Wyoming, Montana, South/North Dakota? 4th of July trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #1

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Thumbs up

Howdy! Well, the 4th of July is soon here and I'm getting the itch to get out of here to find some Big Sky country!

It would be fantastic to explore the central and northwestern part of South Dakota since I'll soon be a resident of that state. But, since we have 4 days, I'd really love to see Wyoming or Montana.

I'd love to have a view of the mountains, but, seek quiet and privacy, difficult to find, I know. It would be a dream to be able to set up my easel and paint the days away.
There are campgrounds like this in Minnesota, they are just a bit hidden. So, if any of you have a gem of a campground that you could share with me, I'd so appreciate an email or PM if you don't want to post it here.

Any ideas and all help most appreciated!!! Help me escape?!?!?
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #2

Trailer: Boler 1984
Spend a day at The Charlie Russell Museum, home of the cowboy artist, and the Lewis and Clarke Exhibit in Great Falls Montana. You won't regret the time there. You may want to spend a couple of days. There's also a buffalo jump nearby. Wall Drugs at Wall S Dakota is a must. It's just outside the Badlands Nat Park and it's a good drive with super scenery.
Just go and take your time we spent about a month in those states and loved every minute of it. Wife would move there but she hasn't seen their winters.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:15 PM   #3

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Quote:
Spend a day at The Charlie Russell Museum, home of the cowboy artist, and the Lewis and Clarke Exhibit in Great Falls Montana. You won't regret the time there. You may want to spend a couple of days. There's also a buffalo jump nearby. Wall Drugs at Wall S Dakota is a must. It's just outside the Badlands Nat Park and it's a good drive with super scenery.
Just go and take your time we spent about a month in those states and loved every minute of it. Wife would move there but she hasn't seen their winters.
Hello, James!
Thanks for the information. I know of Charlie Russell, that's a good tip! I've been on several sites of the Lewis and Clark Trail. Friends of ours actually did the entire trail! That would be so cool to do someday! I'll look into Great Falls.

I love the Badlands, more than Needles Highway or Spearfish. There is a true mysterious air about that place. It's only 3.5 hours from where I live now and we've been there lots of times. It always amazes me that people actually went through that land in wagons!
I have a beautiful house for sale if you would like to live nearer it!

My home for sale!

Seriously, thanks for the help!

Anyone else have something to add?

Cheers!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote