2008 Trilliums - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2008, 11:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Trillium
Anyone know the link between the Canadian Trillium Outback (Calgary?) and the California New Trillium (Sacramento?)

Where can one purchase a new unit and is there any difference in pricing between the US and Canadian models?

Are they factory direct or is there a dealer network?
Bogdan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:51 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft / Chevy Astrovan
There was a recent discussion on this:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...rillium+website
Connie M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 08:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Bogdan,

I have heard positive things about the Canadian Trillium Outback manufacturer - it's great they are producing parts for the older Trilliums as well as their own.

I know that on Vancouver Island Southwest RV is selling the Outback, they brought in 2 or 3 that were advertised on their website. They were around 18k MSRP and they were selling them close to 16k. There was a 2005 Outback in Washington state that went for $8500 this spring that I missed out on =(

Here is a 2002 Trillium in my town that has been advertised for the past couple of months. I don't know if it's still for sale. If you could talk them down to 9k then you are paying 1/2 price from a new one and really these trailers are designed to last a lifetime (I was 4 when my 1972 left the factory). I would be willing to stop by and take pictures if you find they still it have for sale - it's on my way home.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like the Southwest RV ones might be American models. Here is the original link I had found

Cheers,
Booker
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium
Quote:
Hi Bogdan,

I have heard positive things about the Canadian Trillium Outback manufacturer - it's great they are producing parts for the older Trilliums as well as their own.

I know that on Vancouver Island Southwest RV is selling the Outback, they brought in 2 or 3 that were advertised on their website. They were around 18k MSRP and they were selling them close to 16k. There was a 2005 Outback in Washington state that went for $8500 this spring that I missed out on =(

Here is a 2002 Trillium in my town that has been advertised for the past couple of months. I don't know if it's still for sale. If you could talk them down to 9k then you are paying 1/2 price from a new one and really these trailers are designed to last a lifetime (I was 4 when my 1972 left the factory). I would be willing to stop by and take pictures if you find they still it have for sale - it's on my way home.

EDIT: Whoops, looks like the Southwest RV ones might be American models. Here is the original link I had found

Cheers,
Booker

Booker...

Thanks for the info... we are torn between restoring a nice 1974 Trillium 1300 recently purchased or buying a new Canadian or US unit. The 74 is on modified raised suspension (leaf springs) that we would like to change back to original torsion bar. I received an email from Trillium USA that I may be able to pick up a new frame in WA at their supplier. I wonder if the trend for buying US cars at the weak US dollar is the same for RVs.

Bogdan
Bogdan D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I understand your dilemma. I spent some time deciding if I wanted to take on that trailer when I had no idea how to lower it again.

We could afford to purchase a new Trillium but there is so much more character in the old ones that I tend to overlook the amount of work that is required to restore them - even with our clean 1976 I am looking at a gelcoat restore and fiberglass repair, rebuild or replacement of the rockscreen, new flooring and cabinet doors and some electrical fixes and upgrades. Eventually the upholstery and cushions will need to be done, all in all a couple of thousand dollars and a lot of man hours.

The plus side is we will end up with OUR trailer, not a generic RV right out of the factory. I find the newer Trilliums (nice as they are) a bit impersonal and I just would not feel comfortable doing mods on a new $$$ trailer.

On a side note, Trillium Calgary has full frames/axles with electric brakes for sale - more of a drive for you but it's another option and they look reasonably priced. If the frame bolts are in the same place it shouldn't be a huge deal to move the trailer over to the new frame.

Booker
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:12 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Trillium Outback / 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Quote:
Anyone know the link between the Canadian Trillium Outback (Calgary?) and the California New Trillium (Sacramento?)

Where can one purchase a new unit and is there any difference in pricing between the US and Canadian models?

Are they factory direct or is there a dealer network?

We bought our '07 Trillium direct from Team Trillium Trailer Manuf. in Calgary.

Over the last year or so they relocated to:
Bay 1, 285145 Wrangler Way
Rocky View, Alberta T1X 0K3
(403) 398-8732
ttm@moderndigital.net.

During the move they had several problems but seem to have everything under control again.

Brian T
Brian T is offline   Reply With Quote