Average cost for reupholstery - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft and Trillium 4500
Quote:
Cushions and Upholstery is expensive and i priced new foam lately and it really skyrocketed (it's a petroleum based product) so if you are using your original foam the price seems about right.
Joe
Yes, foam has really jumped in the last two years. I get it wholesale and it is by far the most expensive part of the upholstery jobs I do.
Jake Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 09:05 PM   #22

Trailer: 1999 Burro 17 ft
I live in SoCal and own a 1999 17' Burro. Just had it reupholstered. Front dinette and back dinette. I was charged 395.00 and he made a matching bedspread for me. I did buy my own upholstery which was expensive 22.95 per yard but I really loved it. I could have gotten away with much cheaper fabric but we plan on keeping it for a while so it was worth it.
paula gerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #23

Trailer: 17 ft Boler
Quote:
Dawn -

I do upholstery professionally, and the price from your seamstress seems very reasonable. I would guess the materials are at least half of the pricetag, and that is a bit of labor to do for $250. She is correct that piping will make them fit and stay in place better - it helps keep the covers from "wandering" on the foam.

Mish -

I live in Los Angeles and do RV upholstery - please feel free to contact me directly about your cushions. The quote you got is outrageous. You can get quality work without being fleeced.

Here is a sample of the work I do for trailers....
Wow. that trailer looks rockin!

I had the gal do the upholstery. She did a good job but totally lied to me and gouged me on the price. She said it was $50 a cushion and made me 7, when I had asked for 8 (I wanted an extra little armrest cushion) and she charged my mom $500 - for a "standard boler job" when she picked them up for me. I want to call her and complain, but I can't be bothered arguing with someone who, at this point, I am pretty convinced is clinically cookoo. Thank you for trying to help me!!!!
Dawn S is offline   Reply With Quote