Burro Accessory Prices - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2003, 01:04 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Burro Accessory Prices

I was poking around over at http://www.burrotrailers.com/purchasing2.htm, wishing they had the prices posted for their accessories, when I realized that the prices are actually hidden in the code. Here they are, cleaned up for your info

3-way refrigerator $650
Roof Air Conditioner $795
Roof Fan w/thermostat $175
Power Converter with charger and circuit breakers $245
Shower, water heater, and toilet (17 foot only ) $1350
Shower, water heater, and toilet (14 foot only ) $1550
City Water ( std. with shower package ) $35
Gray water tank (standard w/shower package) $195
Porta Potti $85
Power range hood $125
Bathroom sink $150
Sliding screened front and rear windows $340
Kitchen window with screen $125
Heater with thermostat $395
Roof fan with thermostat $175
Insulation $250
Silverware compartment $45
Water heater & electric pump (std. w/shower pkg.) $395
Vinyl floor $450
Additional A/C outlet $40
Outside A/C outlet $60
Burro clock $20
Fold-up step $95
Entrance Door Light $40
Spare tire with cover / lug wrench $95
Tongue jack wheel $75
Brake Control $75
10 Electric brakes (14') $350
40 lb. propane tank $60
Dual propane tank w/ automatic switchover $185
Gravel shield $125
Combo gravel shield w/front sliding window $350
Rear stabilizer jacks $40
TV antenna with amplifier not listed
Awning $650
Battery Pack $95
Decorative Fiberglass liner
(overhead cabinets & hanging closet) $225

:wave

Kitty

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 07:23 AM   #2

Thanks, Kitty, Valuable information............

...........for reference.

But if anyone is considering making a deposit on a new Burro, they should carefully take a look at the current Better Business Bureau (San Diego) report on ''Burro Travel Trailers, LLC.''

http://www.sandiego.bbb.org/commonreport.h...?compid=1039233

That said, there is nothing wrong with the older Burro trailers. Owners seem to be happy with them. Big difference from Casita, Scamp and all the other current manufacturers is that their customer service apparently is non-existent.

However, they still have a slot in the office door where you can drop off your deposit for a new one!:bh

Old 03-16-2003, 07:59 AM   #3

Good idea George, I'll just go make a deposit right now. . .NOT

this information is good - as I now have a price range for new stuff I might want to add to my TT. I don't have to buy it from Burro. that's probably the same frig as in the Casita and the new Trilliums well in all the FTTs. I would guess. :yep

I'm impressed Kitty.

Old 03-16-2003, 08:25 AM   #4

Right, JJ

Kitty did a great job extracting that information. (I still can't figure out how she did it!) The other day I went to the Burro web site to try to find their current prices, but couldn't find a thing. A 14' Burro (no bath) had been advertised on our ''for sale'' thread as having cost $12,500 when new. I had researched Burro in 2001 before we ordered our Casita, and as I recall, you couldn't have paid that much for a gold-plated 14-footer! That might have been about the correct price for a loaded 17' with bath, but a 14'? As you say, ''NOT''

On second thought, if someone was willing to pay some $4-5k over MSRP, maybe even Burro would deliver!:loltu

Old 03-16-2003, 11:25 AM   #5

George,

I could tell you how to extract the info, too, but then you'd be a nerd like me, and then what would you do?

The bad BB report was what prompted me to look up the status of Burro's website registration. That showed me somebody had changed the registration in January of this year, so they aren't actually dead. The site, too, had been upgraded-- tho' the webmaster appears to be working beyond his/her abilities. The pricing page is just plain dumb!

I'm hoping Burro comes back, gets financially solvent, and becomes reliable once more. All I'm doing at this point, though, is monitoring their website development.

Maybe I should offer to fix their website in exchange for a 17'. Yeah. That's what I'll do! :L

Kitty

Old 03-16-2003, 04:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Orginally posted by George Cathcart

Kitty did a great job extracting that information. (I still can't figure out how she did it!)
Well George, all she did was to take a look at the source code for the accessories page. You can do that with any browser. Take a look at your browser menus. You don't really have to be much of a nerd. But then again...:jester
Sorry Kitty.:duck

Old 03-16-2003, 04:24 PM   #7

Thanks, Kitty and Larry, I for one just learned something new!

Pete and RatLadies

Old 03-16-2003, 04:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Orginally posted by Larry Page

Well George, all she did was to take a look at the source code for the accessories page. You can do that with any browser.
He said it, not me!! I'm always getting in trouble for rattling on about html and javascript and...and... *neep*

Just watch my husband's eyes glaze over.

It sounds like an unaccesorized Burro is a great little thing to clean out with a fire hose, doesn't it? Once you take out the cushions, there's nothing inside!

Kitty

Old 03-16-2003, 05:59 PM   #9

No, No, Kitty, Kitty

The Burro is a nice trailer. In fact I liked the all-fiberglass (no wood) interior, but my boss really liked
wood cabinet doors. Well, about that time we discovered that Burro Company was only a semi-entity and we wiped that one off the radar. Casita it is, and no regrets.

If you use a fire hose on a Burro interior, there's no one to call for customer service! Every time I do that with our Casita, Chuck or Jay is right there to tell me how to mop it out: First tip the whole thing toward the door, then...........

Hi, Larry, I learned a lot today about how to decipher a lot of codes, not just from you. (Try Kim Komando's weekly on-line computer newsletter--it's a lot of fun and very informative, especially this Saturday's about how to crack computer codes.) Gracias!

Old 03-16-2003, 06:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Orginally posted by George Cathcart
If you use a fire hose on a Burro interior, there's no one to call for customer service! Every time I do that with our Casita, Chuck or Jay is right there to tell me how to mop it out: First tip the whole thing toward the door, then...........
I wish Casita was an option, but they say that four adults won't fit in anything we can pull. I keep looking...:o
Kitty

Old 03-17-2003, 08:57 AM   #11

Computing we will go

George,

If you want to mess with code some more, you're welcome to use this "how to" page. I built it for my girls, but some of my web clients have found it useful, too:
http://www.deckwench.com/builder/

Kitty :wave

Tags
burro