Boler Seam Tape - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
If anyone is interested please let me know. I might have found some BOLER SEAM TAPE - the real deal.

I might need a bunch of people who would want to buy some. Meaning, I will buy a case of it - not just one roll of it.

Please reply if interested!!

Kory
kory p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #2

Quote:
If anyone is interested please let me know. I might have found some BOLER SEAM TAPE - the real deal.

I might need a bunch of people who would want to buy some. Meaning, I will buy a case of it - not just one roll of it.

Please reply if interested!!

Kory
I've just acquired a 13' Boler that is missing a few pieces of seam tape. Most of the rest of the seams are sort of wrinkled so I'd be interested in buying some.

Jack Walter
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1981 Scamp 13 ft
Can you describe this tape? I have not been in a Boler so i dont know if it is the same as the tape in my Scamp. Mine looks to be about 3/4in wide and it has turned yellow so it would be nice to replace it! TIA Don
Don Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:08 PM   #4
Con

Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300
Does it look like this?
If so, how many feet on a roll and how much per roll and what color?
I would be interested in a roll.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler_85.jpg  
Con is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:30 AM   #5

Trailer: 1975 Boler
How much does one need to do a complete trailer? If so, how much do you want for that and I can pick up if it works for you (I live just east of Calgary).

Dave
David Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #6

I am interested in enough to do a boler brian
brian s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft 1992 / Chevrolet S10 4.3L.
I am also interested to buy seam tape to refesh my boler

Thank you
Yvon Chayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:43 PM   #8

Trailer: Trillium 4500
I would be interested in a roll to retrim the interior of my Trillium. Is the colour a cream colour?

Thanks.
Joe
Joe Loiacono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #9

Trailer: 1975 Boler 13 ft / Ford Explorer
Registry
I would be interested in this tape also as we will be redoing the insides in the future on our Boler.
Cheryl Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 AM   #10

Trailer: 1970 Boler
you can still get the original two sided tape Boler used from 3M. Just need the talc powder!
Kurt in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi Kurt, where is the original tape still available from? I`m thinking of replacing mine sometime this summer and haven`t started looking for a source....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #12

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Hi again, I found a Boler seam tape supplier here in Winnipeg...there are several but the one I called has to bring it in and the cost is $112.00 a roll ....72 yds long, so will have to think long and hard whether to get a roll or not....will measure how much I`ll need and see if someone else needs some also.... maybe squeeze four 13 foot trailers out of one roll....will try another dealer yet to see if I can get a sample to confirm that it is the same as was used on the older Bolers... ....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #13

Beeny, I got mine through my father's work so I'm not sure where they got it from. I suspect any parts store carrying 3M stuff could find it in the catologue. The stuff I used was slightly thiner than the original stuff but I'm sure other sizes are out there.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #14

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler Deluxe
I've also been looking everywhere to find some seam tape. Please contact me !
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #15

Trailer: 1973 Boler
Quote:
I've just acquired a 13' Boler that is missing a few pieces of seam tape. Most of the rest of the seams are sort of wrinkled so I'd be interested in buying some.

Jack Walter

Did you ever buy the tape?
How did it turn out?
Any pics?
Thanks.
Sue!
dapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:40 PM   #16

I am surprised everyone is having such a hard time with this.

If you want to stay true to the original here it is here:

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6015.asp

Good old 3M two sided foam tape. Its the same stuff used when the Boler's were made. During assembly they brushed the outer side with talc (ie baby powder) to get rid of the "stick". Or do what I did and just paint over the sticky side. I installed 3/4 inch wide tape but go for the 1" wide stuff as it covers better.

Or.....buy the one sided 3M foam tape (this would be my choice). Its cheaper too:

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_...sp?desc=3M+VHB

It also creeps up on Ebay from time to time
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #17

Trailer: Trillium
I'm interested in a cream color for a Trillium.

Thanks.

Don
d_wildemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:21 AM   #18

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
I am surprised everyone is having such a hard time with this.

If you want to stay true to the original here it is here:

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_6015.asp

Good old 3M two sided foam tape. Its the same stuff used when the Boler's were made. During assembly they brushed the outer side with talc (ie baby powder) to get rid of the "stick". Or do what I did and just paint over the sticky side. I installed 3/4 inch wide tape but go for the 1" wide stuff as it covers better.

Or.....buy the one sided 3M foam tape (this would be my choice). Its cheaper too:

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_...sp?desc=3M+VHB

It also creeps up on Ebay from time to time
Thanks Kurt, I picked up two rolls of double sided at Home Depot and did mine last week. The talc idea worked perfectly. It really brightened up the interior, however now my ensolite looks dirty in comparison. I'm considering doing a sort of faux finish with a sponge and a very light cream colored paint to cover all of the ensolite. Might look cool with the other changes I am making. Although if it doesn;t look good I guess I am screwed. Anyone ever paint ensolite?
Jonathan S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:10 AM   #19

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via MSN to Coach George Jessup
anyone got a pic of where these seams are you folk are wanting to redo?
Coach George Jessup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #20

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Thanks Kurt, I picked up two rolls of double sided at Home Depot and did mine last week. The talc idea worked perfectly. It really brightened up the interior, however now my ensolite looks dirty in comparison. I'm considering doing a sort of faux finish with a sponge and a very light cream colored paint to cover all of the ensolite. Might look cool with the other changes I am making. Although if it doesn;t look good I guess I am screwed. Anyone ever paint ensolite?
Hi: Jonathan... My brother painted the entire interior Ensolite/seams of his '72 Boler. He pulled the tape off then filled the seams with PAINTABLE Latex Caulking. Used wet paper towel to stipple the caulking like a wrinkled skin effect, then painted the Ensolite with a good quality Acrylic Latex Kitchen/Bath paint tinted...what else but "EGG SHELL". This kind of paint will breath and if the surface is washed/prepared properly you will have a good bond.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler