Will it NEVER end - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2007, 04:16 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Last Sunday we had our first B-B-QUE of the spring with most of the snow melted out of the front yard and easy access to the gazibo and I almost got Lacy-Bug from down back to the front so spring cleaning and maintainace would be easier but there was a bit more snow on the access road to do so and now...now... NOW
Here in Western Maine we got 14 inches of the white heavy snow that will not take long to melt but with nothing but soft dirt under the snow it makes quite a mess tryng to clear the driveway.
It is not the fact that we got the snow. after all if it was January or even March this would be just another day but in April this is getting alittle rediculous.
All in all this has been a good winter and I am remembering how in late December and even into January we were still keeping the bedroom window open all night as the temps were only into the mid 40's so I guess we'll have to take it or move somewhere else.
Gerry the canoebuilder
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Gerry...Get out your best winter parka if you are going to "The Easter Parade"
Alf S North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
And what is really frustrating is the new Uhaul on our parking pad just waiting to be cleaned and fixed up and it has become too cold to work on it. But I can't resist measuring the windows for curtains.

CindyL in Chicago where temp is 27 degrees.
Attached Thumbnails
Both_trailers.jpg   big_tank.jpg  

front_table_2.jpg  
Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Hi: Gerry...Get out your best winter parka if you are going to "The Easter Parade"
Alf S North shore of Lake Erie

Where else but in Maine can a person go out and play 18 holds of golf one weekend and the weekend AFTER go skeing on some of the best snow we had all year...
I do not play golf or ski so that just leaves me wishing the Boler was parked closer to the front yard so I wouldn't have to put on snowshoes to get to her .
Gerry the canoebuilder
PS...Alf or anyone,I got a canoe that has a scratch in it if your son would like one at a concideralbe discount.
contact me at Noreaster@fairpoint.net
Old 04-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #5

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
I'll never forget my aunt and uncle in Maine showing me photos of their house one year. The photo was taken on a May 30 after a 16" snowfall!
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Got up to a 'toasty' 75 degrees here today HI atop Iron Mountain in B.C. Canada.

Got the small details of the inside of the Trillium scuffed for paint today and got a real wood fire going today in our firepit (as opposed to the propane fire pit we use in less than ideal weather conditions) to have a hellish hot fire for later this evening.

Threw half a side of bovine and 1/4 side o hog on the barbee and just finished all that off .

This weather is just a glitch as we are supposed to return to more normal temps tomorrow ~ ~
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:51 PM   #7

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
All in all this has been a good winter and I am remembering how in late December and even into January we were still keeping the bedroom window open all night as [b]the temps were only into the mid 40's so I guess we'll have to take it or move somewhere else.
Gerry the canoebuilder
snow? I used to remember what snow was like.

Mid 40's? Where's my heavy coat? Brrrrr

San Diego
Old 04-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #8

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Kristen Beck Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen Beck
Hate to rub it in,
today I was sitting in the drive through at the local credit union and in the shade the thermo. read 82 degrees. Had a wonderful Thunderstorm this evening and it smells so good outside. Like we say in oregon, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes it will change! Best of luck on the spring cleaning

Kristen Beck
Medford Oregon
Kristen Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #9

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Registry
Yep...two weeks ago it was 21 degrees outside (celsius) grass was actually turning green in spots, and we were talking about pulling the Oxygen out of storage and giving it the spring polish and figured we'd do it the next week. Along comes Thursday and then 3 DAYS OF STORM WARNINGS! That's all we saw on the weather channel. Wouln't you know it...a foot of snow. Now it's cold again. It's not cooling down for another week and this snow isn't going anywhere!

May long weekend...coming soon....can't wait. We'll head down to the twin cities where the leaves should all be out by then.
Trevor and Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:50 AM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Easter morning here in Reading PA and had a dusting of snow and 28 degrees...... there goes casita cleanup.....hmmm Maybe next week?
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #11

Trailer: 1996 13 ft Scamp
Send a message via AIM to John Perry
Is this global warming or the beginning of a new ice age?

I am not complaining as my trailer is not buried under the snow as some of yous are.
I live in the mts. at about the 3000 ft. level in Central California. Last weeek it was in the mid 70s which is about normal. Today we have high wind warnings and it is snowing. Last Sunday, returning from Grand Junction Co., I was driving in a blizzard.
Whats happening?

John
John Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM   #12

Registry
Oak Park, IL !!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #13

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Quote:
Oak Park, IL !!
I have a pal who lives near Chicago. He's been miserable the past couple of weeks with all of the cold temperatures and blowing snow. Alas.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #14

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
... was going to add something snotty from Virginia Beach, having lived in Maine for about 5 years in the early 70s -- then we had two inches of SNOW on the Sat before Easter. Guess the Great One upstairs was reminding about that "casting the first stone" sort of thing.

Gerry - I feel your pain, but not in the back from using the "freezy skid stuff" manual remover.

Ed
Ed Felker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Actually,its very nice up North where i am.All the snow in my yard is gone,so things are looking up.
I just had to say that
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 PM   #16

Registry
The poor UHaul is covered with streaks made with melted snow and sappy stuff from the maple. Kind of mixed messages.

But they are predicting sun and 50 degrees tomorrow. So a good day to take Formula 409 to the inside of Li'l Jenny (Burro) and Howie (UHaul). I just bought curtains for Howie too, so think I will hang them tomorrow.

CindyL
Old 04-12-2007, 06:09 PM   #17

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Quote:
Actually,its very nice up North where i am.All the snow in my yard is gone,so things are looking up.
I just had to say that

We were doing yard work end of February -- (brag, brag Northern brag) then it snowed end of March and closed all the roads. Power was out. Friends had gas fireplaces or stoves but we had the Boler -- anyone for hot soup for breakfast?

CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #18

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
We were doing yard work end of February -- (brag, brag Northern brag) then it snowed end of March and closed all the roads. Power was out. Friends had gas fireplaces or stoves but we had the Boler -- anyone for hot soup for breakfast?

I never thought of that up side of having the trailer. We went through a number of days without power this year due to high winds and trees falling. No gas stove or gas fireplace in the house. Was cooking off my camp stove in the cold out on the deck..... old wood burning fireplace did not do well at warming up the house either. Now I know were I will be going to sleep next winter should it happen again! :-)

Here in North Vancouver on March 31st it was very warm and we were out in our shorts working in the garden. The next day it snowed.... go figure.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 04:41 AM   #19

Gonna make this short as I need to get out and start again, removeing the 9 inches of snow that came yesterday.
I have had enough with the lose of power with late snows being so heavy, I went and got a generator yesterday and almost made it home before the storm nit and it took me 2 hours to travel the 40 miles back home from Portland ME.
I should have known something was wrong when I seen 2 flocks of Canadian Geese flying south a few weeks ago .
Another big Nor'Easter due on Sunday and Monday.
Hey Nor'Easter is the name of my Canoe bussiness, Wonder Why
Gerry the canoebuilder