Boler kitchen backsplash - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #1

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
Boler kitchen backsplash

I have seen numerous photos of various backsplashes and was wondering how they are attached to the foam wall material. Any suggestions from those who have done this mod?
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:24 AM   #2

Name: Eric
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I like the shinning mirror back-splash. Don't the material.
HawkBoler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #3

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Ours is on with rivets into acorn nuts. Arbite
Old 03-09-2017, 01:54 PM   #4

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Rivets from outside hold splash to foam wall, we are going to change ours to new arbrite topping.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:51 PM   #5

Ontario
Registry
Backsplash

Hmm... A bit reluctant to do any she'll drilling/riveting unless no other way. Perhaps somehow gluing piece of arbour item or sheet plastic to Ensolite, then peel-and-stick backsplash tiles from Home Depot. Running through options at this point...
Old 03-09-2017, 09:36 PM   #6

Name: Dean
British Columbia
I used contact cement
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3792.jpg  
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #7

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
Our trailer was a total rebuild, so we were down to the fiberglass shell. Heavy duty construction adhesive was used to attach the backsplash to the wall directly. Once on, we trimmed it on the top and bottom to hold it in place, and the interior ring of the window also helped.
Attached Thumbnails
backsplash 4.jpg   backsplash 3.jpg  

backsplash 2.jpg  
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:44 PM   #8

Name: Tim
Alberta
I used 1" X 1" glass tile. I attached it to the ensolite with a dab of construction adhesive on each tile. The ensolite was cleaned well with Tilex. Then instead of grout, I used almond coloured silicone. It stayed flexible and after many a washboard roads is still attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Tile with construction adhesive..jpg   Finished backsplash.jpg  

TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #9

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
If you were to wrap this around say the front corner to the right of the kitchenette how would you cut it?
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:22 PM   #10

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I haven't done it (since we don't cook inside right now), so my opinion is of limited value. If I did, I would use a single sheet- stainless steel, pressed tin, or molded plastic, depending on the look I was going for. I would rivet it in place using the existing holes for the top of the lower cabinet and the bottom of the upper cabinet- just slip it between the cabinets and the shell covering and use slightly longer rivets. No new holes and no adhesive.

For myself, I'm not a fan of tiles- too much movin' and shakin' in a trailer.

I saved this photo for inspiration, taken from a trailer that sold a while back. It uses a stainless steel panel. It looks like the window was removed and reinstalled so the backsplash is under the trim ring, but I'm not 100% sure. It also looks like they bent it to cover the countertop as well, probably since they changed the sink to a different shape. Don't think I would go that far, but it sure looks nice!

Name:   Scamp Reno.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  20.3 KB
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:03 PM   #11

Ontario
Registry
Backsplash

Thinking of gluing the plastic panel on foam lining and attaching those peel-and-stick fake tiles that my wife picked up. That SHOULD work! Lol!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #12

Name: Tony
Trailer: Scamp - "The Haunted Mansion" (13') and TBD (16')
Colorado
Registry
Wrapping around that front corner is a tough one since it's a compound curve...The tiles we used worked well on the side, but we stopped out when it started to get out of square.
Sohkraites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:26 PM   #13

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Ours is not pretty but functional. We have rat fur I wanted to cover. It is one piece, cut to fit that bends. I used Velcro to stick it in place. This can be removed. Our Scamp also has an area that we could kind of stick the end of the backsplash into the space between counter and wall. I did not think of this when I used Velcro, found out about that method later.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:18 PM   #14

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
I was thinking of doing something on the boler i just bought. clean the wall, even on peel and stick I would use contact cement on both surfaces. For grout there is pre mixed, it doesn't seem to set rock hard and is easy to use. Home Depot carries it
Jan
Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 11:16 AM   #15

Name: Karen
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
My trailer had a piece of arborite already in place that had been attached with sort of an aluminum trim that is bolted through the fiberglass. I didn't like the color so I've put peel and stick floor tile over it.

It was a bit of a pain as absolutely nothing is square and the tile was more like "peel and not stick". But nothing a little contact cement wouldn't fix.
firiel77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler