Winter Route From Portland to Lake Mead - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-13-2023, 12:02 AM   #21

Name: Perry
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ
Lanesboro, Minnesota, between Whalan and Fountain
We were in Victoria today. We’re held hostage by our import broker that can’t seem to get us the ACE Manifest we need to license the trailer in Minnesota. We’ve been promised tomorrow, but I’ll believe it when it happens.

We’ve already enjoyed the treat of going through Seattle north to the border. It would be nice to go to Port Angeles, but that border crossing doesn’t accept an ACE Manifest so will be going down to Seattle to get to Portland, since we’re importing the 25RQ into the US.

Enjoy,

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
You've already got good comment on routes south. Just wanted to add that if you choose 101 or I-5, start out with 101 at least, rather than slogging through Seattle on I-5 which is a real treat (NOT). Personally, I like 101 all the way but haven't done it in the winter.

I live in Victoria, right beside Sidney, BC on Vancouver Island and suggest you take the Coho ferry from our downtown terminal to Port Angeles, Washington. This gets you right on the 101 directly and you skirt Seattle by going down the west side of Hood Canal - but I expect you may know all this.

Safe travels! (I'm envious)

Previous Eggs -2018 Escape 5.0 TA, 2001 Scamp 16' Side Bath, 2007 Casita 17' Spirit basic, no bath, water or tanks, 2003 Bigfoot 25B25RQ, that we regreted selling
Perryb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 12:23 PM   #22

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
FYI......just South of Bandon, Oregon on HWY 101 they had a massive road drop......apparently in some places the road dropped 12 ft.....there are no detours around the slide.....as of yesterday.....they did not know when 101 would be back open. The pictures do not look good.......a work around is gonna be an issue.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 01:36 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
FYI......just South of Bandon, Oregon on HWY 101 they had a massive road drop......apparently in some places the road dropped 12 ft.....there are no detours around the slide.....as of yesterday.....they did not know when 101 would be back open. The pictures do not look good.......a work around is gonna be an issue.
ODOT expect to open ONE lane sometime later today: https://kcby.com/news/local/one-lane...ion-landslide#
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:37 AM   #24

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
ODOT expect to open ONE lane sometime later today: https://kcby.com/news/local/one-lane...ion-landslide#
Those folks do a really great job keeping the roads open.....apparently the ground is still moving and more weather is expected......be careful if travelling in that area.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:29 PM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybob View Post
Those folks do a really great job keeping the roads open.....apparently the ground is still moving and more weather is expected......be careful if travelling in that area.
Yes they do! Looks like the one lane was opened yesterday: https://kcby.com/news/local/us-101-r...ing-landslide#
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote