit the sites parameters. We all want to help our moulded friends. Just make it easier on us . And again, just my two cents worth.
Safe travels to you.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
I hope I'm not an offender, Dave. Please let me know if I am. I just switched to an Apple IOS and am suffering with some growing pains. That said, all the posts on my laptop appear the same size. New or old, all the same. In fact even in my old lurker days on Windows based computers, I never experienced that. I'm curious to see how wide spread the problem is. Thanks for the heads up.

BTW, on my screen, the post box to include the personal data space take up about 2/3rd of the screen on the left. Ads and "Recent discussions" take up 1/3rd of the right side of the screen.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Dave,
I've noticed that the "wide" threads have at least a single a post in them where a group of pictures are spread across the row. Might be something as simple as making sure the attachment list gets inserted as a column of no more than 2 attachements in a row.

E.g.
Wide thread: Text followed by pictures.
Attachment1 Attachment2 Attachment3 Attachment4 Attachment5 Attachment6

Normal thread: Text followed by pictures.
Attachment1 Attachment2
Attachment3 Attachment4
Attachment5 Attachment6
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Dave, do you have an example of just a thread?

My first thought was along the line of Roy's, in that it is photos attached. I link to my photos, as opposed to attaching them, and they get automatically resized for the thread, but you can click on them for full size. Text too gets automatically sized in column width.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote