Wonderful Maine Lake Region - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2007, 05:32 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD

Click image for larger version

Name:	Height_of_Land.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	10256
Just got back from a week spent in the lakes region of Maine and want to let everone know that Rangely Lake State Park is one of the BEST campgrounds we have ever been to.
Although no electric or site water, every site is clean, the rest-rooms spotless, free hot showers and sites are level and none are too far away from a rest-room.
Has mariener / picknick area / softball field / volleyball nets / swimming beach / and all for $10 a night Maine residence or $14 for non-residends.
Hated to leave this campground after just 2 nights but was on a round about trip checking out 2 other campgrounds and my reports are:\
South Arm Campground
Although it may be great in season, off season they kept turning off the power when they figured it got too expensive to run thier generator, I was depending on thier power to make my single battery last. A whole letter could be writen about this place and what happend but I get long winded.
Rangely Lake State Park
The Best of the Best, The only problem that I can find out for the 2 days we were there was the smoke from the fire got in my eyes.
Umbago Lake:
Would not come here again, nice view but real expensive for what you get has elec+water but not worth the $29.
Has beach / mariener / cloths dryers but no washers / only one site realy good was site #33
it was off water so only $24 and this is what they all should be.
Also must be a bit dirty because alot of flies around even though it is late September and windy.
My thoughts.... Come to Maine in the Fall
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote