Boler fridge access door fell off in transit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2020, 01:30 AM   #1

Name: Amie
Trailer: shopping
Winlaw
Boler fridge access door fell off in transit

Hi, I just bought a boler 13' and on the way home, the access door to the fridge fell off and was flattened. I wonder if anyone knows where to get another on. Also the table has a small split underneath from my son lifting it up to release the leg. I see that the wood has broken a little under the metal brackets that are attached under the table and which allow the table to connect at the wall. any advise on glueing this, repair or do I replace the table top now? I love this camper, but didnt get any instruction from the owner as her husband was away and she didn't know a lot about the camper.

PS I am also wondering the best recommendations for covering /protecting the fiber glass from snow /sun in storage if no cover is available.
Thanks for any help
bolercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:19 AM   #2

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
There has been a healthy and lengthy discussion recently concerning trailer covering. You should check it out. But a synopsis would be:
A) Don’t buy super cheap tarps since they don’t last.
Cover any protrusions (the door hinges, regulator, door handle, roof vent) with a collar or mat to avoid rubbing against the tarpaulin

I’m a 13’ Boler owner and I have used a medium weight tarp for several years. The problem that I’ve had over the last couple of winters has been the shape wrap: rectangular tarp vs egg shape= ballooning and the dreaded flapping. My upcoming solution will be to have a tarp or tarps sewn into the egg shape so that there will be less flapping and hopefully less abrasion.

One thing that I have done the last couple of years is to use Bungee cords to fasten the folds of the tarp across the bottom of the Boler with a modicum of success. Not perfect but they reduced the ballooning and flap.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:03 PM   #3

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolercurious View Post
Hi, I just bought a boler 13' and on the way home, the access door to the fridge fell off and was flattened. I wonder if anyone knows where to get another on. Also the table has a small split underneath from my son lifting it up to release the leg. I see that the wood has broken a little under the metal brackets that are attached under the table and which allow the table to connect at the wall. any advise on glueing this, repair or do I replace the table top now? I love this camper, but didnt get any instruction from the owner as her husband was away and she didn't know a lot about the camper.

PS I am also wondering the best recommendations for covering /protecting the fiber glass from snow /sun in storage if no cover is available.
Thanks for any help
Google used RV parts and you'll find places around the country that takes in wrecked RV's of all types. Make sure you know the size you need and the places may have a door. As far as the table same thing or you can use Gorilla super glue or wood glue. You may want to put a thin piece of wood over the crack when you glue it. There's an RV used parts place near Denver, CO but there are others around.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
Google used RV parts and you'll find places around the country that takes in wrecked RV's of all types. Make sure you know the size you need and the places may have a door. As far as the table same thing or you can use Gorilla super glue or wood glue. You may want to put a thin piece of wood over the crack when you glue it. There's an RV used parts place near Denver, CO but there are others around.

FYI
Where is the one near Denver
Any idea of the name ?
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:23 AM   #5

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
When you go fibreglass, you go seriously fibreglass.

I use fibreglassing epoxy to fix, build and glue almost anything that doesn’t need welding.

You might be able to glue/fill the crack in your table with epoxy.

As for the fridge access door, you might be able to do what I did to fix the damage done by the previous owner. I cut a groove into a scrap piece of lumber and a mate for the groove in a piece of scrap lumber and tapped out the louvres on the grill. It’s a bit of work but it saved having to hunt down replacement Dometic grills.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #6

Name: Amie
Trailer: shopping
Winlaw
thank you all I will check those solutions out.
regarding covering, i have notices that some people around here build a little roof that sits on the lop of their older trailers where the tarp is draped over. . Thanks very much
bolercurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:28 PM   #7

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
FYI
Where is the one near Denver
Any idea of the name ?
5 Star RV Parts
phone-303-659-1725 or 800-222-6737
12202 Brighton Rd Henderson, CO

This was the info I had 2 years ago when I went there.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, fridge